ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old March 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2041
Games Wanted: 8
Super Princess Peach - quickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
So how is it?!?!

You know, Princess Peach, not that I'd buy it myself! Nooo sir! But if I ever did(yea right), a heads up would be nice.
SSP is Super Fun! There are 48 stages strewn across 8 worlds (Ice, Air, Lava etc.). Peach has 4 special ability hearts (Fly, Cry, Angry, Heal) that can be use to get past specific type of obstacles within the stages. The coins you collect are used in a store to buy upgrades to Peach’s umbrella as well as increasing her life hearts and heart ability meter. There are many other item (mini games, music, etc) to purchase as well. For some reason the games graphic style kind of reminded me of Yoshi Island; which is a good thing in my mind.

Though not overly difficult (about 10 hours in length), the classic Mario 2D gameplay hooked me, as I’m actually on 8-6 Bowser Boss stage with all Toads (3 per stage) and Puzzle pieces collected.

Sure its Princess Peach and not macho Mario you are in control of. That said; don’t let the girly themed character stop you from trying the game out! It would be a gaming embarrassment to miss out on this SSP because of that type of shallowness!

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #2
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
The title of this thread is misleading—I was expecting at least some nasty pics.
Old March 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #3
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
...the game really looks like fun, I plan on picking it up later.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #4
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Is there any replay value to it? Example... Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World 2) was a reasonably long game, but what really gave it life was the challenge of collecting all the coins, flowers and stars.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

I just beat the game during lunch – doing so opened additional “new” stages throughout the worlds to complete. Cool! More SSP fun to be had!

This little extra probably just added another 3 to 5 hours of gameplay to an already excellent game! Plus there are quite a few mini games I still need to open (buy) and or find.

Old March 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #6
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgarriel
Is there any replay value to it? Example... Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World 2) was a reasonably long game, but what really gave it life was the challenge of collecting all the coins, flowers and stars.
Whelp, you can miss Toads, Puzzle Pieces, and Mini Games if you do not explore thoroughly! Matter of fact, you need to find all the Toads in all the stages to even play the last level. So if you miss some – then there might be significant replay involved

Furthermore, you can blow through the stages (start to end pipe) without seeing everything the stage has to offer. This is because some of the areas within the stages are not mandatory to visit to get to the end pipe. However, if you want to sightsee they require specific pipe entries or searching vertically (up & down) to get to.

Last edited by Game Rogue : March 15th, 2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #7
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgarriel
I just picked up Yoshi's Island for GBA(I still love the art style in this game) and Sonic Rush for DS(Best Sonic game yet). I got SMB2 for GBA last week, now all I need is Super Mario World for GBA. 2d platformers are my crack, but add in Mario Kart: DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters and I'm gonna get soo fired for playing games at work. Ugh!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM   #8
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I really want this game for some reason. But none of the local stores I've been to have it in stock. Guess i'm going to have to nab it online somewhere.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM   #9
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
I really want this game for some reason. But none of the local stores I've been to have it in stock. Guess i'm going to have to nab it online somewhere.
Get it, I paid 25 used at some used game store I cant remember the name of. It's surprisingly fantasic

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: