ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old July 6th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 77
Games Wanted: 61
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Psp Release List

I found a PSP release list... here it is if anyone is curious or doesnt already know..

http://www.tothegame.com/psp.asp?sort=title&filter=all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a ton of games im looking foward to ie X-Men legends 2, Socom and sevral diffrant racing games... I would really like to see more rpg's (rpg+handheld=nirvana)

my curious about what games everyone is waiting to play..

Last edited by krazy : July 6th, 2005 at 02:02 PM.
krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #2
SPIDERone

SPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 63
Games Wanted: 0
Bloodrayne
Death Jr
Ghost in the Shell
Grand theft Auto
Guilty Gear
Infected
Metal gear Acid 2
Need for speed: most wanted
Viewtiful Joe
Virtua Tennis

Aside from those on the list though:

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Star Soldier
Tenchi No Mon
Sengoku Cannon
Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen
Rockman Dash: Hagane no Boukenshin
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
Breath of Fire III
Bleach: Heat the Soul 2
RockMan Dash 2
Densha de Go! Pocket: Yamate-Sen-Hen
Devil May Cry
Medievil
SPIDERone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #3
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
WOW.

There's absolutely nothing on that list worth buying the system for
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #4
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERone

Aside from those on the list though:

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Star Soldier
Tenchi No Mon
Sengoku Cannon
Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen
Rockman Dash: Hagane no Boukenshin
Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
Breath of Fire III
Bleach: Heat the Soul 2
RockMan Dash 2
Densha de Go! Pocket: Yamate-Sen-Hen
Devil May Cry
Medievil
what's the final finatisy 7 game going to about....
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #5
krazy

THIS ONE BETTER IT INCLUDES MOVIE'S

http://gr.bolt.com/previews/release/psp-release.htm

i cant believe how many movie are being release on umd.. i personally wont buy a umd movie... Untill they allow you to plug the psp into a tv i dont see the point in buying a movie I want or already have on dvd
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #6
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy
i cant believe how many movie are being release on umd.. i personally wont buy a umd movie... Untill they allow you to plug the psp into a tv i dont see the point in buying a movie I want or already have on dvd
It's a really easy to way to watch movies in class, or on a plane. You don't have to lug around a heavy laptop or portable DVD player.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Damn, I think the only thing I'd even want to check out would be Viewtiful Joe, which I've never played on the Game Cube. With that being said though it's still not enough to make me want to go out and buy a PSP.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #8
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
What they SHOULD do is start offering DVDs with an included UMD version of the movie for like $5 extra.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #9
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Exclamation

They actually plan on releasing PSP based titles?!
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #10
krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn
What they SHOULD do is start offering DVDs with an included UMD version of the movie for like $5 extra.

That would never happen but I would pay the extra 5 dollars

Yeah big russ it's amazing huh
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #11
SPIDERone

SPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura about

^ Theyre doing it in Japan with a few of the Anime DVDs. Typically a DVD there is $40, but theyre doing DVD+UMD versions for about $45.
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #12
krazy

Quote:
^ Theyre doing it in Japan with a few of the Anime DVDs. Typically a DVD there is $40, but theyre doing DVD+UMD versions for about $45.
well you put me in my place...
Old July 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #13
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn
Yeah....why in the hell would you buy UMD movies? The only reason I could see is if it is exclusively released on the UMD format. Just rip your dvds and put them on a memory card - problem solved. No need to buy the same shit twice.
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #14
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ
They actually plan on releasing PSP based titles?!
LOL. Hey, where's that freakin cover letter buddy!!!
Old July 7th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #15
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Quote:
what's the final finatisy 7 game going to about....

It's part of the FF7 series they're working on. So, as of now, the timeline of the series is:

Crisis Core (PSP, prequel)
FF7 (PS1, PC)
Advent Children (DVd/UMD, movie only)
Dirge of Cerberus (PS2, still in developement)
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:33 PM   #16
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Is Crisis Core the cell phone game?

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #17
SPIDERone

Crisis Core is the PSP game, I believe the cell phone one is Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis
Old July 9th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #18
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Quote:
Crisis Core is the PSP game, I believe the cell phone one is Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis
You can see my confusion, what with only marginally being interested, outside of Advent Children and possibly the Vincent Valentine game.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 01:57 AM   #19
SPIDERone

Yeah, they're really milking the franchise now (Movie, PSP Game, Cell phone game, PS2 Game), I'm wondering how many actually turn out good.

And I'm still waiting for that Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #20
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow And I'm still waiting for that Final Fantasy 7 Remake

"Final Fantasy VII" was always too ugly for me to complete, so I never bothered. An updated one would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #21
Symytry

Quote:
Yeah, they're really milking the franchise now (Movie, PSP Game, Cell phone game, PS2 Game), I'm wondering how many actually turn out good.

And I'm still waiting for that Final Fantasy 7 Remake
XXI and DoC should be good considering the teams making those two games. I've no interest in Before Crisis or any other cell phone abomination.

I'm hoping Advent Children will be good...but not expecting it to be.
Old July 9th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #22
krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
XXI and DoC should be good considering the teams making those two games. I've no interest in Before Crisis or any other cell phone abomination.

I'm hoping Advent Children will be good...but not expecting it to be.

Im not really expecting a great story, I'm more into it for the eye candy..
that and the fact that ff3 and ff7 are my favorite games of the series
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #23
Symytry

Quote:
Im not really expecting a great story, I'm more into it for the eye candy..
that and the fact that ff3 and ff7 are my favorite games of the series
You should get a DS then... Square is doing a FF3 remake for it. From the sounds of it, you're heavily into portale RPGs, it might strike your fancy that a new Lunar game is coming out for DS in September as well...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: