ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old December 10th, 2001, 04:28 PM   #1
BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe is on a distinguished roadBillyBobJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to BillyBobJoe
Post Help a bandwagoner out...

So, it was December 8th and I strolled into my local Best Buy. I scope out the PS2 games to add to my collection, NAH.
I walk over to the X-Box section and see two mothers fighting over one console (poor fools =)) and right next to that are sitting two shiny new Dreamcasts. I've been interested in the DC ever since the $100 price drop, however at the price of of some (damned) Halo-something-or-other game (hehe playing, even though I don't enjoy X-Box) I COULD NOT pass it up. Picking up a DC, VMU, JGR, and Virtua Tennis for $83 I thought it was a steal.
However, I sit at home and cry. I cry because I cannot find the only real game I wanted for DC ANYWHERE! Where oh where has Marvel vs. Capcom 2 gone? Sure I can buy it on e-bay, but I just want a nice fresh copy for myself. I curse the day. Any help on whereabouts would be appriecated (ebgames.com amazon.com whatever)

And then there is this infamous ONLINE aspect. I'm REALLY not stupid, but how on earth would I use it with games? Ok, I know DC games are online (they say it on the cover, PSO, BO, AFO, Outrigger, Q3A etc.) but can I just plug the modem cord into a phone jack and not pay any extra for some Seganet service that will go down in 3 months? Also, I have broadband on my computer, how would I go about using that on my DC (yes yes BBA and all that junk) but I'm not a online console eficianto (sp.) how do I dial in to play these famed DC games?
(got the version 2 Web browser isn't there an update?)

FINALLY, when will the supply of DC stop completely, my Walmart is running dangerously low and eb didnt have a single DC game. I'm happy I bought DC at $50 but I've never supported a dying console. How much time is left?!?! and Where have all the games gone!?!

`Beej` a new and somewhat frightened DC owner...

------------------
Work in progress....
Old December 10th, 2001, 04:48 PM   #2
m3k

m3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to m3k
One word... Clue: A'hoy matey!!

Get in on the pirating scene.

'Nuff said.

------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by (???):
I'd call you a jackass, but even that would be an insult to jackasses the world over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christfollower
I like Anal sex!
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2001, 05:15 PM   #3
BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe is on a distinguished roadBillyBobJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to BillyBobJoe
Arghhhh It's a pirate ship. Indeed that would be an answer if i weren't the only one in a 50 mile radius to own a dreamcast. How would I go about burning these beasts? Thanks

`Beej` puts on his eye-patch

------------------
Work in progress....
Old December 10th, 2001, 07:12 PM   #4
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 466
Games Wanted: 4
Lightbulb

...hmmm, better late than never I guess. MvC2 has always been kind of rare, I got my copy as soon as it was released...it's also pretty popular as Capcom doesn't even have it at it's online store. Anyways, try NCS...they may have it for full price though. As for going online, it varies from game to game, there is a list on this forum that states which games require a fee and those that don't. Will SegaNet be gone in three months? Not likely as Sega has plans for it to become the gaming ISP for all consoles, but we'll see how that will turn out later.

...as for finding games, well I have a decent selection of games in my area. I guess it really depends where you live. Here are some games you should grab if you see them (you already got two of them)

Fighters[*]Soul Calibur[*]Street Fighter Alpha 3[*]Street Fighter III 3rd Strike[*]Street Fighter III Double Impact[*]Dead or Alive 2[*]Power Stone[*]Power Stone 2[*]Guilty Gear X[*]Tech Romancer[*]Project Justice[*]Last Blade 2[*]King of Fighters '99[*]King of Fighters Evo[*]Capcom vs SNK[*]Marvel vs Capcom[*]Marvel vs Capcom 2[*]Virtua Fighter 3 TB[*]Virtual On 2[*]JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Racing[*]F355 Challenge[*]Tokyo Extreme Racer 2[*]Hydro Thunder[*]4 Wheel Thunder[*]San Fransico Rush 2049[*]Speed Devils Online[*]Sega Rally 2[*]Looney Toons Space Race[*]Wacky Races[*]Metropolis Street Racer[*]Test Drive: LeMans[*]Sega GT

RPG[*]Shenmue[*]Skies of Arcadia[*]Phantasy Star Online[*]Grandia II[*]Phantasy Star Online v2[*]Evolution (average, not bad but average)[*]Evolution 2 (same as above)[*]Record of Lodoss War[*]Silver[*]Shenmue II

Action[*]Smash Pack (for Phantasy Star II and Shining Force)[*]Gundam Side Story[*]Sonic Adventure[*]Toy Commander[*]Sword of Berserk[*]Resident Evil: Code Veronica[*]Jet Grind Radio[*]Resident Evil 2[*]Resident Evil 3[*]Sword of Berserk[*]Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver[*]Illbleed[*]Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare[*]Shadow Man[*]MDK2[*]Bomberman Online[*]Zombie Revenge[*]Rayman 2[*]Sonic Adventure 2[*]Spiderman[*]Gauntlet Legends[*]Ecco the Dolphin

Shooter[*]Giga Wing[*]Giga Wing 2[*]Bangai-O[*]Gunbird[*]Gunbird 2[*]Mars Matrix[*]Cannon Spike[*]Quake III[*]Unreal[*]Out Trigger[*]House of the Dead 2[*]Confidental Mission[*]Armada

Niche[*]Coaster Works[*]Railroad Tycoon[*]Space Channel 5[*]Samba de Amigo[*]Sega Bass Fishing[*]Sega Marine Fishing[*]Typing of the Dead[*]Virtua Tennis[*]Chu Chu Rocket[*]Sega Swirl[*]Alien Front Online[*]Mr. Driller

------------------
"Truly, there are more active gamers in the world today than at any other time in the history of our beloved pastime. And while many claim to know what gaming is all about, most have just recently jumped on the bandwagon of the world's most dynamic form of entertainment. Thus, in the new realm of online gaming, 128-bit processors, true 3D graphics, and blazing frame rates, we often find ourselves missing something. Strangely, that "something" can be hard to indentify or describe. The games of today are undoubtly brilliant works of art created through a combination of ridiculously long hours, daily dedication, and teams of highly skilled artists, designers, programmers, and producers, but amid all this advancement, things are sometimes forgotten."

~Sega

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited December 10, 2001).]

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2001, 03:54 PM   #5
m3k

m3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to m3k
How to pirate eh?

First off, I hope you have broadband. If you don't, you're screwed.

Second, go to www.neo-modus.com and download their file sharing program. Make sure you share a lot of files (like multiple gigs) in order to get on the biggest and best servers (Movieroom is highly recommended).

Third, go to the message boards on www.cdrom-guide.com (The DC section of course) and they'll teach ya' everything you need to know. It's prolly best to search the past threads first.

------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by (???):
I'd call you a jackass, but even that would be an insult to jackasses the world over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christfollower
I like Anal sex!
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2001, 08:29 AM   #6
Predatorsfan2000

Predatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to beholdPredatorsfan2000 is a splendid one to behold

PSN: ccrowe3

Games Owned: 25
Send a message via AIM to Predatorsfan2000 Send a message via MSN to Predatorsfan2000
Quote:
Originally posted by m3k:
How to pirate eh?

First off, I hope you have broadband. If you don't, you're screwed.

Second, go to www.neo-modus.com and download their file sharing program. Make sure you share a lot of files (like multiple gigs) in order to get on the biggest and best servers (Movieroom is highly recommended).

Third, go to the message boards on www.cdrom-guide.com (The DC section of course) and they'll teach ya' everything you need to know. It's prolly best to search the past threads first.

Thanks.

------------------
Sir, I need your John Hancock on these. Psh, it's Herbie Hancock.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: