ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old January 20th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8
Metroid Prime: First Hunt - DEMO

Added to the DS game list. Viper may want to correct the box image though.

It should be included as a viable -demo- title due to eventully it will not be a pack in with the DS hardware.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #2
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Games Wanted: 0
I've been rethinking Prime 2, and I came up with a conclusion: its really boring. The next iteration of Metroid most definitely needs a really good story and at least some level of character interaction. The scanning, as well, has got to go. And what's up with weapons needing energy to work now? Lame. Get the shit together Nintendo! Its time to evolve beyond the "simplicity" when the world around the character suggests so much more.

Well that been said, Metroid Prime First Hunt will not be bought.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:19 AM   #3
Repeater

Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
I've been rethinking Prime 2, and I came up with a conclusion: its really boring. The next iteration of Metroid most definitely needs a really good story and at least some level of character interaction. The scanning, as well, has got to go. And what's up with weapons needing energy to work now? Lame. Get the shit together Nintendo! Its time to evolve beyond the "simplicity" when the world around the character suggests so much more.

Well that been said, Metroid Prime First Hunt will not be bought.
See, I told you guys MP2 wasn't very good!

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 08:44 AM   #4
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
I didn't pick up MP2 (yet). Is it a victim of more-of-the-same as MP, or is MP just a better game?
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 08:51 AM   #5
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
I thought the first MP was boring. Never owned it, but what I've played a friends houses, it was just not all that exciting, even in the battles I was involved in.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:31 PM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Its time to evolve beyond the "simplicity" when the world around the character suggests so much more.
I think they need to return to "simplicity" actually.
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:37 PM   #7
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
return to simplicity?

That works fine -- if its a 2D Metroid game, which I would totally welcome. But if the series continues in this same direction there has GOT to be something or someone else involved besides Samus. COOP alone would have made this game the shit.

If you've played Metroid Fusion, you know that the game actually had somewhat of a good story. The computer Adam added another dimension to the game not seen in past Metroid games and I thought it worked really well. Also having to play certain parts of the game without being in the suit was cool too.

Maybe they should just give the series back to the Japanese...they seem to make the best Metroid games.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM   #8
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Talking

Maybe they should release a Metroid DDR. That would be so hardcore.
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:35 PM   #9
Repeater

Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
That works fine -- if its a 2D Metroid game, which I would totally welcome. But if the series continues in this same direction there has GOT to be something or someone else involved besides Samus. COOP alone would have made this game the shit.

If you've played Metroid Fusion, you know that the game actually had somewhat of a good story. The computer Adam added another dimension to the game not seen in past Metroid games and I thought it worked really well. Also having to play certain parts of the game without being in the suit was cool too.

Maybe they should just give the series back to the Japanese...they seem to make the best Metroid games.
I have the same complaints. How does any of the planets she visits or anything that Samus does have any sort of significance outside of herself and that planet? It doesn't seem to me that any of this shit really poses a threat to but a small section of the universe. Boring.

-------
Brandon
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

As far as story elements, I agree completely. I just don't want them to make Metroid tedious as far as control and gameplay elements are concerned.
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:02 PM   #11
Repeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
As far as story elements, I agree completely. I just don't want them to make Metroid tedious as far as control and gameplay elements are concerned.
I'm just sayin', if Samus is a BOUNTY HUNTER, then maybe they should give us a rest from these fucking birds and alternate dimensions and have her chasing a ruthless criminal from planet to planet across a star system trying to get paid (while stopping him from releasing an ultra-space virus that would destroy the Milky Way galaxy). As far as bounty hunting goes, Samus has proved to be the most selfless, and therefore the worst bounty hunter in the universe.

-------
Brandon
Old January 21st, 2005, 07:35 PM   #12
Aeon Storm

Quote:
I'm just sayin', if Samus is a BOUNTY HUNTER, then maybe they should give us a rest from these fucking birds and alternate dimensions and have her chasing a ruthless criminal from planet to planet across a star system trying to get paid
Seriously. Now that I think about it, she's never made one collar, or earned a single credit in any of the Metroid games I've played.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM   #13
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeater
I'm just sayin', if Samus is a BOUNTY HUNTER, then maybe they should give us a rest from these fucking birds and alternate dimensions and have her chasing a ruthless criminal from planet to planet across a star system trying to get paid (while stopping him from releasing an ultra-space virus that would destroy the Milky Way galaxy). As far as bounty hunting goes, Samus has proved to be the most selfless, and therefore the worst bounty hunter in the universe.
+rep

The man has a good point
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: