ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Retro Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Retro Games For the retro gamer in you, system unspecific.

Old January 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #1
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
RGD 1/8/05 Snatcher-Sega CD

DB Link: http://www.consolecity.com/games.php...e_id-4815.html

This game is amazing. An interactive comic with outstand graphics, intence story, from Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima. Much better story telling than what's in Metal Gear, too.

Ya, there's a light gun element to the game, but it's just to get some action in. You'll want t get right back to the story.

Released: November 30, 1994
Platform: Sega CD
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Konami
Genre: Light Gun

Quote:
Sega CD fans never had much to be happy about, unless you caught some sort of rare virus that would allow you to enjoy such Digital Pictures gems as Sewer Shark and Double Switch. In the waning days of the Sega CD, Konami decided to do an exclusive port of their classic cyberpunk adventure Snatcher, in hopes that American audiences would dig up the extraordinarily cool characters and storyline. Popular in Japan, Snatcher was the creation of Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, but it was more in line with a PC-style adventure game. Unfortunately, when it finally came out, it was saddled with no exposure and it carried a Mature rating - something retailers were not happy with after Mortal Kombat and other violent games got notice in Senate hearings. So the game flopped miserably, and it only remains in the hearts of the hardcore. But despite it's rather linear and direct nature, Snatcher remains one of the most engrossing video games ever created.

Snatcher begins on an uplifting note - 1/3 of the world's population was wiped out due to the outbreak of a mysterious virus. Fifty years later, a strange life form mysteriously appears out of nowhere in the city of Neo Kobe, thus beginning the core story. These robotic beings, which look like the exoskeletons from the Terminator movies, disguise themselves as humans, kidnap (known as "snatching") high-ranking people and taking their place in society. An operation known as JUNKER is set up to combat the Snatchers, to find out where they came from, what their ultimate purpose is, and how it connects to the global catastrophe that destroyed so much of the Earth.

The main character in Snatcher is Gillian Seed, a trenchcoat clad rookie to the JUNKER operation. Like many great detectives, he has a bit of a strange past - him and his wife Jamie were rescued from cryogenic sleep somewhere in Russia. They have no recollection of their past together, or why they were even frozen in the first place. Gillian and Jamie's amnesia eventually leads to their seperation. The game actually starts when Gillian decides to become a JUNKER, for he believes that his mysterious past is in someway connected to the Snatchers.

Full Article (very in depth)

Last edited by Overkill : January 8th, 2005 at 08:53 PM.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #2
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I'm pretty sure I have this for the Turbo Duo, a system that doesn't even have a light gun. Weird.
Old January 8th, 2005, 11:51 PM   #3
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
I'm pretty sure I have this for the Turbo Duo, a system that doesn't even have a light gun. Weird.

It was released for the Turbo Grafix CD/Turbo Duo. However, it wasn't released domestically. I'm sure that the shooter part is just using the cursor with the D-pad. When I first played this game that's how I did it. I still don't have a Genesis light gun. If I could find a complete Menacer, however, I'd jump all over it.
Old January 9th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #4
pistolguy

pistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of lightpistolguy is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 32
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to pistolguy
I had this on my sega cd. I'll never forget that shower scene. The light gun parts sucked, the screen was gridded for those who didn't have a gun and it didn't seem to be as accurate with the light gun sensor as lethal enforcers was. The story had a couple of real twists and this is on sega cd game I really miss. Reminds me how much fun I had with the two lethal enforcer games on the system and my two light guns.

pistolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Overkill
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill
It was released for the Turbo Grafix CD/Turbo Duo. However, it wasn't released domestically. I'm sure that the shooter part is just using the cursor with the D-pad. When I first played this game that's how I did it. I still don't have a Genesis light gun. If I could find a complete Menacer, however, I'd jump all over it.

Boo... I got a Menacer and this game only works with the Konami gun.
Old March 5th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Exclamation Boo... I got a Menacer

Points and laughs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: