ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old April 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #1
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Games Wanted: 0
I have to buy a Game Cube now...

...because I just ordered Metroid Prime for it. Metroid Prime is the game I wanted most on the Cube and new sources are drying up so I snagged a new copy from Amazon.

I'm also getting Animal Crossing and whatever game my son wants with it, (he seems most interested in Chibi-Robo).

Question: Can I use the card that comes with Animal Crossing to save games from Metroid Prime and other games or is it strictly for use with Animal Crossing?
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
...and I just beat Metroid Prime 3 years ago.

Get Metroid Prime 2, as well.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #3
Acidevil

Acidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura about

Live!: Acidevil
PSN: deadBit

Games Owned: 165
Send a message via AIM to Acidevil Send a message via Yahoo to Acidevil Send a message via Skype™ to Acidevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
Question: Can I use the card that comes with Animal Crossing to save games from Metroid Prime and other games or is it strictly for use with Animal Crossing?
I believe its just for Animal Crossing, hence why its included with the game (new). I'm pretty sure AC takes up an entire card.
Acidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #4
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidevil
AC takes up an entire card.
True, but if you were willing to dump your AC game save, the card could be used for other games.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #5
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Make sure you buy Pikmin.

Some other must buys are F-Zero, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness, and Paper Mario.
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #6
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
WTF do you need a new copy for? A used copy is the same game.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #7
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
WTF do you need a new copy for? A used copy is the same game.
Because I'm a picky bastard, and a collector so I like my games mint. But I will get used games if all sources of new games are dried up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser
Make sure you buy Pikmin.

Some other must buys are F-Zero, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness, and Paper Mario.
I had RE4 and Paper Mario on the list. I'd forgotten about Pikmin and F-Zero! Thanks! I'm not totally sure about Eternal Darkness yet, but I'll go read up on it.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #8
pistolguy

pistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 32
Send a message via AIM to pistolguy
just wait for the wii, then you will have the next gen and can play these.

pistolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #9
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolguy
What he said.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #10
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
. Metroid Prime is the game I wanted most on the Cube and new sources are drying up so I snagged a new copy from Amazon.
I didn't think Metroid Prime was becoming scarce. At any rate, I recall you enjoying the original "Metal Gear Solid" (up the point of "Ninja" anyway). If so, you might want to try the remake "Twin Snakes".
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #11
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolguy
Gamecube's brand new are $100 or less. Hell, I got the Mario Party "whatever number it was" (maybe number 7?) bundle for $99 then sold the game brand new on ebay for $45 so it was like getting the system brand new for $60. That's the cost of ONE 360 game. Worth it IMO for a handful of games including some mentioned already.
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #12
DG

I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a ton of games for this and have an instant backlog so I just ordered Extreme G3.

I took a look at F-Zero and remembered that I really didn't like it anymore than I liked the N64 F-Zero. I loved the original SNES game, but the sequels just didn't cut it for me.

The Extreme G series is rough. The first had great potential but was crippled by being overly ambitious on the N64 hardware. It really bogged down at times and even when it was running fast, it could get totally chaotic to the point where you couldn't see what was going on. But the environments and the rush of breaking the sound barrier kept me playing.

XGRA on the Xbox is a very good game that could have been great had they worked on it just a bit longer. It's the only Xbox game I've played that crashes on me. It's happened five or six times so far. Always the same, first the sounds glitch out, then a few minutes later it locks. Also the frame rate occasionally takes a hit, and the tracks can be too damn wild to navigate at speed. Finally, the replays, which are fun to watch, can get out of sync. Half-baked, but fun.

I've read that Extreme G 3 on the Cube is the best of the series. It came out on the cube after the PS2 version and is more polished as a result. (That's what the reviews say anyway.)

It's really, really difficult not to just load up the Amazon cart with a dozen Cube titles, but I don't want to break the bank just yet.
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #13
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod1983
Worth it IMO for a handful of games including some mentioned already.
Yep, I think so. Besides, the Revolution's not out and there's no set date yet. Software's the expensive part anyway, and if the Revolution is REALLY backwards compatible I can put the Cube away and keep playing the games...
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #14
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself a favor and try to keep an open mind about "Resident Evil 4". If you get it, try to forget what you already think of the franchise (I know you're not a fan). It's honestly one of the best games this generation, IMO.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #15
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
Do yourself a favor and try to keep an open mind about "Resident Evil 4". If you get it, try to forget what you already think of the franchise (I know you're not a fan). It's honestly one of the best games this generation, IMO.
RE4's on the list for sure!

I actually liked RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast but never got around to getting the full version for some reason.

Most rank RE4 as the 'Cube's best game. I've watched a bunch of videos of it, (including a full-length video review) and it looks fantastic.
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #16
Aeon Storm

It plays even better than it looks, IMO. There's some seriously fucked up shit that game.

Quote:
I actually liked RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast but never got around to getting the full version for some reason.
Frate issues perhaps?

But seriously, "Code Veronica" was/is a really good, albeit traditional, RE title. I say pick it up as well (It's available for every current console but the XBOX).
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #17
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
...congrats DG, the Cube has plenty of good games to keep you busy or rather add to your backlog of games.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #18
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
Frate issues perhaps?

I don't remember any issues at all with the game. Just "Game Overload" probably, the same thing I'm suffering right now. Too many good games, too little time. For a console with a short production run, the Dreamcast had a fantastic library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate
...congrats DG, the Cube has plenty of good games to keep you busy or rather add to your backlog of games.
Yep. More backlog.

I'm getting the Cube mostly for my son. The Xbox library doesn't have a lot for kids. Myself I'm looking forward to playing something OTHER than grim "mature" games designed for 20-somethings exclusively.

I almost got the PS2, but the Cube seems to have more variety in the line up, and a lot more titles for kids.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #19
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG

I don't remember any issues at all with the game. Just "Game Overload" probably, the same thing I'm suffering right now. Too many good games, too little time. For a console with a short production run, the Dreamcast had a fantastic library.

Yep. More backlog.

I'm getting the Cube mostly for my son. The Xbox library doesn't have a lot for kids. Myself I'm looking forward to playing something OTHER than grim "mature" games designed for 20-somethings exclusively.

I almost got the PS2, but the Cube seems to have more variety in the line up, and a lot more titles for kids.
Wait a tic...did you just say that the GC has more variety...than the PS2????

I mean, it's a fine system in its own little way...but damn. I gotta disagree with your assessment.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM   #20
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
I gotta agree with Pahn's disagreement.

More kid-friendly titles? Well, I'd almost buy that. By percentage, yeah, though I'd tend to doubt it in raw numbers. Not that I'm pushing a PS2 agenda, since I know you're going to get a PS3 and can do some much needed catching up then. I can see your point if you're getting it for the sprout.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #21
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
The PS2 definitely has more kid friendly games than the Cube.
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #22
pistolguy

pistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 32
Send a message via AIM to pistolguy
xgIII racing is a great purchase dg. By far my favorite futuristic racer on any console. Even in four player split the framerate never dropped, far better than xgra, maps are amazing on 3.

I also loved the game NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona that was on the cube. Far superior to the crap EA puts out.

pistolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:21 AM   #23
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
...because I just ordered Metroid Prime for it. Metroid Prime is the game I wanted most on the Cube and new sources are drying up so I snagged a new copy from Amazon.

I'm also getting Animal Crossing and whatever game my son wants with it, (he seems most interested in Chibi-Robo).

Sir, a gamer of your tastes will LOVE Pikmin.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #24
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser
The PS2 definitely has more kid friendly games than the Cube.
more in quantity, yes, not more in a "% of total games" way. Plus, The Cube's kids game are, on the whole, good quality and easy to pick up and play
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #25
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill
Sir, a gamer of your tastes will LOVE Pikmin.
Should I skip the first and just get Pikmin 2?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: