ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old January 7th, 2005, 04:42 AM   #1
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Resident Evil 4 is the TRUTH

Quote:
10 Presentation
Phenomenal. Outstanding. From the slick menus to the cinematic cut-scenes, the new play types and the buyable extras, this is Resident Evil at its best.

9.5 Graphics
Superb. Unequaled art. Technically in a league of its own. Gorgeous character models, environments, animation, lighting and texture effects. GameCube's prettiest title. Faked widescreen hurts.

9.0 Sound
Atmospheric and ambient. Heart-thumping sound effects and moody music, all in Dolby Pro Logic II.

9.5 Gameplay
The best Resident Evil game ever made. Truly intense. Lots of new compelling gameplay types. Excellent new targeting and action systems. Boss fights are incredible. Satisfying quest.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
At 20-plus hours, a meaty single-player adventure. And because the game tallies hit ratios and kills per area, there's records to be beaten. Plus, there are unlockables.

9.8 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Instantly purchased upon arrival.
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #2
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: 12
Arrow

I think i'll wait till it hits the bargin bin...I don't think i'm gonna ever buy another game right when it comes out ever again...
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow I don't think i'm gonna ever buy another game right when it comes out ever again...

Seriously. Unless some shit I REALLY want comes out at $24.99 or less, or is multiplayer (In which case I'd pay more), I'm waiting for the price drop. I stopped purchasing games at release back in the Saturn days.
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:21 AM   #4
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
next Tuesday can't come soon enough! (and Zelda the day before that whoohoo!)
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #5
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I think about it, I never bought games on release. Even back in the day it was just a matter of purchasing them I saw them. Hell, I barely read gaming magazines -- games used to be a "surprise" when they appeared on store shelves. Man, those were the days.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
Now that I think about it, I never bought games on release. Even back in the day it was just a matter of purchasing them I saw them. Hell, I barely read gaming magazines -- games used to be a "surprise" when they appeared on store shelves. Man, those were the days.
hahaha. I haven't waited to buy games since I was a kid, because back then I had no money, and games usually came in the form or birthday or christmas gifts. Now that I have the flow, I usually buy on release. If its a "maybe" game, I'll wait until I see it on the shelf.

I used to spend my lunch hours at the mall in junior high looking at game mags wishing I could play all the games featured inside...and yeah, those were the days. Lack of games to play made me appreciate the ones I had
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #7
SPIDERone

SPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura aboutSPIDERone has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 63
Cant wait for it - I just hope its really that good (If I recall, IGN Gave halo 2 the same score).

Its the one game I kept my gamecube for, and I'm just hoping its not another resident evil 0
SPIDERone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #8
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Even with the money flow, it's hard for me to buy $50 games. Most of the time I just don't feel the game is worth that much.

Incidentally, I don't have as much time to play games anymore, so it takes me a lot longer to beat my games. Therefore by the time I move on to the next one the price has usually dropped on the ones I want.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #9
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave
Even with the money flow, it's hard for me to buy $50 games. Most of the time I just don't feel the game is worth that much.
Since I actually see how much it costs to make games these days, a game is reasonably priced at $40 a pop. Any less then that, and there wouldn't be any games to play, especially for smaller developers.
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #10
CEC

CEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enoughCEC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Aeon Storm wrote:
Lol, I remember that with Double Dragon. I loved that game in the arcades---and I remember the day I walked into Toys R Us and saw it on the shelf for the NES!!! Best suprise ever as I didn't even realize it was going to be released for a home system!!----that is ofcourse until I got home and actually played what may be the worst arcade to console conversion ever
CEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #11
Aeon Storm

Quote:
Since I actually see how much it costs to make games these days, a game is reasonably priced at $40 a pop. Any less then that, and there wouldn't be any games to play, especially for smaller developers.
I agree that $40.00 is a reasonable price, but I doubt that games wouldn't be developed anymore were they priced any lower. I think there would just be less flash and Hollywood production quality titles out there. There are decent freeware games and mods that people make just for kicks after all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything's wrong with $50+ games, I just purchase too many to even consider paying that much anymore. Back in the day it wasn't unusual for me to drop $50+ bucks on a Genesis title every few weeks. But then I only purchase about a dozen a year, and they were the sort of games that you could play pretty much forever. Shit, I still play many of them today. But now I'll purchase a dozen games in a just over a month, and most of them have only a fraction of the replay value of yesteryear's titles.

If the cube were my only console and I had no intention of adding another this generation, I'd probably pay the debut asking price. The truth is, there are a few games this generation I wouldn't mind paying a lot for, and I still pay up to 50 bucks for rare PC Engine and Saturn imports, sometimes more.

Quote:
Lol, I remember that with Double Dragon. I loved that game in the arcades---and I remember the day I walked into Toys R Us and saw it on the shelf for the NES!!! Best suprise ever as I didn't even realize it was going to be released for a home system!!----that is ofcourse until I got home and actually played what may be the worst arcade to console conversion ever
What, you didn't like collecting hearts?

Last edited by Aeon Storm : January 7th, 2005 at 01:14 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #12
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Thumbs down 9.8...?

Let's see... No recent Nintendo titles have blown up. The system is last in sales. The holiday rush is essentially over.

Yup, I'm convinced. The review score was bought.
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #13
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
IGN rates everything high.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM   #14
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Send a message via AIM to fgarriel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
IGN rates everything high.
I guess when you're high, you're more likely to rate things highly too.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #15
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
There's no reason not to be excited about this.

IGN - 9.8/10
GameSpy - 5/5
GMR - 10/10

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #16
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 176
Send a message via AIM to erp Send a message via MSN to erp
I've had high hopes for this game. But I'll have to wait til May when I have access to a GameCube.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #17
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Not just overrated. Gamespy and GMR both gave it perfect scores, something they dont do that often.
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #18
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

They won't be saying that IGN was bought out once like every single publication has dropped near perfect scores.

Old January 7th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #19
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry

I used to spend my lunch hours at the mall in junior high looking at game mags wishing I could play all the games featured inside...and yeah, those were the days. Lack of games to play made me appreciate the ones I had

Ditto.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Symytry again.

"No federal employee lost their job during the sequester."
- Exodus (8/11/2013)

"I never said that zero had been sequestered."
- Exodus (8/15/2013)
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #20
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill
Ditto.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Symytry again.
Yeah, but back then you had so many friends you all made sure somebody ended up getting it and then chilled at his house that week. Heheh... or atleast that's the way we did it. The good ol' days.

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #21
cagmere
Administrator

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 47
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Oh man I can't fucking wait. It's finally almost here!
cagmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #22
Xeo

yeah man... i really haven't been this excited for a game in a long ass time. especially a single player only game. this is gunna' be a special one.

Old January 8th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #23
Aeon Storm

Quote:
Let's see... No recent Nintendo titles have blown up. The system is last in sales. The holiday rush is essentially over.

Yup, I'm convinced. The review score was bought.
What do the sales figures for the Gamecube have to do with the reviews for "Resident Evil 4"? I don't understand where you're coming from with that one; because the 'cube is in third place in sales doesn't translate to no one can produce a great game for the platform.
Old January 8th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #24
Zach

Zach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enough

Damn I clicked this topic expecting to see it started by U2Kcrack-head
Old January 8th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #25
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
What do the sales figures for the Gamecube have to do with the reviews for "Resident Evil 4"? I don't understand where you're coming from with that one;
Who gets into business to be last?

Quote:
because the 'cube is in third place in sales doesn't translate to no one can produce a great game for the platform.
Where did I say it did?
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: