ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old January 21st, 2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2031
Games Wanted: 8
Sega Classics Collection

Ships 02/15/2005

The Sega Classics Collection includes:
Outrun - As you blaze across the checkpoint in your supped up racer, the road branches - which route will you take?

Golden Axe - Travel to the Dark Ages and wield magic spells as a warrior, maiden or dwarf.

Space Harrier - Teleport to deep space in seconds to battle futuristic monsters and robots with lock-on lasers.

Columns - Arrange falling jewels in piles of three or more horizontally, vertically, or diagonally and remove them while making chains that earn you the big points.

Alien Syndrome - Blast invading aliens and rescue the captives held hostage in the spaceship before the clock winds down.

Fantasy Zone - Climb aboard your Opa-Opa (ship) and get rich quick as defeated enemies drop coins.

Monaco GP - You'll leave plenty of tread ripping through these crazy courses. In certain modes, if you cross first, the car is yours.

Virtua Racing Flat Out - Grab the wheel and take a trip back into Sega history in this remake of the arcade classic.

Tant R & Bonanza Bros - Play alone or grab three friends to play through 40 mini-games! Clear them all and you'll gain access to the special Bonus Game.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:00 PM   #2
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
...are these the real arcade games or the Genesis and SMS versions on one disc?

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:26 PM   #3
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
It doesn't matter, they all suck.
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM   #4
DefMATRIXense

DefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: ShadowBigBoss

Games Owned: 25
Send a message via AIM to DefMATRIXense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn
It doesn't matter, they all suck.
Amen.
Three of these 10 games I had played it as I was kid. Outrun, Golden Axe, and
Alien Syndrome are good. In my opinion, it is not worth to purchase it unless 5 bucks.
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:52 PM   #5
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

...while your two opinions are appreciated and duly noted, these are games I as a Sega fan want to play. As such I could quite frankly give a damn what you two may think.

David Cay. Johnston

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
I love Sega too, but these classics shall remain as classics in my closet
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
I love Sega too, but these classics shall remain as classics in my closet
...all of us aren't that fortunate

David Cay. Johnston

Last edited by Syndicate : January 21st, 2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:38 PM   #8
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Just give me a Shining Force Collection SEGA!
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:56 PM   #9
Zach

Zach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 0
Nothing wrong with Golden Axe, Space Harrier, or Monaco GP. Virtua Racing was cool too
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow ...are these the real arcade games or the Genesis and SMS versions on one disc?

They're neither. I believe they're all updated remakes of these classics that were popular enough to be sold individually as "SEGA AGES 2500" collection titles in Japan for the passed 2 years.

Similar to the way that "SEGA AGES" titles for the Saturn were sold individually in Japan but were a compellation of 3 of Yu Suzuki titles (Space Harrier, After Burner, OutRun) stateside.

The fact that there aren't a fraction as many hardcore SEGA fans in the U.S. actually works in our favor. Unfortunately, the trade off is people not knowing any better than to print stupid shit like:

Quote:
Fantasy Zone - Climb aboard your Opa-Opa (ship) and get rich quick as defeated enemies drop coins.
"Opa-Opa" doesn't have a pilot. "Opa-Opa" is autonomous mechanical being, who first appeared as was Wendy's "pet" in the 1980's Anime/Manga "Zillion". He's not a "ship" at all, unless of course they've taken a ridiculous measure of creative control in the remake and put a tiny man inside of him (Ops-Opa is about the size of a cat).

At any rate, this title is bought.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : January 21st, 2005 at 06:04 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:41 PM   #11
Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
"Opa-Opa" doesn't have a pilot. "Opa-Opa" is autonomous mechanical being, who first appeared as was Wendy's "pet" in the 1980's Anime/Manga "Zillion". He's not a "ship" at all, unless of course they've taken a ridiculous measure of creative control in the remake and put a tiny man inside of him (Ops-Opa is about the size of a cat).

At any rate, this title is bought.

...I thouight that seemed kind of odd. Do you know where Upa-Upa came from in Fantasy Zone III - The Maze?

David Cay. Johnston

Old January 21st, 2005, 07:28 PM   #12
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow Do you know where Upa-Upa came from in Fantasy Zone III - The Maze?

As far as I know they simply needed a generic second player character for the game (not different from the "Red" Superman in the Superman arcade game). I'm not sure if they even gave "Upa-Upa" a name in the Japanese version.

FTR - "Upa-Upa" is the better player of the two in "Fantasy Zone: The Maze". I'm not sure if it's a bug or an intended thing, but if both "Opa-Opa" and "Upa-Upa" are sitting the same corner of the screen when a bonus item appears, it'll automatically go to Upa-Upa everytime. A friend and I would play the game faithfully, for days at a time, whenever he came in town. We play in a competitive fashion, and eventually figured that whole "bias" bug out after many years, and he started to gain the upper hand.

Unfortunately, the original "Fantasy Zone", which was an actual arcade game, is my least favorite out of the original three (there was a "Super Fantasy Zone" for the Megadrive, but it never came stateside). It was the logical choice for the AGES series (the original was also a Japanese Saturn AGES title), but I don't like games that repeat indefinitely once you've completed them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: