ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old April 5th, 2001, 11:00 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2028
Games Wanted: 8
Angry Sega has their head stuck up their ass again

From igndc

We had our suspicions about this when we first saw the 18-Wheeler American Pro Trucker advertisement on the back of the Metropolis Street Racer manual, where it was missing the "online play" icon. But now it's official - 18-Wheeler American Pro Trucker will roll out to stores without online play. When we contacted SEGA of America, they released this statement:

"Sega of America announced today that 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker" will ship without an online multiplayer mode in order to meet the launch date of late May 2001. Sega believes this is a good decision based on the success of the arcade version, as well as the anticipation from gamers to play the game on their Dreamcast console."

18-Wheeler American Pro Trucker, developed by SEGA's AM2 division, allowed players to race across the highways of America in huge trucks, with as much regard to the road rules as Crazy Taxi. So while 18-Wheeler American Pro Trucker will lack the online play, at least we'll be truckin' when the game releases in May. We'll have our full preview of this game next week.

Quote:
Sega believes this is a good decision based on the success of the arcade version, as well as the anticipation from gamers to play the game on their Dreamcast console
How in the hell can Sega think this is a good decision? I've played 18 Wheeler at the arcade. This game is about as shallow as a racer can be. On-line play would have increased game play 100 fold.

Everything I've read about player anticipation on the net for 18 Wheeler was online related - and if Sega was not to include this all important aspect meant they would pass on the game.

For Sega imply anything else is ridiculous and show no reseach went into what gamers wanted in 18 Wheeler.

This game just got axed off my must buy list.

------------------
Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2001, 11:24 PM   #2
Raist

Raist has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Raist
Well, I'll probably still get it, but I won't pay full price for it.

------------------
Let us hope that the death of the DC doesn't bring about the end of 2D.
Old April 6th, 2001, 07:33 AM   #3
magius

magius is an unknown quantity at this point

Live!: magius

Games Owned: 201
Yep, I'll get it from the "got to get rid of them" store bin. Given the situation you would think they would take the time to release the last games as complete as they could.

Maybe they will sell it for $30 or less...

------------------
"WE are Square, you will buy our games, resistance is futile."
Old April 6th, 2001, 07:37 AM   #4
Big_Bag_Man
Registered

Big_Bag_Man has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If it's not at most $30, I ain't buying. I already had to pay full price for CT and JGR, I'm not getting burned a third time.

------------------
BigBagMan
Giving his thoughts, two cents at a time

Quote:
" I think Nintendo is the only company that lays weight on improving games' essential amusement value. Because I also personally believe that 'enjoyable games are good games,' I hope Nintendo will achieve something great," Miyaji said. He later stated that "we've already started developing some new games based on this policy, which, hopefully, might turn out to be something that takes even Game Arts fans' breath away."

~ Miyaji, president of Game Arts
Old April 6th, 2001, 08:30 AM   #5
Nightwarrior

Nightwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Without online play , 18-wheeler is now more shallow than ever!

Sorry, but Sega won't put online play all of their games until Sony or XBOX get their online plans together.

That is BS, but then again I don't care much for 18-wheeler . Sega is not putting 100% in their online abilities anymore.

------------------
"Want a taste of Hellfire?"
"Put some Christians, Atheists with their religion of Evolution, and Muslims together in a room together to argue about the Bible. Hell, throw in some Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, and a few other religions for good measure. What do you get? Other than potential for a few homicides, not a whole lot. Nothing will ever get any resolution. "[/b]

Posted by OrinocoFlow...
Nightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2001, 10:19 AM   #6
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
Question

...BBM how were you burned w/CT and JGR?

------------------
"The technique, depends mainly on arm and finger strength
Once you've mastered that, then the next step is to learn how to pierce stone
Well you might as well start practicing now
Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you know, the mantis legends?
How it was it all started?
It was fighting off this blackbird
Although it was only a tenth of the bird's size it was a very valiant insect
And that's why the technique, needs a brave man...
Mantis style isn't easy to learn
A mantis is small, but powerful
With it's arms, it can lift up many times it's own weight"

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited April 06, 2001).]

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2001, 10:27 AM   #7
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
boo! oh well i wasnt gonna buy this anyway

------------------
Im a Donkey
Makin' Moves
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2001, 01:00 PM   #8
Big_Bag_Man
Registered

Big_Bag_Man has a little shameless behaviour in the past

CT wasn't worth $50 by a long shot. It was good, but I'm not one for arcade games to "get the highest score". To me, games like that should be max $30. But I'd heard such great things I bought it.

Basically same with JGR, although that game had some more depth to it. Unfortunately it wasn't as much "pure fun" at CT was

------------------
BigBagMan
Giving his thoughts, two cents at a time

Quote:
" I think Nintendo is the only company that lays weight on improving games' essential amusement value. Because I also personally believe that 'enjoyable games are good games,' I hope Nintendo will achieve something great," Miyaji said. He later stated that "we've already started developing some new games based on this policy, which, hopefully, might turn out to be something that takes even Game Arts fans' breath away."

~ Miyaji, president of Game Arts
Old April 6th, 2001, 07:47 PM   #9
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Seems Sega is just rushing their final DC games out the door as they prepare for their multi-platform-exclusives Yea, that'll sell software.

------------------
PSO
--------------------------
Exodus - Titania > Block 4
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2001, 01:57 AM   #10
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

I got someting to add, but I won't say it out of fear of being flamed....

So I'll just wait untill Shin comes and says it, and back him up quietly

------------------

Sega hates me.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2001, 08:56 AM   #11
The PS2 Man

The PS2 Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking

Hahaha SEGA knows where the MoNey is, and its with PS2! so they are just gonna rush the rest of the crap they have for dc out to actually get to the good systems and the good software.

i'm glad i sold my dc when i did.

------------------
Sony forever!
Old April 7th, 2001, 09:16 AM   #12
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
Quote:
i'm glad i sold my dc when i did.
GAsp!!! no way you owned a DC!?!?

------------------
"Get your b**** ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie."

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2001, 11:35 AM   #13
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Quote:
Hahaha SEGA knows where the MoNey is, and its with PS2! so they are just gonna rush the rest of the crap they have for dc out to actually get to the good systems and the good software.
then you must've not seen the new "high res" pics of crazy taxi on the ps2....

------------------
Im a Donkey
Makin' Moves
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2001, 06:53 PM   #14
Voodooman

Voodooman is on a distinguished roadVoodooman is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Voodooman
18-wheeler is a pretty boring game anyway, Maybe it was because I was expecting crazy taxi but it's nothing like it its just repetitive and boring... well at least the import.

------------------
Z.O.E. - The PS2's saviour?
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: