ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old October 9th, 2005, 03:04 AM   #1
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 195
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Nintendo acknowledges the GameCube is nearly dead

Quote:
The big drop for GameCube games was in North America," Yoshihiro Mori, Nintendo's senior managing director, told Reuters.

"It looks like the product's life is nearing its end."

BBC News
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:46 AM   #2
Aarvark

Aarvark will become famous soon enoughAarvark will become famous soon enoughAarvark will become famous soon enoughAarvark will become famous soon enoughAarvark will become famous soon enoughAarvark will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 0
Did its "Life" ever start?
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:05 AM   #3
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Is anyone surprised? When the SNES came out, first party support of the NES died. When the N64 came out, first party support for the SNES died. When the GameCube came out, first party support for the N64 died.

Nintendo does not support more than one console and 1 handheld at a time. They consider the DS to be in a different market than the GBA, hence the support of a 3rd platform.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #4
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

My GC is going to my nephews at Christmas.
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #5
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
The lip service is usually that a console is fully supported up until the day the sequel drops, so this is a little earlier than expected.

Good to know their thinking though, since I'm waiting until the last minute to scoop one.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #6
SPIDERone

SPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 63
The Gamecube's been gone for a while now. I can't remember the last good game (or the last game, period) that Nintendo had released on it. It's been living off random 3rd party titles (such as Resident Evil) for what seems like years now. Nintendo's either pushed back their most awaited titles (Zelda), released them in a poor state (Geist), or pushed them onto the next system (Mario 128).
SPIDERone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #7
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 346
Games Wanted: 4
...perhaps it's just me, but I've enjoyed my NGC from start to finish and still don't have all the games I want. As a matter of fact my X-Box collection just caught up to thea mount of NGC games I have and my PS2 library has no hopes of catching either anytime soon.

Bake|Game|Drive

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Mass Effect, USFIV, MvC Origins 360 | Catherine PS3 | Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros U Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 09:53 PM   #8
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus
Is anyone surprised? When the SNES came out, first party support of the NES died. When the N64 came out, first party support for the SNES died. When the GameCube came out, first party support for the N64 died.

Nintendo does not support more than one console and 1 handheld at a time. They consider the DS to be in a different market than the GBA, hence the support of a 3rd platform.
Hmmm...I never thought of that.

quite interesting.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #9
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
I think that's all that left.

Quote:
10/04 FIFA 06
10/05 Bratz: Rock Angelz
10/10 Codename: Kids Next Door: Operation V.I.D.E.O.G.A.M.E.
10/11 SSX On Tour, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan, Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles
10/17 Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
10/18 Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
10/19 SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!
10/20 Chicken Little
10/24 Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, The Sims 2
10/25 Spartan: Total Warrior
10/26 Nicktoons Unite!
10/31 Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures
11/01 Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, From Russia With Love, Sea World: Shamu's Big Adventure, Shrek SuperSlam, The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
11/07 Lego Star Wars, Mario Party 7
11/08 American Chopper Full Throttle, Gun, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
11/14 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
11/15 Cabela's Dangerous Hunts, Chibi-Robo, Karaoke Revolution Party, Kirby, Mega Man X Collection, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Pac-Man World 3, Shadow the Hedgehog, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, True Crime: New York City, Yoot Saito's Odama
11/22 Peter Jackson's King Kong
12/01 Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
12/05 Super Mario Strikers
2/01 Starcraft: Ghost
2/04 Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball Max'd
Beside Fire Emblem, I don't see much.
Old October 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #10
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottt
I think that's all that left.
Beside Fire Emblem, I don't see much.
Chibi Robo, Kirby and MMX Collection are eventual purchases for me, but not for $50
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #11
crow22

crow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: crow22

Games Owned: 3
I still play the hell out of RE:4. Best game to come out in a long time. I just wish Nintendo would sell the rights to Zelda to Microsoft, and put it to use on a greater system.

They need to just conceed like Sega did, and create for other platforms.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #12
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow22
I still play the hell out of RE:4. Best game to come out in a long time. I just wish Nintendo would sell the rights to Zelda to Microsoft, and put it to use on a greater system.

They need to just conceed like Sega did, and create for other platforms.
Haven't we beat that one to death yet? Maybe it should be sticky.

Let's just say that Nintendo would suck as a third party even more than Sega.
Old October 10th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #13
crow22

crow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond reputecrow22 has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: crow22

Games Owned: 3
Quote:
Haven't we beat that one to death yet? Maybe it should be sticky.

Let's just say that Nintendo would suck as a third party even more than Sega.

I don't know, I rarely venture into the Nintendo forums.
Old October 11th, 2005, 05:35 AM   #14
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Exclamation

*shrug* mine still works.
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #15
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
They had a real chance to compete in 2002 and 2003. In fall of 2002 Xbox's biggest game was splinter cell and it wasn't really an exclusive. Despite having the first Mario game in six years out (albeit a very dissapointing game), Resident Evil 0, Metroid Prime, and Winder Waker on the way, they got wrecked for sales that year. They actually did better in 2003 because of the Mario Kart bundle and because all the big Xbox games (Ninja Gaiden, Halo 2, Doom 3 port, etc) had been delayed. Then 2004 started and they were devoid of a big game all year. Xbox was getting Halo 2, PS2 was getting new installments of GTA, MGS, Gran Tursimo (delayed in to Feb. '05) etc. and they had a dissapointing sequel to Metroid Prime that didn't do half as well. RE4 got delayed into January, came out to hyped up reviews but has only sold about 500,000 copies in the ten months or so it has been out. It's like they placed all they're chips on a bunch of franchises that aren't nearly as popular now as they were around 1998 or so.

I don't know if they spent too much time coming up with gimmicky, technologically dated handhelds or what but the opportunity was there with a better storage medium (still undersized, but at least optical and less costly than carts) and much better third party support. They could have been a strong #2 this gen but it's like they can't be bothered to spend any money or keep up with technology (nice to see they're announcing online support three years after everyone else). They do very little attract new customers, so maybe it's no surprised that each subsequent home console has sold less and less.
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #16
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

fire emblem and zelda are all thats left fo this system for me. shame
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #17
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate
...perhaps it's just me, but I've enjoyed my NGC from start to finish and still don't have all the games I want. As a matter of fact my X-Box collection just caught up to thea mount of NGC games I have and my PS2 library has no hopes of catching either anytime soon.
are u serious?
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #18
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo-
fire emblem and zelda are all thats left fo this system for me. shame

me too, but fortunately, they are th only two reasons I bought the console in the first place (I waited until about 2 months ago when it was SUPER cheap).

The enjoyment i got out of titles like SSBM, Metroid and Paper Mario are just added bonuses.

If it turns out I only play those 5 titles for the system before packing it away and never touching it again, I'd say I got my money's worth.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #19
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
looks like i may have to get one....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #20
scottt

Nintendo's strategy now is just cheap bundles.

A cube + 1 extra controller + mario party 7 = $99

There's also a new DS bundle, but I don't like this red DS.

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #21
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Send a message via AIM to fgarriel
Quote:
There's also a new DS bundle, but I don't like this red DS.

For $100, I just might get that instead of just the game. I'm sure I could convince the wife to play Mario Kart.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #22
ceril

ceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud ofceril has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 378
i wonder w/ the delays if they would put the new zelda on the revolution? im already upset its not coming out during the holiday season so it really doesnt matter now it if comes out for the GC or revolution IMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: