ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old May 7th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #1
GameDay007

GameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
C'mon now, I need Enthusia reviews please...

First of all, let me premise that I'm not a GT fan. I've tired and tried by I've never liked the game.

The most realistic/fun sim game has been Race Car Drvier, but I've never purchased the second one. Best arcade racer was the first Burnout.

Please give me your reviews and feedback on this game gamers!

Thanks!
Mike/Gameday
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #2
Null

Null is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: nullifiedone

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920586.asp

Enthusia reviews.
Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
The first Burnout is terrible compared to Burnout 2 and 3.
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #4
GameDay007

GameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enoughGameDay007 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Null and Viper!

I think I'm in the minority on many of these games, as I tend to gravitate towards quick games with a good combination of sim and arcade = a fun game!

Burnout was intense, you had the thrill of making a turn and trying to keep pace with the other racers. When you won, you "felt' like you won cause you were a great "real life" driver. I don't know, it's just me.

Other games that I've liked that others here dislike include- NFL2k_, Jet Moto, Fight Night (1st one), Blitz, In the Zone 1 & 2, Formula 1 (first one), GameDay (96/97), GameBreaker (97/99), Tekken, NHL Hitz, MLB Slugfest, ProRace Driver, ATV Quad Power Racing, etc.

Given my preferences, would I enjoy this game and think it was a home run?

Thanks!
Mike/GameDay
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #5
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I have Enthusia but haven't played it yet.

In regards to your list, you and I are in the same boat. I enjoyed several of those games just as well. Especially Formula 1. My brother and I played that for hours on end.
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #6
GameDay007

Thumbs up

Thanks Bigg Russ! Formula 1 was intense...and remember at the time, it was a h-u-g-e feat for the PS1 to pull off having 24 cars on one screen! If they could just update the graphics, plus allow 24 cars during a 2 player race, I'd buy it all over again.

GameDay/Mike
Old September 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #7
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
I just picked up Enthusia at my local gamecrazy for 20 bucks and i must say, its pretty good. The game supports 900 degree steering and has an option for a clutch button like toca. So first thing I did was grab my MC2 wheel, plugged it in the first controller port, grab my dfp and plugged it in the usb port. Progam the accelerator pedal on the MC2 to be the clutch and bam. I can now heel -toe downshift thanks to the addition of the clutch pedal. Well worth the 20 dallors.
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #8
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
I'd have to imagine if you want a simulation oriented racer you'd be better off with GT4, even at the higher price. That said, I'm more into Burnout than any other racing series. Too bad EA is milking it to death...
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #9
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooreberg
I'd have to imagine if you want a simulation oriented racer you'd be better off with GT4, even at the higher price. That said, I'm more into Burnout than any other racing series. Too bad EA is milking it to death...
Two releases does not a milk make.

You want the definition of milk, see: Capcom, Square.
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #10
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ

It's kinda like a mantra for EA to release a yearly version of every games as though everything was a sport game.

Now Square? I assume you meant Koei.

Dynasty Warriors 2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends
Dynasty Warriors 4
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires
Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends
Dynasty Warriors 5
Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #11
Bigg Russ

No, I meant Square.

Final Fantasy to the Nth power.

And EA didn't invent that marketing tool so I don't really blame them for using it. EA isn't that creative a company so I understand their willingness to survive any way they can.
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #12
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Quote:
No, I meant Square.

That's a misconception. Final Fantasy games share similarities in menus, battle systems, and reocurring names. However, the storylines, worlds, timeframes, etc. are different. They're all different RPGs set under one brand name.

Now, if you meant the FFX meets Charlie's Angels sequel, or the FF7 bastardization, then I'd agree with you.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #13
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus
That's a misconception. Final Fantasy games share similarities in menus, battle systems, and reocurring names. However, the storylines, worlds, timeframes, etc. are different. They're all different RPGs set under one brand name.

Now, if you meant the FFX meets Charlie's Angels sequel, or the FF7 bastardization, then I'd agree with you.
And you can't milk a brand name?
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:17 PM   #14
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
Quote:

There have been four Burnout games this gen. Two published by Acclaim before they went under, and two in consecutive years from EA. That's milking.

But it's still not as bad as the Tony Hawk series which I think is up to six installments since Dreamcast came out. If you exclude Capcom's REhasing on Gamecube, that's probably the worst offender this generation.

I'd really just like to see Criterion make a 3D online road rash game for the next gen systems, but at this rate we'll be seeing "Burnout Betrayal" next fall.
Old October 15th, 2005, 11:07 AM   #15
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Quote:
No, I meant Square.

And EA didn't invent that marketing tool so I don't really blame them for using it. EA isn't that creative a company so I understand their willingness to survive any way they can.
What if EA only release one sport game every 2 or 3 year. Each version covers a different sport. They could call it Final Sport Fantasy. Would you call that milking? You would because the box would say FSF XIX.

Square kept the same name because they were nobodies. Eventually they build a name for themselves, but the FF franchise is too strong to drop. They'd be stupid.

They repackage the games because there's a demand. That's still not milking.

Oh, and I picked up Enthusia for $12 at TRU. Better be good.
Old October 19th, 2005, 01:43 PM   #16
GameDay007

Enthusia for $12.00? That's a great deal!

Mike/Gameday
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #17
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottt
What if EA only release one sport game every 2 or 3 year. Each version covers a different sport. They could call it Final Sport Fantasy. Would you call that milking? You would because the box would say FSF XIX.

Square kept the same name because they were nobodies. Eventually they build a name for themselves, but the FF franchise is too strong to drop. They'd be stupid.

Quote:
And you can't milk a brand name?

Old October 20th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #18
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooreberg
There have been four Burnout games this gen. Two published by Acclaim before they went under, and two in consecutive years from EA. That's milking.
EA's not milking. They're borrowing.

They'll change it next year to Madden Burnout or Medal of Burnout or - what they should've done in the first place - was add it to the EA BIG line of games.

Or be darlings and give me my SHOX 2.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM   #19
GameDay007

Scottt,

How's Enthusia then, and which game is it similar to? Oh ya, is the TRU deal for $12.00 through a hook-up or is that the new price?

Last, anyone try DTM yet? It looks like a great arcade/sim, and it's only $12.00!

Thanks and God Bless!
Mike/Gameday
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:05 AM   #20
scottt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameDay007
Scottt,

How's Enthusia then, and which game is it similar to? Oh ya, is the TRU deal for $12.00 through a hook-up or is that the new price?

Last, anyone try DTM yet? It looks like a great arcade/sim, and it's only $12.00!

Thanks and God Bless!
Mike/Gameday
I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

That was part of TRU's crazy pre Xbox 360 clearance. I would hope they sold out every thing by now, except maybe some 3rd party GBA games. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for these things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: