ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old May 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #1
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Games Wanted: 0
GBA software drought is ending...starting now :)

The drought is finally ending, we've got 4 games on the way:

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones Review

Scourge: Hive first look

Sigma Star Saga Impressions

Juka And The Monophonic Menace
Scurge: Hive First look

Gunstar Super Heroes: Impressions

Later on in the year we've got:
Riviera: The Promised Land
Rebelstar Tactical Command
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
Gunstar Heroes is the only one that I find remotely interesting. And even that may not be too interesting, because they completely removed the best part of the Genesis original (fusing two different types of weapon).
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
The drought has only just begun.
Old May 26th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #4
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn
The drought has only just begun.
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Russ, do you even HAVE a GBA?
Old May 26th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #6
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
Maybe he doesn't,

but I'm pretty sure he has one of these:

Old May 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #7
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave
Maybe he doesn't,

but I'm pretty sure he has one of these:

squawk!

PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
ATM, there's no draught for me, as I'm catching up on a large backlog of RPGs. I was stupid for missing out on these games while chasing the garbage that is commonly released on the PS2, XBox, and GameCube. I feel that the GBA was the best system released this gen, with the Dreamcast behind it.

After I finish this backlog, I'll look into the two Fire Emblem games, as I've heard good things. My expectations for Gunstar Heroes is a little low due to the disappointment that was Guardian Heroes Advance.

I know nothing about Riviera, but I've seen it available for pre-order on numerous sites, and would like to learn more about it.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #9
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus

I know nothing about Riviera, but I've seen it available for pre-order on numerous sites, and would like to learn more about it.
Same here.

Anyone played this yet?
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #10
Symytry

Yep, I played it through. I thought it was fun...

Metacritic
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #11
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

thanks for the link. I didn't know that site.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM   #12
scottt

Anybody picking up Drill Dozer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpot
Drill Dozer proves to be a great action game for the Game Boy Advance thanks to some creative, well-designed platforming elements and a number of classic-style boss battles, which keep the game uniformly intense throughout.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM   #13
Symytry

I'm picking up DD and Chibi Robo next week.
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #14
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus
I was stupid for missing out on these games while chasing the garbage that is commonly released on the PS2, XBox, and GameCube. I feel that the GBA was the best system released this gen, with the Dreamcast behind it.

The DS is getting that reputation lately too. Argue all you want, the PSP is good, but DS's been keeping ahead of it by putting out some pretty amazing games lately. I have soo many games I need to get, I can't even keep track anymore.
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #15
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
The DS is getting that reputation lately too. Argue all you want, the PSP is good, but DS's been keeping ahead of it by putting out some pretty amazing games lately. I have soo many games I need to get, I can't even keep track anymore.
I can't seem to find much on the DS other than typical Nintendo rehashes. I really enjoyed Phoenix Wright, but that's about it. I couldn't even tell you where my DS is right now.
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #16
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Yes, I have TWO, actually. My six-year old has successfully misplaced both of them in his room somewhere. I enjoyed my GBA a lot. Advance Wars 1 and 2 kept me busy on many a subway ride.

BTW, why do you ask? Need I own something to be critical?
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #17
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
I can't seem to find much on the DS other than typical Nintendo rehashes. I really enjoyed Phoenix Wright, but that's about it. I couldn't even tell you where my DS is right now.

You should get Sonic Rush. It's a head to head with 2 for the best sonic game ever. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is the best of the series too. While not for DS you can pickup the GBA double pack and play it on the same machine. Mario Kart is the best Kart Racing game ever. Period. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is great if you like the style(think paper Mario). One I've really been enjoying lately is Nanostray. It takes me back to when I was young. I loved these twitch action style shooters, and this is a really good one. Nintendo wants to bring back good fun gameplay. Some see it as a step back or not up to par with the new crap coming out, but true gamers don't care. We are too busy playing games to care if what we are playing is "cool".

This is just a few games. I have some hardcore gamer friends that swore by the PSP, but now they have a DS too and pretty much just use the PSP for everything other than games.

Last edited by Julez : February 4th, 2006 at 02:33 AM.
Julez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #18
Groo the Wanderer

Let me just preface this by saying that I don't mind sequels. There's just a fine line between a sequel and a rehash. A sequel may or may not be a rehash, it depends on how much the gameplay has been changed/improved, and whehter or not the gameplay is old and tired in the first place. That being said, most DS games feel like rehashes to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
You should get Sonic Rush.
I'm not crazy on Sonic games. Besides which, this falls under the "rehas" category.

Quote:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is the best of the series too.
No it's not. I love the Castlevania series, and it's one of the worst. And it also falls under the "rehash" category.

Quote:
While not for DS you can pickup the GBA double pack and play it on the same machine.
I would except, I bought then first day on GBA, and beat them.

Quote:
Mario Kart is the best Kart Racing game ever.
It's too bad that kart racing games in general suck. And this game is another classic Nintendo rehash.

Quote:
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is great if you like the style(think paper Mario).
I hated Superstar Saga. There's no reason to think this reheash will be any different.

Quote:
One I've really been enjoying lately is Nanostray. It takes me back to when I was young. I loved these twitch action style shooters, and this is a really good one.
Never been a huge fan of shooters, and I've heard this one isn't anything special.

Quote:
Nintendo wants to bring back good fun gameplay.
Too bad by "bring back" they literally are releasing the same damn games we've already played to death.

Quote:
Some see it as a step back or not up to par with the new crap coming out, but true gamers don't care. We are too busy playing games to care if what we are playing is "cool".
"True gamers"? Who are you, Xeo?

Quote:
This is just a few games. I have some hardcore gamer friends that swore by the PSP, but now they have a DS too and pretty much just use the PSP for everything other than games.
I'm not your friends. Neither console is especially impressive at this point. Now that I've gotten older, DS games appeal to me less and less.
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #19
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
I'm not crazy on Sonic games. Besides which, this falls under the "rehas" category.
no way- not a rehash- an original, fun and HUGE 2d platformer
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #20
scottt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruderb
My son tried it and hated it. We both loved Phoenix Wright and that's about all I can say about the DS.
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #21
Groo the Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruderb
A Sonic the Hedgehog 2D platformer? Where you run around real fast? You're right, it's never been done before. How could I be so blind.
Old April 20th, 2006, 07:30 AM   #22
scottt

Thumbs up

Quote:
Rebelstart kinda fell bellow the radar. I've been playing it all week. Pretty good. And cheap too.

What are the chances for US release of Mother 3?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: