ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old February 1st, 2005, 07:55 PM   #1
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 135
Games Wanted: 0

Karma Slave
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Is it me, or does GT4 look better than Forza?

I was comparing screenshots and GT4 looks better...
Old February 1st, 2005, 08:18 PM   #2
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 44
GT4 has some nice looking replays, but in game graphics are pretty much identical to GT3.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow I was comparing screenshots and GT4 looks better...

What about in motion?
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM   #4
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
GT4 has some nice looking replays, but in game graphics are pretty much identical to GT3.

whoa, slow down
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:28 AM   #5
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
dude you're comparing ps2 graphics to xbox one's...xbox will win everytime, unless some retard decided to devlop the game.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:32 AM   #6
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 135

Karma Slave
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
The cars in GT4 just seems to look better.

Please correct me if these are photoshopped or fmv shots:

***I do not know how the games compare in motion***

Forza

Forza

Forza

Forza
---------------------------

GT4

GT4

GT4

GT4
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM   #7
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
the GT 4 screens are replay shots
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM   #8
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
After playing Forza, I think I agree.

The car models in the Gran Turismo games seem to look more realistic.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:58 AM   #9
lmhstalker

lmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these parts
Games Owned: 127
Who cares? DG already announced back in Nov. that Forza would be a flop anyway.
lmhstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM   #10
Kev

Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 36
Keep in mind that Polyphony have had 3 previous "attempts" so they're bound to be ahead in the stakes. Just because the Xbox is "more powerful" that doesn't mean the team behind Forza know how to utilise that power.

Cheers,

Kev
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM   #11
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo-
the GT 4 screens are replay shots
So what?

And I agree GT4 looks more realistic than Forza. And Forza doesn't look great in motion, (at least the demo I saw), while GT4 looks absolutely stunning in motion.

Polyphonic knows how to push hardware to its limits. GT1 on the PSX was a miracle.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:03 AM   #12
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhstalker
Who cares? DG already announced back in Nov. that Forza would be a flop anyway.
Maybe I should rephrase that.

I believe from what I saw Forza should flop. But after the demo it was pushed back (again), so I have hope they'll fix it up (a lot) before release.

But even if they don't, it probably won't flop because it's going to the same customer base that picked Rally Sport Challenge 2 over Colin McRae Rally after all.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:13 AM   #13
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Xeo
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
GT4 looks better. No discussion.

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #14
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
GT4 looks better. No discussion.
But...but...it just CAN'T look better!? The Xbox has more pollys 'n' shit right!?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM   #15
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow ...GT4 looks absolutely stunning in motion.

Will you ever truly know?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:02 PM   #16
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
Will you ever truly know?
Yea, I'll play it on a kiosk.

Seriously, it's one of the few PS2 games that make me wish I owned the system. Maybe someday I'll pick up one of the new compact versions.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM   #17
Aeon Storm

Just get a used one, cheap. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:43 PM   #18
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
Just get a used one, cheap. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it.
Ahhh... I see now. DG doesn't own a PS2...

Wait a sec... DG doesn't own a PS2?!
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:46 PM   #19
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
*Hands Russ his Ritalin*

It's ok Russ, it'll be all better in just a little while.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:32 PM   #20
Aeon Storm

Arrow Wait a sec... DG doesn't own a PS2?!

No, but his condition is showing signs of improvement. He doesn't slam the PS2 nerely as much anymore. He pretty much sticks to his he can't afford another console defense rather than 2001-2004's "teh PS2 sux!1!!" shtick.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM   #21
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
GT4 does look a bit better, but those screenshots for GT4 are touched-up high res, while the Forza ones appear to be more "what you see is what you get." But I still think GT4 looks better, and will probably play better. But we'll see.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:43 PM   #22
-Tetsuo-

o well i agree that GT 4 looks better than forza, i was just letting it be know for those that didnt....
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:22 AM   #23
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
Yea, I'll play it on a kiosk.

Seriously, it's one of the few PS2 games that make me wish I owned the system. Maybe someday I'll pick up one of the new compact versions.

same here kinda, i've never been a race car driving fan, but the game does look sick.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:44 AM   #24
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 44
I managed to find some real shots of Gran Turismo 4:

Forza:

Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:47 AM   #25
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Forza has always looked kinda plasticky to me. I don't know that it's Renderware, but it looks Renderwarey.

I may not care for GT gameplay, but there's no denying that Polyphony are masters of their particular niche.

Now I think I'll go play some Burnout 4 and have some fun...

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: