ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old August 23rd, 2001, 12:29 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8
Arrow Sega Bass Fishing 2 - Hook Up

I came across this somewhat disparaging mini review at UGO. Regardless, I'm still picking it up and will give my own impressions by Friday.

Quote:
Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone. Sega Bass Fishing was a fun, arcade game that made fishing fun for the masses. Marine Fishing added some nice twists and turns while still maintaining a fast paced arcade feel.
I bought Sega Bass Fishing 2 with high hopes. It looked to have better graphics, EBBames said it had a two player mode....sounds good, huh?......

Well, the truth is they TOTALLY changed the game. Gone is the fast paced, exciting arcade gameplay. Instead it has become a more realistic sim.

It is just too slow paced for a video game IMHO. When you finally find a fish (good luck), it turns it's nose up at the bait and runs away unless you've picked the right lure. The new element of moving your boat around adds little to the game. The announcers in the game repeat the same monotone phrases over and over. Boring. And where is the 2 player mode EB touted?

Maybe those of you looking for a sim style fishing game will like this. I prefer my video games to be fun.

~segafan55
------------------
Cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2001, 12:32 PM   #2
Mystery Ridahz

Mystery Ridahz is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0

I have that game, The graphics is the best selling point.. The game is sort of on the easy side, which is alright with me. It's a good game man

------------------

No Disrespect Towards God & Jesus Christ

No Disrespect Towards God & Jesus Christ
Mystery Ridahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2001, 12:35 PM   #3
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Arrow

Well... tell us is theres a two player mode or not? segafan55 doesn't seem to think so. Many previews of the game stated that there was a two player mode.

Well...?

BTW: Any kind of online options?

------------------

Old August 23rd, 2001, 05:42 PM   #4
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Arrow

I got the game at lunch.

The back of the jewel case indicates 1 player only and there are no Internet hooks whatsoever.

Impressions soon.

------------------

Old August 24th, 2001, 11:29 AM   #5
OnLyMe

OnLyMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
Does anyone know where you can pick up a cheap rod? *NO SICK JOKES!* Im thinking of getting the game, but don't want to use the controller.

------------------

Boo-Boo Kitty Fuck
OnLyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2001, 11:33 AM   #6
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Arrow

Supposedly - TRU have Sega brand Fishing Rod controllers for $10. I've also seen the Sega Brand Rod at EB for $15.

------------------

Old December 28th, 2001, 11:25 PM   #7
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Kickin up some old dust here, but...

I picked this game up for christmas and have been playing the hell out of it(even setting aside the awesome Golden Sun). Most of the complaints I have read in the reviews is that it is too challenging, but if you know anything about fishing you shouldn't have too many problems finding any fish, or catching them for that matter.

Here's the basics.
If the water is cold the fish are going to be in the shallow sunny parts and will feed of the top, if the water is warm they will stay in the deep shady parts and will feed off of the bottom.

If the sky is clear fish have better vision and you will need to use more lifelike colored lures. If the sky is cloudy you will need too use shiny lures that will attract fish from a distance, a noisy lure helps in this situation as well. If it is raining I try to stick with worms and grubs, they get washed out of the soil when it rains and it is natural for bass to comb the banks looking for them.

Of course this game is so realistic, none of what i just stated is a absolute, I have played 6 tournament days so far, the first four I didn't land a single fish, the fifth I only landed a single 1lb 3 oz fish, but on the sixth day i brought in three 7 pounders and a 10 pounder. It felt much better landing these as to where in the original Sega Bass I would have yawned at such an outing.

If these reviewers wanted an arcade fishing game they should just keep playing the original, a simulation with the same fish fighting engine is what i was looking for anyway....

------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by BigTime:
Tyson beat no one. Saying Tyson is the greatest fighter ever is a ridiculous. Michael Spinks??!?!!! lol.
[This message has been edited by Intruderb (edited December 28, 2001).]
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2001, 11:31 PM   #8
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Arrow

I never got back to doing impressions - though I did play alot of SBF2 when I first got it.

I have all the fishing games on the DC - Sega Marine Fishing being my favorite.

------------------
“Typically low-slung with huge forward air intakes, sleek lines sweeping gracefully up to the rear airfoil and aerodynamic slopes behind both seats, the F50 is part Batmobile, part ballistic missile.”

Source: Fantasy Cars

Old May 21st, 2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
just started to play this great, great game again....

loads of fun
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:48 PM   #10
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Maybe I should give it a try. I have SBF2 and SMF, but I've never really been sure how to play them, so I've only fiddled with them a little. Since setting up the Xbox and PS2, I've really only wanted to play Dreamcast games.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: