ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old June 14th, 2001, 09:16 AM   #1
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
Lightbulb MvC2 Character specific strategy...

this is a retype, my freakin' computer crashed killing the original

...due to the request of SwS last night during a CC PSO outing I've decided to post more MvC2 strategy/tech. So let's get started...

Character specific

Captain Commando:

The Captain first appeared in MvC (the third game in the Vs series), back then with high power (his three hit combos really hurt) he was a force to be reckoned with (although not top tier). Commando has been changed a little for his MvC2 outing, the first major change that should be noted is due to MvC2 revised game engine which allows the cancelation of special moves into super moves. This change now allows Captain Commando to cancel into his Captain Sword from a Captain Corridor (other changes will discussed later).

Since the focus of MvC2 is rush down and traps as opposed the combo centric game play of the earlier Vs games, one has to ask the question "Why play Commando?" Well the answer is found in his excellent AA assist, the Captain Corridor. This assist effectively nullifies triangle jumping and wave dashing, greatly reducing the effectiveness of Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Strider, and other rush down characters.

How does Captain Commando fit into a team? Quite easily, the team I use Commando for is

Storm (Projectile)/Sentinel (Ground)/Captain Commando (AAA)

...Commando not only protects my characters from the nastiness of rush down but also serves an aggressive offensive role as well. Commando covers the the rush down of Storm (triangle jumps as well) and Sentinel. Specifically related to Storm, Storm can use a horizontal typhoon w/Commando's AAA into a Hail Storm for some nice damage. Commando also allows Storm to guard break incoming players, this is done by dashing to the corner and calling Commando's AAA then quickly using a vertical typhoon canceled into a hail storm.

In regards to Sentinel, Commando allows assorted pain to be adminstered. The basic thing one can do is regular jumping fierces or roundhouses while calling Commando's AAA for two hice damaging hits, if you're quick you can cancel the roundhouse into flight and kick them again for a third hit. The most fun is had though simply by flying around with Sentinel and when you cross up your opponent call Commando, they'll more than likely get hit and that sometimes allows you to hit them again if you're quick.

Now onto Commando himself, Commando is usually the anchor of team so hopefully he usually will not have to fight. However, when the time comes for Commando to get his hands dirty you have to know what to do. While Commando has been kind of weakened he still has nice power and some nasty tricks. Combo wise Commando excels in ground combat, his air combos are ok though. Use the Captain Corridor to keep your opponent grounded (pick the proper corridor and watch your distance as it does have some recovery time). Commando also access to three helpers, Sho, Gennity, and Hoover. Each serves a purpose (Sho and Gennity being the most useful). Sho can be used to keep opponents grounded, chip, or comboed in after a crouching fierce (lightning version only). Gennity can keep opponents grounded and also allows Commando to guard break incoming opponents (more on that later). Hoover is kind of scorched earth for Commando, he's slow and damaging and even if Commando gets hit Hoover keeps going, use sparingly.

Commando's basic ground combos can be finished with a Captain Corridor, Captain Flame, Captain Sword, or Captain Storm. His combos are generally simple magic chains (weaker to stronger), finishing w/a Corridor, Storm or Sword is a little different. The Corridor works best if it is OTGed in or used after a launcher, which can be canceld into the Captain Sword. The Captain Sword can also be comboed into from a Commando's roundhouse launcher. If your opponent lands properly after a Captain Sword they can be OTGed (via c.short -> s.roundhouse) into another Sword or air combo (much easier to do in MvC). The Captain Storm is the hardest to combo in and works best in the corner (b/c of distance issues), after a crouching fierce (lightning only) you can quickly cancel into the Storm. After the Storm if your opponent land closes enough to you they can be OTGed (via c.short -> s.roundhouse) into an air combo or Corridor into Sword. Also, if have the proper assist (ie Sentinel ground) you can call the assist use a Captain Fire then canceled into a Captain Storm. In the corner, the Captain Storm can be comboed in from a standing fierce. With those Commando basics down it's time for the really fun stuff. Commando can guard break an incoming opponent using Gennity, then going into a jab and then take it from there. Commando's raison d'etre however is his roundhouse throw. Properly mashed this throw can hold an opponent until they run out of life (most I've done is half damage), you'll know know when you do this properly b/c you'll hold your opponent much linger normal...just mash heavily.

Enjoy

Note:This applies to my old MvC2 on what was mashable. I believe I neglected to mention Ruby Heart's ship super and Felica's "Help Me Now" both of which are mashable.

------------------
"The technique, depends mainly on arm and finger strength
Once you've mastered that, then the next step is to learn how to pierce stone
Well you might as well start practicing now
Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you know, the mantis legends?
How it was it all started?
It was fighting off this blackbird
Although it was only a tenth of the bird's size it was a very valiant insect
And that's why the technique, needs a brave man...
Mantis style isn't easy to learn
A mantis is small, but powerful
With it's arms, it can lift up many times it's own weight"

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited July 23, 2001).]

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2001, 11:36 AM   #2
Shallow when Shollow

Shallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 38
Games Wanted: 0
Thumbs up

ok
good info on commando and how to use him with storm.

sentinel will probably be my worst anchor with Magneto and storm being that i cannot use his clunky ass for the world.
altho he is a great character, i just dont like him.
just his assist.
anyways...

theres a problem i have with all those little otg's...and thats the fact good players will always Roll out of them, thats why i dont even care for otg's anymore. (altho its good to know if u can otg moves JUST in case someone may forget to roll)

lets see....
triangle jumping with storm.
what do you find the most effective way of triangle jumping with storm...

i try to super jump, then dash down forward, but as i dash downfoward, i push the light punch and then push light punch again, then land, light punch, medium kick, medium punch, Super jump dash down..etc.
but i get screwed alot doing that because, some times storm will just throw out her fierce instead of dashing, or she will do her damn lightning strike !
argh!
its frustrating.

with Magnus, i can do it somewhat pretty good. i replace the light punch to short kick. the only problems i ever encounter with this is il do his thing where he shoots out something from the sky alot. very annoying...

i know justin wong does it with the Fierce kick for magneto...but ive tried that, and my fingers arent deformed like his, so they cant dash then move to fierce all that fast like his can.

so how do you go about triangle jumping with storm.

Ive heard of a sweet combo with storm...

light punch...pause..light punch, light kick, medium punch, medium kick, dash up forward, light punch, light kick, medium punch, light kick, lightning strike, lightning strike, Cancel into Lightning super.

But i also heard that there is Combo Buffering in this game, so the longer the combo, the less effective moves become.

But i also heard, with fast characters, u can keep a combo going, but reset the buffer as your doing the combo.

so lets try to figure out ways to reset these buffers.

peace

[This message has been edited by Shallow when Shollow (edited June 15, 2001).]
Shallow when Shollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2001, 03:19 PM   #3
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Lightbulb

...trust me, Sentinel is worth the effort to learn (except when fighting Cable).

When I triangle jump I only use normal jumps and quickly hold down and towards my opponent why using both punches to dash (with any punch b/c they both stun). The majority of the time I do this I've also called or I am calling an assist (you can only call assists on normal jumps, flight, and on the ground). If I don't cross them up I usually catch them ducking (jumping attacks must be blocked high), and then go into her regular air combo or Hail Storm combo. I usually super jump to manuever and avoid traps or go off screen to chip with typhoons, I use an air dash in a super jump to avoid full screen moves (it requires timing). I triangle jump the same way with Magnus, but I'm not as good with him as I am with Storm (I'm still trying though). I think I've seen my friend's do that Storm combo, but I've never tried it, I will now though. While it looks great, combo buffering does limit it's effectiveness (and that of other long combos unless you're Magneto, Cable, or Sentinel). I've found it's easier to reset the buffer while fighting in the corner (I've done it with Iron Man), I'll work on some more stuff ask around and see what I can find. Next up in the character specific strategy will either be Sentinel or Blackheart.

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Old June 15th, 2001, 06:59 PM   #4
Shallow when Shollow

Shallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enoughShallow when Shollow will become famous soon enough

Talking

cool.
i use to try to do triangle jumps like that also syndacite.
but
maybe i can help better YOUR game for ONCE

When triangle jumping
it is better to Super jump because...
1. Its faster than a normal jump.
2. U can do more than one hit with a super jump unlike a normal jump, where with a normal jump, only one command is alowwed to be inputted per jump, thus why gaurd break is possible.
3. i forgot what the third reason was.

i been trying out commando and i like his vast moves and easy cancels

maybe with your in depth sent. guide, i can maybe get better with sent.

peace
Old June 17th, 2001, 04:57 PM   #5
Syndicate

Lightbulb

...here's the run down on another character for all those interested...

Character specific

Sentinel

Sentinel was first seen in X-Men Children of the Atom (where the Vs engine comes from). I'm not sure how he played in that game b/c I never played him (I've heard he had even more moves), but he is cerainly a force to be reckoned w/in MvC2.

It has been my experience that when most people first see Sentinel (those who aren't very familar with MvC2) they laugh. It's almost as they view him as some huge target, they couldn't be more wrong (unless they're very good Cable players, more on that later). Why play Sent? Quite frankly Sentinel is the best big guy in the game and has an insane amount of advantages over most characters.

In regards to "traditional combos Sent isn't really much to look at. He uses the basic magic chain and can finish it with one of his supers. However, much like Cable, given 3 or more bars of super meter Sentinel only needs to land two critical hits to end pretty much any offensive the other player may have had.

Sentinel's advantages not only include insane damge, but also...
high priority
massive range
hyper armor (takes 3-hits to phase and makes him anti-pixie)
every move even regulars chip
nasty traps
great wave dash
fastest flight mode in the game
great assist

...Sentinel's only major disadvantage is his lack of speed, this is actually not a true disadvantge (Sentinel still has range).

Sentinel as a team member is generally used as the middle character. The reason for this is that Sentinel's excellent ground assist is used to cover the character on point. I generally use Sentinel to cover my Storm's triangle jumps and wave dashes. The ground assist is perfect for setting up any number of combos for many characters. I find the characters best used with Sentinel (who are the anchors of the team) are Blackheart(AAA) and Captain Commando(AAA). Blackheart allows Sentinel to set up a devastating chipping game. The trap is a crouching fierce (laser, a standing can be used but I prefer the crouching) while calling the assist then canceling into the short Sentinel drones repeat...this works by chipping with all the three attacks. Sentinel's attacks control the vertical while Blackheart's assist (which tracks opponents) covers the vertical thus making it virtually impossible for your opponent to move (Magneto, Storm and some others can break this). Captain Commando's AAA gives Sentinel the ability to become very aggressive. A Sentinel player can continously use jumping fierces or roundhouse while calling Commando making a counter attack ver very difficult. One can also simply fly while calling Commando while crossing up the opponent, it's very effective.

By himself Sentinel's offense is generally a type of keep away b/c of his serious range. If an opponent jumps at Sentinel, noe has only to jump backwards while using a fierce or roundhouse. One can also use part of the basic Blackheart trap (w/out BH of course) to chip. However, the most important thing to remember w/Sentinel is the Hyper Sentinel Force chain combo (which is very similar to Cables AHVB chain). This requires at least two meters of super bar, here's how it is done

c.fierce xx s.rocket punch xx HSF xx c.fierce xx s.rocket punch xx HSF xx c.fierce xx s.rocket punch xx HSF...repeat until opponent is dead or you run out of meter (this is not an infinite, xx=cancel), this can also be used very effectively against an opponent's assist but you must only use a s.rocket punch xx HSF. This takes some timing to get down but is well worth it. The HSF combo can also be started in a variety of methods, like OTGing from a j.rocket punch or s.roundhouse xx rocket punch xx HSF. Sentinel's other super the force ball/hard drive isn't really that usefull except to chip or finish air combos. With the proper assist (i.e Blackheart AAA or Commando AAA) Sentinel can also guard break.

Properly played Sentinel should be able to easily beat almost any opponent. Cable give Sentinel pure hell simply b/c his AHVB fast enough to stop most anything Sentinel can do, so be very very careful when fighting against Cable. Characters that can play a great run away game (Dhalsim, Storm, Magneto, and etc...) also give Sentinel some trouble (not as much as Cable though) so have a good full screen AAA ie Blackheart (Commando's AAA is near full screen but still very effective).

Enjoy

Oh yeah SwS, like I said at PSO that super jumping triangle jump is very nice...thanx for the heads up. It's a difficult cancel but really worth it.

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Old June 22nd, 2001, 11:19 AM   #6
Syndicate

Lightbulb

Character specific

Cable

...Cable is perhaps one of the most feared and misunderstood characters in MvC2. For those very familar w/MvC2 most of this initial intimidation has subsided but, one must always be cautious when playing with or against Cable.

When most people first play Cable all they generally see is the Viper Beam and standing fierce. There is actually quite bit more to this character. Cable's main game is keep away and trapping. It is virtually beyond rare that you'll see any half way decent Cable doing anything else. Cable's keep away is combination of standing/jumping fierces, time grenedes, jab Viper Beams, and the proper assists. Basically when playing Cable choosing the proper partners is crucial. Your point character should be a good battery while your anchor will generally be your assist of choice. When playing Cable I generally use Iron Man or Omega Red as the battery and Cyclops or Commando as the anchor. I find it's better to use partners that improve Cable's trapping ability.

The basic Cable trap is a normal jump fierce canceled into a jab Viper beam or time grenede while calling an assist (usually the anchor). This allows you limit your opponents movement while safely chipping away at their life bar. While Cable has the basic magic series combos the combos worth know are those that end in his deadly AHVB

:s.fierce (x2) xx jab schimitar xx AHVB (which you can continue to link until your meter runs out)

:s.roundhouse xx AHVB (which you can continue to link until your meter runs out)

...now that it's been mentioned I will discuss the heart of Cable's gameplay, the AHVB (Air Hyper Viper Beam). This super is quite easily the great equalizer, it can end whole matches even if only Cable is left and is facing three opponents. The AHVB is the air version of Cable's HVB super, this usper has no lag when performed in the air and can be linked until cable burns through his super meter (your opponent usually dies first). This super is quick enough to catch most specials and supers and can also punish any assist that may be be called by your opponent. A lot of people have trouble performing the AHVB, the best way is to think of Sagat's Tiger Knee motion. This will safely but you a couple of pixels off of the ground...after the super has finished immedately (sp?) repeat until you run out of super meter, your oppenent(s) die, or you get bored. Also, Cable is also able to guard break by himself, when an opponent dies quickly use a juming fierce then quickly AHVB (this may take some practice as the timing is funny if you aren't use ot it)...this can quickly end most matches.

Despite his great abilities Cable is not with out weaknesses. The most obvious is that Cable is requires lots of meter to function. If your battery dies quickly you'll have to run and play keep away/trapping for the rest of the match waiting for a mistake/opening for an AHVB. Also there are several characters that can give Cable utter hell, they are
[*]Magneto[*]Storm[*]Spiral[*]Dhalsim[*]Iron Man[*]War Machine[*]Dr.Doom/Strider

...these eight can play a nasty game of keep away or rush down and with out the proper assist there's nothing a Cable player can do about it. Storm and Magneto are very difficult trap and can rush the crap out of Cable. Spiral has an eight position teleport that's nearly instantaneous. Iron Man and War Machine can simply super jump dash up and smart bomb all day, the bombs land when they do so Cable is unable to attack. Dhalsim has the best run away in the game b/c he can stay in the air indefinately. The Dr. Doom/Strider trap effectively shuts Cable (and most other characters) down when properly played, it chips Cable to death. "Theoretically," anyone who has a good teleport and great rush down (triangle jumps and wave dashes) can handle Cable (remember, "theoretically").

Enjoy

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Old June 23rd, 2001, 03:03 AM   #7
PlayStation2

PlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nice

Games Owned: 1
Syndicate, can you write an essay on Strider Hiryu or maybe B.B. hood?? I've been trying to improve lately on them.

------------------
We are Square....resistance is futile, you WILL buy our games BECAUSE THEY'RE SO FUCKING GOOD!

tHiS f00d maY smeLL LikE sHiT bUt iT tASteS LiKE pUsSy~!

http://www.muse.mu
PlayStation2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2001, 03:52 PM   #8
Syndicate

Lightbulb

Character specific

Strider Hiryu

...Strider is one of the few Capcom characters that are able to easily dominate in MvC2. Of course he is star of his own self titled game, Hiryu made his "Vs" series debut in MvC. In MvC he was a dominant force and in MvC2, while toned down is still a nasty character to deal with.

Why play Strider? Strider has an assortment of moves at his disposal, allowing a Strider player several option in terms of offense. The three major ways of playing Strider are lock down and chip, rush down, and hit and run/runaway. Combo wise Strider is a great character with relatively open ended combos (note:Hiryu also has a double jump combo) and OTGs, he uses the basic magic series.

As a rush down character Hiryu is one of the best after Magnus and Storm of course. Hiryu's wave dash is relatively quick and his double jump easily facilitates cross ups and the like. Hiryu's speed allows a player to poke and chip away at one's opponent. As always a wave dash (or normal double jump foward in Hiryu's case) is best covered by an assist. Considering that Strider is always followed by Dr. Doom (more on this later), the 3rd assist is generally one that complements Dr. Doom. I usually choose Blackheart or Sentinel for this, but any good ground or AAA that holds an opponent or stays on screen for a while should suffice.

Hit and run is very staright foward w/Hiryu. Basically use his entire catalog of moves to attack while being mindful to avoid being hit by using his teleports and double jumps. Hiryu's mechanized panther and falcon are good for keeping opponents away as is the Legion (which has been toned down). Basically that's all there is to hit and run.

...now here's the fun (but very difficult) side of Strider Hiryu. Lock down, Strider in combination w/Dr. Doom AAA quite frankly has one of the best and most difficult traps in the game. Here's the run down...first of all this requires at least two and a half bars of super meter. The trap is as follows, first make your opponent block, use any attacks you wish then call the panther while canceling into Hiryu's Oroborous super. Here's the important part, keep a careful eye on the time meter at the bottom of the screen, once the meter is near empty call Dr. Doom and quickly teleport ot the opposite of your opponent, your opponent is now trapped between you and your assist, by now your original Orobous drones should be off the screen (you can't call another till this is finished so kill the time with attacks then a pather then cancel into the Oroborous), repeat until your opponent is chipped to death. This trap also works in the corner with out teleporting, also there are some variations on this trap so experiment and see what works for you. However, be very care b/c one simple mistake on your part and the trap will fall apart. The upside of this trap is that generates super meter which allows it to gone for a long time when performed properly.

Other Strider notes, Hiryu can guard break using the falcon or an Oroborous if it is activated. One can also keep a drone by their side if you wish, the reason being to use a fireball to give you some space if you need it. Assist wise Hiryu is pretty weak, none of them are that good...but variety is probably the best and safest. On a team Hiryu is generally the point character while his partners play a role in either setting up his trap (Dr. Doom) or covering his advances. Weaknesses, Hiryu's major weakness is the inability to take damage very well...so be very careful when playing Strider. Other things to be mindful of is he has a large array of moves with similar motions, so be careful not grab the wall when you are trying to teleport. Also only two of Strider's supers of any use, the Oroborous for the trap obviously and Legion to push back and chip opponents (in athe corner you OTG after the Legion if it connected, the Legion is not as good at chipping as it was in MvC though)...using the Ragnarok will generally get you killed, even if you hit it the damage is not worth the effort.

Enjoy

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:07 PM   #9
Shallow when Shollow

Thumbs down

I fuckin hate this game now.

Marvel Vs. capcom2 is the devil..

anyways
too add to what Syndicate said about strider.

A good thing to do is have some come out with a projectile assist,, then immediatly teleport to the other side of the character and slash with strider.

it confuses the opponent on where to block since things are coming from both directions.
also

Striders infinite on Sentinel is also pretty cool and easy, but i forgot how to do it
maybe syndicate can remember
its something like
normal jump punch punch, repeat.

also...strider has some Sick corner combos.
stuff where when u knock the char. on the ground, you can do the attack where striders flys at them..but do the version that goes str8 down. then launch them again off that attack.

now to add with cable

you do want to learn Roundhouse XX Ahvb times whatever.

but a good way to learn it is to learn how to connect...
learn how to
c.Lk, c.lk, S.roundhouse Xx ahvb times whatever.

also...the Ahvb can be connected into the TIme flip....i forgot how tho
maybe syndicate can explain that also.

i know it has to do with something like, timeflip....then when the timeflip cable is shooting the opponent, you jump in with cable and fierce kick, then standing weak kick, medium kick, roundhouse kick XX Ahvb times whatever.

hard to pull off tho since the Timeflip is hard to connect.
The best way to connect a timeflip is with a DHC....Such as...from i have seen...is having 5 bars of super...then with spiral do her 3 bar super where all the characters whip the opponents ass, then DHC it with cable's Timeflip...then etc.

right now syndicate, im tryna master my Magnus. i have Paired her up with Psylocke ever since i figured out he whips ass with her.

and i havent seen many people use that duo at the tourney.

anyways.

im out, peace

Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:40 PM   #10
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
I play Psylocke/Ruby Heart/Hulk. I face very little opposition from even the best sentinal players.

------------------
He that dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2001, 02:11 PM   #11
Syndicate

Lightbulb

...'sup SwS, question...are Mr Bad News at SRK.com? It seems like it might be you as he's a big Rogue fan.

...I've seen the Strider on Sentinel infinite (if you peep the tight B% trailer you can see it as well), it looks pretty simple, I didn't even know it existed but I'm definatley going to try to learn it. When play Strider I usually try to get some one in the corner and chip them to death. Something else I just started doing is assist teleport repeat...usually using Sentinel or Commando if I'm close.

I've seen the ahvb comboed off of a time flip, it's pretty cool and from what I can see it's a timing thing (catching them as soon as the other Cable finishes like Shallow said). Honestly, I don't see it used very often as most Cable is roundhouse
xx ahvb or fierce xx schimitar xx ahvb.

...I guess you're using Psylocke's AAA into Magnus' launcher into his tempest combo right? She works great if you're using anyone you want to set a nasty air combo for. There's a guy up here who uses that combo, also Psylocke is a great rush down character on her own as well

...oh yeah Shallow, I'm messing around with Rogue and Anakaris as now. Rogue is coming along nicely w/Storm and Sent as back up. Anakaris, is well Anakaris...very difficult, but the Japanese players are rocking the hell out of him.

Later

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Old July 2nd, 2001, 02:52 PM   #12
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...I guess you're using Psylocke's AAA into Magnus' launcher into his tempest combo right? She works great if you're using anyone you want to set a nasty air combo for. There's a guy up here who uses that combo, also Psylocke is a great rush down character on her own as well
I use that a lot, but my favorite is her normal old 29 hit air combo finished with a Psy butterfly super followed up with Hulks Gamma Crush. Takes about 90 percent damage....even off of Hulk himself.

I choose my characters, I always keep hulk second just so I can set them up for the 90% life bar super. If you have a max gauge, you can take out two people VERY quickly. Especially since Hulk chips damage even with his regular moves...much like sentinal.

------------------
Quote:
He that dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty.
Quote:
hey, nick. fuck off, eh? oh, too busy rimming Megatron's loose ass? i see.

--Acidevil
Old July 2nd, 2001, 05:06 PM   #13
Syndicate

Lightbulb

...Sentinel owns Hulk :P

...honestly, I never met a lot of Hulk players. The ones I did meet I ran over, Storm(AAA)/Sentinel(Ground)/C.Commando(AAA)or Blackheart(AAA) pretty much can fight most squads decently (it really depends on how you're playing though). Tell me more about how you play Hulk, any traps or perhaps something else. Oh yeah, you know the Gamma Crush can be mashed out of right?

------------------

Syndicate

David Cay. Johnston

Old July 3rd, 2001, 12:47 PM   #14
The Krakken

Okay, I have a lot of strategies and techniques for Hulk, Psylocke (too extensive..I'll have to email), and even Ruby Heart, and Cammy (including a super high damaging 59 hit double super).

But first, I have a question......what do you mean by mashed out? I have several ideas of what you mean, but the exact way that you apply the terminology makes it difficult.

Please explain before I begin.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:

--Acidevil
Old July 3rd, 2001, 02:06 PM   #15
Syndicate

Lightbulb

...mashing refers to the very rapid pressing of MvC2's attack buttons (w/o damaging the machine mind you). Mashing can be used both offensively and defensively. Examples can be seen in this thread. Oh yeah I may have missed some mashables in that thread and I from time to time revise it, bump it up, or and the info to this thread. As a matter of fact I made some revisions as I typed this post.

------------------

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited July 03, 2001).]

David Cay. Johnston

Old July 3rd, 2001, 02:48 PM   #16
The Krakken

Okay with that in mind, I'll give you a bit of my strategies with hulk. By my very nature I like to play Hulk aggressively, as I am a rush down expert. SO I'll divide hulk up into the two ways that I play him.

Offensive Hulk:

Hulk is not the most Offensive character on the game, but he does posess some traits that when combined right can make him absolutely menacing. If you can avoid being overwhelmed by a rush down character with high hit priority (psylocke immediately comes to mind, as does Storm), then it has major advantages.

1st-Hulks regular hits (ALL OF THEM) chip, so it pays to keep the pressure on. In terms of Combos, Hulk is a Magic chain expert, but to play him effectively one must be able to two-in-one into a special or super at ANY TIME during the combo. NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER END A COMBO WITH A FIERCE KCK OF ANY KIND, as Hulks Lag time on it is horrible and willleave you wide open for abuse. It is best to use Kicks to start Hulks Combos since the punches push back to far.

2nd--Use Hulks Forward/Reverse Dash and Jump. The dash is short, but VERY quick. And is great for rushing down and chipping without overpursuing. Just remember to 2 in 1 into the Gamma Slam to push yourself out of reach. If the Gamma Slam doesn't chip on the 1st hit, you will be forced to 2 in 1 again into the gamma quake, or else you will be hit.

The jump is also short, and quick. A major advantage in my humble opinion. It gets to the ground quickly enabling you to put the pressure on with chipping tactics or even forcing them into a blocking error. His best combos start with a jumping short.

2nd--Keep Hulks Combos simple. Because of the massive amount of damage that hulk takes, the right combo of 6 hits can take 66% or more of a life bar. Some of my favorites include:

Jumping short, Medium (while still in air) land, short , mediumu, 2 in 1 into Gamma charge, 2 in one into Gamma Crush (this combo takes no less than 60% of a life meter on ANY character. I have others, but again, experiment and keep it simple.

** If you catch this combo in the corner you can substitute a Second Gamma Charge for the gamma crush and then OTG into a second comb and finish the Gama Crush there for the comple erasing of a life bar.

Ther are many more combo's that can be found at http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade...m_2_hulk_b.txt

I gotta change computers. More in a minute.

------------------
Quote:

[This message has been edited by The Krakken (edited July 03, 2001).]
Old July 3rd, 2001, 03:48 PM   #17
The Krakken

This is exausting. More later.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:

--Acidevil
Old July 3rd, 2001, 11:18 PM   #18
Shallow when Shollow

Angry

SUp

yea Syndicate...Mr bad MaN is me at the shoto forums.

i wish i could change Shallow to Mr bad MaN

anyways

Hulk is just big green target.
he can kiss it for all i care.
(altho his moves are pretty cool)

and the magneto and psylocke thing...
psylocke makes magneto's game a WHOLE lot more dynamic.

I mean...if i can work it right...i could pull an ill infinite off with psylocke assist that doesnt even involve the tempest.

but its fuckin hard to to do..but i know its possible.

the tempest is useless now that most experts know how to mash it. but i still got learn it to the point its as easy as doing weak punch.

i gotta learn how to use psylocke at point tho
so krakken, you seem to know alot about her, so if you COULD post strats and combos for her, id appreaciate it.

Ive seen some sick stuff with cable.
good assist pressures with wack ass Sabertooth.
where u call saber tooth assist where that girl comes out and shoots...then you shoot fierce 4 times...and repeat (something like that...)
its almost remenisent of
Spiral and sent.
Spiral swords...throw 3..call sent drones..throw 3...drones hit while u pull more swords...throw 3...drones...throw 3....drones hit...call swords while drones hit...repeat..<----GOD i hate that shit

anyways

i hate this fucking game

im fuckin nasty when just playing people....then when it comes to tournament time...i fuckin choke like its my first time smokin weed.

bah...i just suck

peace
Old July 4th, 2001, 11:04 AM   #19
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Alright, I picked this up last week, where should a newbie punching bag like me go for info?

------------------
I think everybody related to Sega, internally and on the outside, didn't truly believe "Sega can win" deep down inside.

~Sega's Corporate Chief Operating Officer Tetsu Kayama

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2001, 11:45 AM   #20
Shallow when Shollow

Talking

yo...
a newbie like you needs to get a Mas stick to actually excel in this game...
The Dc pad is fine...but if u really wanna get good competively...youl need to get a mas stick
goto Http://www.masstick.com

They might be expensive....but worth it...in the long run....

peace
Old July 4th, 2001, 01:01 PM   #21
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

I got an Agetec stick, its at my brothers pad so he can practice SC.

ok, so where do I start learning basic strategy and terminology? Does anyone use Chun Li? Thats my fav character and the one I'd like to get good with first.

------------------
I think everybody related to Sega, internally and on the outside, didn't truly believe "Sega can win" deep down inside.

Old July 4th, 2001, 01:34 PM   #22
Syndicate

Lightbulb

...Agetec stick is alright, but like Shallow said the MAS sticks are much better. If you want look at some basics check out these threads and visit SRK.com
[*]Thread 0[*]Thread 1[*]Thread 2

...as for the Chun Li question, I don't know anyone that plays with her. She's really been toned down since the last "Vs" game.

------------------

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited July 04, 2001).]

David Cay. Johnston

Old July 5th, 2001, 12:26 PM   #23
The Krakken

Quote:
...as for the Chun Li question, I don't know anyone that plays with her. She's really been toned down since the last "Vs" game.
And that sucked. I worked her and shadowlady like a cheap piece of @ss on MVC1

Shallow, Psylocke can overwhelm anyone when played right. But you must be aggressive. I am going out of town so I'll answer on monday....maybe sooner.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:

--Acidevil
Old July 5th, 2001, 12:28 PM   #24
The Krakken

You can learn chun, but she will be overwhelmed quickly by even moderately skilled player.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:

--Acidevil
Old July 5th, 2001, 05:53 PM   #25
Shaolin

Thanx for the info and links. Looks like I got some research to do.

Too bad this game doesn't have Silver Surfer.

------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: