ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old November 14th, 2000, 10:58 PM   #1
ceril

ceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 378
Games Wanted: 0
Post crash bandicoot for ps2

http://www.dailyradar.com/features/g...ge_1806_1.html

hmmm looks to stil be on rails..

------------------
Old November 14th, 2000, 11:00 PM   #2
Swirlie

Swirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enough

Live!: N0REGARD4L1FE

Games Owned: 16
Naughty Dog is missing the boat if they dont make it true 3-D. With games like Shenmue out, PS2 needs something.

------------------
I am Ryo Hazuki!
Old November 14th, 2000, 11:11 PM   #3
Solid Snake

Solid Snake has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
Naughty Dog isnt making it. Dont get to hung up on how it looks now since its in early devolopment.

------------------
"It was Keyser Soze, Agent Kujan...I mean the devil himself. How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"
Old November 14th, 2000, 11:28 PM   #4
Swirlie

Swirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enough

Actually I didnt even click on the link. I just read what was posted on how it was still on rails. Why isnt ND making it?? Isnt it their game?

------------------
Shenmue: The greatest game ever.
Old November 15th, 2000, 12:20 AM   #5
ceril

ceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 378
they said itll be the same style gameplay so i doubt itll go 3d maybe 1-2 levels at eh most but doubtfull. still looks good and i actually dont mind the rails i like crash but id like to see a fully 3d game w/ him in it

------------------
Old November 15th, 2000, 12:45 AM   #6
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Cuz Naughty Dog is making a new game with a new mascot. They were tired of making Crash games so they let whoever is making the new one have the crash license(not for free i'm sure). Atleast thats what I remember reading in an interview a few months ago.

------------------
"Right before I die I'll be cursing the lord reincarnated b!tch even worse than before"
Old November 15th, 2000, 01:15 AM   #7
Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, what Sven said. Editic took over after CB: Warped anyway. They made CTR and Crash Bash.

As for the new Crash, I think it looks great! I don't care if its on rails or not. Crash was the first and only 3D platformer to capture the 2D gameplay in a 3D world. Of course, it would be interesting to see a completely 3D crash game. Judging from those pics though, it looks as if 2 of them take place in 3D worlds.

------------------
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2000, 01:19 PM   #8
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Bull. Naughty Dog made CTR. Traveller's Tales is making the new Crash Bandicoot and that's coming to PS2, Xbox and GameCube. TT made Rascal and A Bug's Life.

Check www.naughtydog.com for inside info on the developement of the Crash games including CTR also called Project X. Look for Naughty Dog's new game at E3.

Look for Spyro to follow the same fate: going multiplatform under a new developer.

------------------
Old November 15th, 2000, 09:09 PM   #9
Swirlie

Touche'.

------------------
Shenmue: The greatest game ever.
Old November 16th, 2000, 12:34 AM   #10
NiGHTS

NiGHTS is an unknown quantity at this point

The Crash license was never ND's to give away, it belongs to Universal.

------------------
NiGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2000, 09:55 AM   #11
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Yeah, but it's just a wording thing. Naughty Dog left, Universal would have been happy to keep them. I am wondering how long it will take before Universal come up with Crash Bandicoot the movie or The Crash Bandicoot cartoon series.

Check out www.naughtydog.com for which part Sony and Universal played in the making of Crash Bandicoot.

------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: