ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old September 9th, 2001, 08:08 AM   #1
Apocalypse

Apocalypse can only hope to improveApocalypse can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Post Your favorite game of all time?(Sega games only)

If I had to pick my favorite game on a sega-only platform, I would have to pick Toe Jam&Earl.
Even my dad likes that game, and he doesnt really: "like those kind of games" (Console games)
I grew up playing that game w/ my bro's and sis's lol.

------------------
Don't run your fingers over my car and I won't run my car over your fingers.

Dinner at Hooters.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2001, 09:42 PM   #2
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
PDS... Duh.

------------------
Regards,
Overkill

Editor in Chief www.dricasworld.com Dreamcast tournaments, good site content, and good forums!
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2001, 10:29 PM   #3
Sakura

Sakura is on a distinguished roadSakura is on a distinguished road

Streets of Rage 2 or maybe Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles. Then again, VF is great. Nah, I'd have to go with SoR 2.

------------------
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 02:20 AM   #4
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Yes, Sonic 3 and Knuckles was an amazing game. I spent an hour playing it at work yesterday. It still looks sweet. If I had to pick a 2nd I say Shining Force 1 & 2.

------------------
Regards,
Overkill

Editor in Chief www.dricasworld.com Dreamcast tournaments, good site content, and good forums!
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 06:12 AM   #5
Diamond W

Diamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished road

Easy. And it's not even an old game. Skies Of Arcadia.

------------------
"Tell Aunt Mary that I am sorry she thought I intended to study law, because to my mind, that is proof positive that her excellent judgment has erred this time. I do not love the law. And besides, there are many young lawyers here, and I am too generous to allow the glare from my lamp of genius to dim the feeble lustre of their two-penny dips. In a word, you know—I don't want to be the means of showing them how little the Lord has done for them."
-Mark Twain

"So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: 'Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is.' Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code"
-Mark Twain
Here were produced rubbishy newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means...

- GEORGE ORWELL, Nineteen Eighty-Four, about the Ministry of Truth
Diamond W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 06:59 AM   #6
Acidevil

Acidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura about

Live!: Acidevil
PSN: deadBit

Games Owned: 165
Send a message via AIM to Acidevil Send a message via Yahoo to Acidevil Send a message via Skype™ to Acidevil
Jet Grind Radio

------------------
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Acidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:07 AM   #7
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
Lightbulb

...Sega has provided so much high quality software over the years it's very difficult to provide an absolute favorite, here are some of my favoite Sega games though...
[*]Astal[*]Vectorman[*]Altered Beast[*]Outrun[*]Virtua Fighter 2[*]Fighters Megamix[*]Streets of Rage 2[*]Phantasy Star 2[*]Sonic CD[*]Sonic 3 w/Sonic & Knuckles[*]Panzer Dragoon[*]Panzer Dragoon Zwei[*]Zillion[*]Panzer Dragoon Saga[*]Burning Rangers[*]Sonic R[*]Columns[*]Golden Axe[*]Moonwalker (Arcade)[*]F355 Challenge[*]Phantasy Star Online[*]Brave Fire Fighters[*]Top Skater[*]Sonic Adventure[*]NiGHTS[*]Jet Grind Radio[*]Penguin Land[*]Wonderboy in Monsterland[*]Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master[*]Fantasy Zone[*]Dragon Force[*]Shining Force III[*]Ranger-X[*]Mystic Defender[*]Alien Front Online[*]Alien Syndrome[*]Hang On[*]Shenmue[*]Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion[*]Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in World of Illusion[*]Quackshot[*]Sega Strike Fighter[*]Zombie Revenge (Arcade)[*]Air Trix[*]Sega Rally 2[*]Chu Chu Rocket[*]Sega Touring Car (Arcade)[*]Super GT

------------------
"The technique, depends mainly on arm and finger strength
Once you've mastered that, then the next step is to learn how to pierce stone
Well you might as well start practicing now
Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you know, the mantis legends?
How it was it all started?
It was fighting off this blackbird
Although it was only a tenth of the bird's size it was a very valiant insect
And that's why the technique, needs a brave man...
Mantis style isn't easy to learn
A mantis is small, but powerful
With it's arms, it can lift up many times it's own weight"

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited September 10, 2001).]

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:23 AM   #8
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Phantasy Star 1 (Sega Master System)

------------------
"The coffee, it stinks. It tastes like arsenic. These lights give me a headache. If they don't give you a headache, you must be dead, so let's arrange a funeral."

-Joe Banks

"I have a poor friend who had a cute butterfly just below her stomach. 10 years later, and 30 pounds heavier and the butterfly has turned into a moth."

-Meursault's Head

"I haven't heard anything like that since the orphanage burned down."

Mark Twain (aka Samuel Clemens) , when asked what he thought of an opera he'd just attended.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:26 AM   #9
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
When I was a kid I didn't have "both systems" and most of my friends had NES/SNES as well. Consequently, I never really enjoyed Sega console games. However, of the games I've played, my favorite Sega game is undoubtedly, "Samba de Amigo"

------------------
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 12:50 PM   #10
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
I was addicted to the arcade Shinobi when I was in college.

------------------
Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 01:20 PM   #11
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2031
Games Wanted: 8
Smile

I loved to play

Sub Roc 3D, Tac-Scan and Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom in th arcades durning the very early `80's

------------------
Baby d'you want to drive my car,
Cos' I have a beautiful car,
If you want a chocolate bar,
Then you will have to drive my car.

4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
It can go faster than light
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
So fast it can travel in time
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
To drive it you need a special suit
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
I'll see you yesterday dude!

I met her one night in a bar,
She told me her name was Oscar,
She was roaring like a guitar,
Oscar was a beautiful car.

4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
It can go faster than light
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
So fast it can travel in time
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
To drive it you need a special suit
4 Wheel Thundeeeeer
I'll see you yesterday dude!

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 01:29 PM   #12
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Sub Roc 3D...

Man, that brings back memories. I was baffled by the full-color 3D image, (no red / blue glasses stuff).

Later I built a full-color 3D imager for my Atari 800 based on what I guessed Sub Roc was doing. It worked for brief intervals then got out of sync.

The game itself wasn't that much fun to me, but the technology was great.

------------------
"The coffee, it stinks. It tastes like arsenic. These lights give me a headache. If they don't give you a headache, you must be dead, so let's arrange a funeral."

-Joe Banks

"I have a poor friend who had a cute butterfly just below her stomach. 10 years later, and 30 pounds heavier and the butterfly has turned into a moth."

-Meursault's Head

"I haven't heard anything like that since the orphanage burned down."

Mark Twain (aka Samuel Clemens) , when asked what he thought of an opera he'd just attended.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 04:36 PM   #13
RZA

RZA has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Live!: Codename Wind

Games Owned: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to RZA
Arcade: Afterburner
Sega console: Sonic the Hedgehog

I really badly wanted to say Strider. But, it was Capcom's game, but Sega made a version of it for the Genesis like Sega did with Resident Evil: Code Veronica for the Dreamcast. CV is a Capcom properity, but it was Sega programmers whom coded the game.

------------------
"Excuse me! I have come to ask for a code-name. If I may suggest, I like the name 'Wind'. Approiate for one who puts out fires." - Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz
Next Purchase: Prince of Persia and LoK: Defiant
RZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2001, 05:12 PM   #14
OnLyMe

OnLyMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would have to say Shenmue. No game has ever immersed me like this one.

------------------

Boo-Boo Kitty Fuck

Boo-Boo Kitty Fuck
OnLyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2001, 06:56 AM   #15
packrat68

packrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 139
Send a message via ICQ to packrat68
Red face

So hard to pick only one.

I guess if I must I will go with PDS.

But I must protest, this topic is evil, how can anyone (especially here) pick one favorite SEGA game? I contend that its almost immpossable.

------------------
Rule #1

The Computer ALWAYS Cheats
Rule #1

The Computer ALWAYS Cheats
packrat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2001, 09:39 AM   #16
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
NiGHTS....or maybe PDS.....or how about Virtua Fighter 2......or Sonic the Hedgehog (the whole damn series....except 3d blast).....nevermind. Just forget it.

------------------
Quote:
hey, nick. fuck off, eh? oh, too busy rimming Megatron's loose ass? i see.

--Acidevil
Quote:
I'd rather not get into intellectual combat with someone that gets run from a message board by an animated gif of himself and a pile of dog feces... Okay?

--Sage
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2001, 01:38 AM   #17
ratpack24

ratpack24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 46
Send a message via Yahoo to ratpack24
Cyborg Justice. Greatest Heavyweights. (Packrat knows what I'm talkin' about) or maybe PSO. Crazy Taxi. Dragon Force. Too tough of a choice........

------------------
...And as we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our soul, there walks a lady we all know, who shines white light and wants to show, how everything still turns to gold, and if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.
Old September 15th, 2001, 10:50 PM   #18
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
It would have to be a tie between Toejam & Earl and Shenmue.

------------------
This is my signature.
Old September 17th, 2001, 11:02 AM   #19
hermes

hermes will become famous soon enoughhermes will become famous soon enoughhermes will become famous soon enoughhermes will become famous soon enoughhermes will become famous soon enoughhermes will become famous soon enough

Live!: GUMABON

Games Owned: 9
Thumbs up

hmmm...

well for Sega driving: DAYTONA USA

1st runner up:F355 challenge

2nd runner up: Crazy Taxi

Honorable mention: Virtua Racing

Segasports: World Series Baseball II

1st runner up: NFL2k1

2nd runner up: Virtua Tennis