ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2001, 12:28 AM   #1
Cowboybebop

Cowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 102
Games Wanted: 0
Talking Nintendo or xbox who will do better

Well when Gamecube launched in Japan most people were not willing to accept that it was the surrounding events that held back the cube, I even read somewhere "will the cube go the way of the DC" and "not enough third party support". Then we had xbox preorders and fanboys crying Xbox will rule, the cube is dead and such.

Well now that we see the GameCube preorders starting to filter down from:
Amazon
Toys R us
Best BUy
And soon EB

Now when the first 3 places sold out so quickly, some say much faster than the Xbox. (plenty of sources out there if you've been keeping up with things)
And the now fanboys are saying well how many did the have, as if the cubes were available in very small quanities, yeah right.

Well anyway the whole point of this thread is that I've had the unique opportunity to play both Gamecube and Xbox and I have some facts to share.

I don't know where to start I Guess I'll start with xbox, now what shocked me about the xbox is this late in the game had debug systems (for testing they were translucent green about 7 of them) available to demo the games. First thing that Came to mind was Do they have enough systems ?

Well the xbox controller which was'nt the final controller and it's a shame if they change the shape because it fit perfect in my hands. The only problem I had with the controller were the buttons, the placement is horrible and they were bubble shaped not flat but protruding out from the controller. I guess this was suppose to look cool but during some extended play guaranteed sore fingers. One smart thing is the cord is like 9.8 feet and releases from the controller if someone trips over it.

The Nintendo Gamecube was in real working display units(about 30) gave me a Surround Sound booth for me to sit in and play games even high quality headphones for some games not in the booth I examine the cube as close as I could I was'nt able to handle it but let me tell you this thing is tiny, games are about the size of mini disks.

Now the Gamecube controller, when I first picked it up I was kind of intimidiated by it, it seem just a tad small. But as I took my time and place my finger on the buttons and played with them it just sort of meld to my hands. There was nothing hyped about this controller it's nice very very nice.

The Games that were avalable for demo:
Nintendo

Rogue Squadron 2
Awesome Game!
Pikimin
Very fun & addictive!
Super Monkey Ball
Super Fun(I watched people play this one for a hour it was fun just watching)
WaveRace
Good Game
Star Fox Adventures
Awesome!
Super Smash brothers
Fun game deeper controls than N64
Luigi's mansion
I did'nt get a lot of this game under my belt it was Intersting, funny and very nice graphics.
Basketball Game(I can't remember the name)
Look good like nba 2k series, did'nt play it.

All in all the games were fully Functional and graphics were awesome

Xbox

Halo
Now this game I hope was a beta version because I was disappoionted with the graphics and gameplay. Single player was better than multiplayer(looked like N64 textures) Now the engine and collision detection seemed ok but this game had some good points like vehicles and the talking comrades give it a real feel, I did'nt try all the weapons but the game seemed like a ordinary FPS not bad not great I'd give it a weak 7 on a scale of 1-10. Single player seemed better graphically but nothing you would'nt see on PC's nowadays. The controll was wierd but I guess you'd get use to it after time, control with the left stick look around with the other stick, shoot with the right trigger, and throw grenades with the left. You can jump ? and connect 4 xbox's together for 16 player(I think this is why the game looks like it does, not all levels are huge).......

Blood wake
Look like it has potential but, it was glitched unfinished going thru walls and studder. water looked nice.

Fuzion frenzy
Stupid sorry weak! wanna be SMB

Nfl Fever 2002
Nice game very good graphically but looks like quarterback club, styled like madden, and is modeled after NFL 2k series. But it does'nt give you that football feel except for the tackles nice solid hits.

Oddworld
If your a fan of it you may enjoy it spent some time on it, wasn't very exciting.

Nintendo Games were much more exciting I know I got to more nintendo games than xbox but some stuff can't be said.

Xbox's best game was Nfl Fever but with Madden and NFL2k series coming out it won't stand a chance unless it has a lot of hidden features.

OH, on video games were shown, the xbox will recieve Shenmue 2 and PSO, well rumor is that nintendo will recieve ..... 2

Well that was a quick type up I'm tired any questions about the games I played let me know I'd be happy to talk more about them.

With awesome games For all ages Nintendo will do well this season, especially if the rumors about xbox shortages are true.

Xbox will have a decent but rocky start, their real test will not be launch anything new will sell to some extent. The real test is Can they in 2002 give anyone a reason to buy the systems, none of the games played were must haves, and they only have a few 3rd party titles that are truly exclusive.

P.S. Project gotham was there but they did'nt let me play, a Rep demo'ed it to me ?? it looks to beat GT3 easily...

------------------
This world is temporary I'm just passing thru on my way home to Jesus

[This message has been edited by Cowboybebop (edited October 15, 2001).]
Old October 12th, 2001, 06:37 AM   #2
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
I say Nintendo, but it will ramp up slowly.

------------------
Old October 12th, 2001, 03:18 PM   #3
Shin Egg Robo

Shin Egg Robo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 2
Send a message via AIM to Shin Egg Robo
Nintendo will do better than Microsoft. They will both probably be spanked by Sony in terms of sales but Nintendo has more appeal worldwide to gamers than Microsoft does. XBox may end up doing worse than the Game Cube or Dreamcast. I think Nintendo will do better but not by a large amount.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, shut up and eat the damn lemons
Old October 13th, 2001, 04:30 PM   #4
Imashroom

Imashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enoughImashroom will become famous soon enough

Live!: Puntificator

Games Owned: 0
Question

If you ask the question in a Nintendo forum, what do you think the likely answers will be? BTW, Nintendobebop, where/how did you get the chance to play these games?

::Imashroom hopes no one is playing games::

------------------
If everybody thinks alike, nobody is thinking.
Old October 14th, 2001, 06:04 PM   #5
BLaZe-Ski

BLaZe-Ski is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 37
Majority of perents think quality when they hear Nintendo. Reason why many kiddies will be getting Gamecube for birthdays and Christmas. When I think of Microsoft, I think of the devil. To put it quite simply. I don't like the Xbox. It's missing a monitor, 2 speakers, a printer and a scanner. I hope they don't do well, but Microsoft is probably making good deals for developers to make games for them. I'm surprised Microsoft doesn't go into space travel already.

Gamecube has solid titles made from Nintendo itself. Microsoft has to rely on other companies for games. Who knows what'll happen.

------------------
"It tastes like.....Burning." -Ralph
Currently playing: FF Tactics, Ninja Five-O, MegaMan Zero 2
Old October 14th, 2001, 06:12 PM   #6
BLaZe-Ski

BLaZe-Ski is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 37
I forgot. The Xbox is going to need a Keyboard, too.

------------------
"It tastes like.....Burning." -Ralph
Currently playing: FF Tactics, Ninja Five-O, MegaMan Zero 2
Old October 15th, 2001, 09:51 AM   #7
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
I work at babbage's 132, and Funcoland 936 (both located in Metrocenter Mall, Phoenix, AZ).

I can tell you that there are much more Xbox's available that GameCubes. At Babbage's we filled up at 100 Xbox reservations and 30 GameCube reservations. At Funco we filled up out GameCube allotment with just 5 reservations.

------------------
Regards,
Overkill

Editor in Chief www.dricasworld.com Dreamcast tournaments, good site content, and good forums!
Old October 15th, 2001, 10:20 AM   #8
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Nintendo isn't letting retailer take large preorders. I don't know why, but all the Wal Mart campers should be happy.

------------------
Old October 15th, 2001, 03:26 PM   #9
Cowboybebop

Cowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by Imashroom:
If you ask the question in a Nintendo forum, what do you think the likely answers will be? BTW, Nintendobebop, where/how did you get the chance to play these games?

::Imashroom hopes no one is playing games::

On the Bebop flagship Hop on board we are headed to GCN station.

I work for a company that also owns retail stores that will be selling the Xbox and GCN I am frends with Someone who called someone who called someone who called someone who got me in
It's real no joke I got to play these games and inspect these systems, actually I have a few people in 3rd party development companies as well like capcom, konami, and midway. But I don't talk to them regularly or enough to feel ok about asking them for favors.

p.s. I posted it in one site because I did'nt see a need to like TC did with his purchase choice, I encourage you to copy a link to this thread or paste it in the other threads were you see fit.

------------------

Old October 15th, 2001, 03:34 PM   #10
Cowboybebop

Quote:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I work at babbage's 132, and Funcoland 936 (both located in Metrocenter Mall, Phoenix, AZ).

I can tell you that there are much more Xbox's available that GameCubes. At Babbage's we filled up at 100 Xbox reservations and 30 GameCube reservations. At Funco we filled up out GameCube allotment with just 5 reservations.

That's interesting since they only had 5 debug kits for demo games and nintendo had like 30 retail versions(although not all the games were)

And also GCN will sell better in some areas than other just like the xbox will sell better than the cube in some areas, your store presells are a good indication of what the people in your area want.

PS

I just found this http://cube.ign.com/news/39168.html
maybe they have one in your area

------------------

Old October 16th, 2001, 06:24 AM   #11
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Xbox, without a doubt. The battle between the two consoles has already begun, this is what Nintendo fails to realize. Despite the fast that Munch is the only playable demo that MS sent us, at any given time 10-20 or so people are standing around or Xbox kisok singing the praises of Xbox, wanting to know when it's coming, how much is it, and how soon can they get it. So I say, "Xbox is in on the 15th and GameCube three days later on the 18th." And the custamer says "What's a GameCube?" So I say, "Nintendo's new console." That's where the custamer typically says something about being childish, or something about how they hated the 64, and thus will never buy another product from them. If we didn't sell out of Xbox reservations back in February I'd of sold 100 last night.

Nintendo isn't taking GameCube seriously, I'm sorry, but they're not. If you look that the release lists for both Xbox and GameCube is obvious that Xbox has more support, seeing how their release list is about four times the size. All Nintendo wants to do is sit back and get fat off of GBA. Whereas, on the other hand, Xbox is sinking 500 million dollars into Xbox's ad campaign.

It doesn't take a geneus to figure out which console is more appealing to consumers.

------------------
Regards,
Overkill

Editor in Chief www.dricasworld.com Dreamcast tournaments, good site content, and good forums!
Old October 16th, 2001, 12:13 PM   #12
Cowboybebop

Lightbulb

I agree that nintendo marketing or lack of marketing has hurt them in the past, but they are pumping out commerials and ADs are everywhere Now from Dorritos to Magazines. So I'd say it's MS who needs to start spending now not nintendo.

And I'll partially agree that nintendo isn't taking competitors seriously, they are kinda of cocky they could already have secured number 1 in the us with 3 announcements, but they wait until the last minute.
IMO, a pokemon RPG may be announced(for japan), a new pokemon for the GCN with GBA interactivity, and the Orginal zelda still coming to the cube with enhanced and all new gameplay a sequel to the cell shaded one but with the previous graphics. If they announce these then it would'nt matter who bought it the fact is it would be bought money in nintendo's pocket call it kiddie nintendo calls it a deposit. Then as a follow up they could release 3 or 4 internal deals and release some information on the 3rd party rpg's in the works. But nintendo is keeping a lot of that secret so competitors are guessing and won't have a answer for it.

All in all it will be a fierce battle if nintendo releases pokemon anything:
Japan
1 sony
2 Nintendo
3 ms

USA & other territories
1 Nintendo
2 ms
3 sony
I think if a fierce battle between Nintendo and ms starts then this will push them both in front of sony.

Now it Nintendo does'nt cancel a few of their secret projects and they are done right. Then they will easily take Number 1 in both japan and the us now how long they stay on top is a different thing.

------------------
Old October 16th, 2001, 07:47 PM   #13
Shin Egg Robo

Why do you guys think that Microsoft and Nintendo will topple Sony, especially with Metal Gear Solid 2 and Gran Turismo 3. I think it'll go like this:

Japan

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Sega
4. Microsoft

Yes, I am confident that XBox will do worse than Dreamcast did. About 3 million Dreamcasts are sold in Japan. I think XBox may only get 1 to 1.5 million in Japan.

As for America, I think the powerful and fast momentum userbase with killer app software ahead will bring Sony to the top. Nintendo and Microsoft is unknown; both look like they'll do well here.

------------------
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:49 PM   #14
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
Gameplay wise or sales??

------------------

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:51 PM   #15
Cowboybebop

Interesting theory, but I don't think 2 games will keep you on top in the number 1 spot, I think Sony has a stronger presence in japan, but it all depends on the steps MS and Nintendo takes they can knock sony from number one in the US easily. Nintendo easier than ms......

But Japan Gamers are so unpredictable......

------------------

quote:Cowboybebop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aaasega you have to understand someone's reply Before you respond to it. I also had a response prepared for you but I'm hold off from posting it instead I'll I have a word from the bible
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by aaaahSega:
I win.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Old October 17th, 2001, 09:56 AM   #16
scottt

2 games? No. PS2 has a lot more than 2 games.

The 4 games that sold the most in Japan betwen April 2 and September 30 were on the PS2

1. Final Fantasy X 2,363,028
2. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec 1,633,260
3. Everybody's Golf 3 742,107
4. Devil May Cry 562,803

The five best selling game in Japan Oct 1-7 were PS2:

1. Shin Sangoku Musou 2
2. Time Crisis 2
3. King's Field IV
4. Silent Hill 2
5. Ace Combat 4

On the top 30 for the same week, the count is a follows:

PS2 15
PSX 5
GBA 5
GB 2
GC 2
WSC 1

On the week of Sept 24-30, the PS2 hardware was outselling the GC console 40,565 vs 21,337.

If you compare data from the last generation, the PS2 is largely ahead of the PSX while the NGC is far behind the N64 at the same interval in their respective life span.

Personally, I'll end up with both a NGC and a PS2, but I'll buy a lot more software for one system than for the other.

------------------
Old October 17th, 2001, 10:05 AM   #17
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
I predict the X-Box will take the #1 spot. #2 PS2, #3 Game Cube.

------------------
"i will put it in simple terms. you guys should do some more reading. thats what i did in the bookstores"

-- The Mystical One

"I KNEW you jews were cheap bastards, but f*ck man! You could have at least gone to the library instead of loitering.

~Peace!~"

-- Moon Tears
Old October 17th, 2001, 10:24 AM   #18
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally posted by DG:
I predict the X-Box will take the #1 spot. #2 PS2, #3 Game Cube.

I predict you are wrong.

if I've said it once, I've said it a million times:
in terms of worldwide installed base:
1. PS2
2. GC
3. DC (ok, I'm just being a dick here)
4. XBox

Pokemon accounted for 11% all console game sales last year. People aren't going to Xbox for "kiddie" games. They aren't because that's not what XBox is about. So that leaves only 2 options. PS2 or Xbox.

This can only result in the following scenarios:[*]Xbox greatly outsells PS2 this season. Assuming it is enough to be roughly equal to PS2's existing userbase, then the market is split 50/50, making neither system more attractive to developers. This leave GC wide open to attract developers because its installed base should be high enough to warrant development for the system, even if it is less than the number of systems for either of the other 2. GC would then have the best of both markets - entirely captures the kiddie market, and has the opportunity to seize at least 1/3 of the adult market. If this were to happen - and it's not very likely - GC would be the benefactor.[*]Xbox and PS2 sell in equal amounts. PS2 would still have a much higher installed base, and XBox would be snuffed out by MS because of it's inability to establish set-top boxes for future hawking of their products. Even if MS didn't snuff it out, 3rd parties would abandon ship and unlike GC, they would have no franchises to keep them afloat. PS2 is the benefactor in this scenario, and GC would still have the "kiddie" market and wouldn't be affected adversly by Xbox.[*]Xbox doesn't sell shit is the only other scenario. I think this one is obvious. No one, not even MS, will make games for it.

And that's my take on it. The Xbox, in a best case scenario is headed for mediocrity. IMO, MS won't keep pumping money into a "failed" project.

------------------
"I'm with Mr. dicksteak" ~ Pornoslut
Old October 17th, 2001, 10:33 AM   #19
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
The other factor is Nintendo will continue to sell because of brand loyalty. Sound familiar?

------------------

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Old October 17th, 2001, 11:32 AM   #20
scottt

Quote:
At the PlayDate 2001 Expo today in New York, retailers were asked what they believe will be the hottest selling videogames this year. Over 25 retailers across the country were surveyed by PlayDate, including Toys 'R' Us/toysrus.com/Amazon.com, Electronics Boutique, Zany Brainy/Noodle Kidoodle, KB/eToys, other major national retail chains and more than a dozen independent toy specialty shops.

Best Selling Console:

1. PlayStation 2

2. Game Boy Advance

3. Nintendo GameCube

4. PSOne

5. Xbox
Well, if it's for the year, spot #1 and #2 are already locked in. Interesting nonetheless.

------------------
Old October 17th, 2001, 12:53 PM   #21
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
We should not judge success by installed base fgarriel.

Success should be judged by software sales. If were were to judge success by installed base then the Gameboy would always take the top spot. The PSX would probably come in second, followed by the NES.

------------------
"i will put it in simple terms. you guys should do some more reading. thats what i did in the bookstores"

-- The Mystical One

"I KNEW you jews were cheap bastards, but f*ck man! You could have at least gone to the library instead of loitering.

~Peace!~"

-- Moon Tears

[This message has been edited by DG (edited October 17, 2001).]
Old October 17th, 2001, 04:47 PM   #22
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally posted by DG:
We should not judge success by installed base fgarriel.

Success should be judged by software sales. If were were to judge success by installed base then the Gameboy would always take the top spot. The PSX would probably come in second, followed by the NES.

A very good point. I'll dig up some statistics on that sometime tomorrow. I think my argument will still hold, but even if it doesn't, I'm just going to say, "Because I said so"

------------------
"I'm with Mr. dicksteak" ~ Pornoslut
Old October 20th, 2001, 03:38 AM   #23
Diamond W

Diamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
I'm a bit worried. I'm hoping for a GC sucesss, but the first sales figures from Japan isn't promising. Nintendo only sold ~170000 cubes the first day. Compare that with half a million GBA or Sony's 900000 PS2s...

------------------
TURNING and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-WB Yeats, The Second Coming

So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: 'Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is.' Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code.
-Mark Twain
Here were produced rubbishy newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means...

- GEORGE ORWELL, Nineteen Eighty-Four, about the Ministry of Truth
Old October 20th, 2001, 02:34 PM   #24
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Exclamation

I believe that MS and Nintendo stand a GOOD shance at toppeling Sony because many developers are pissed about how HARD it is to develop for Sony's PS2!

Right now there it is no major concern because the PS2 has sold so well. But I know for a fact that some developers are hoping that Nintendo and or MS take over the top 2 spots so they can STOP developing for PS2!

One developer in the latest Next gen said they are not porting over their baseball game to PS2 until they are told that they have to! He siad he HOPES the X-Box becomes number one because as soon as it does they will drop the PS2 like a rock!

I am telling you this "hard to develop for" is HUGE. It got some pop when the PS2 was first released and dies down but it is still there as a HUGE factor!

If MS and Nintendo even compete nicely with PS2 they will get a large ammount of support from developers who want them to succeed over Sony!

Few are talking about this but lets just see what happens!

------------------
I will no longer wallow in the filth of the General Forum. Cast not your pearls before the swine you know?
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
Old October 21st, 2001, 07:56 AM   #25
Shin Egg Robo

That developer is an idiot. There is lots of middleware around now that makes PS2 programming much easier than it was a year ago such as CodeWarriors. Its tough to program but so far, it seems like its possible to deliver software on the system.

------------------
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: