ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old January 6th, 2005, 11:04 PM   #1
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
"Mobile Light Force 2"

Man, I avoided this game like the plague until I realized that it's actually an edited domestic released of the Japanese, vertical shooter "Shikigami no Shiro" with some of the worst, most misleading American cover art I've EVER seen:

"Mobile Light Force 2" ->

"Shikigami no Shiro" ->

Moreover, this game has absolutely NOTHING to do with "Mobile Light Force 1" which is a port of a completely different game (Gunbird2), and neither of them have ANYTHING to do with the god awful cover art, which they both share.

At any rate, "Castle Shikigami 2" was recently released in the States, so IF you're a fan of Japanese, arcade style shooters (a fading niche genre) and planned on picking it up, you may as well purchase "Mobile Light Force 2". I doubt it's more than $14.99 anywhere, and it's classic, old school shooter goodness.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : January 6th, 2005 at 11:07 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Acidevil

Acidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura aboutAcidevil has a spectacular aura about

Live!: Acidevil
PSN: deadBit

Games Owned: 165
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Acidevil Send a message via Yahoo to Acidevil Send a message via Skype™ to Acidevil
You've gotta be shitting us. I've never given the "Mobile Light Force" games a look simply because the cover art looked like ass. You're correct, you'd never think its a shooter.
Acidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow You're correct, you'd never think its a shooter.

It's like they WANTED to lose money or something. These "Charlie's Angels" wannabes who appear on the cover don't even exist. The game has 6 or so selectable Japanese Anime style characters who fly and shoot in traditional overhead shooter fashion.

I don't know what the fuck is up with that cover art.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : January 6th, 2005 at 11:56 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 02:21 AM   #4
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
unfortunately the games aren't very good either. I picked up Castle Shikigami 2 for $15 new at EB about a month ago. I played it once, and realized I should have put that $15 into Alien Hominid instead.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #5
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
They probably would have sold more copies if it had some cutesy Japanese anime girl on the cover. I knew a guy who would buy just about any PS2 game as long as it had anime on the cover.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6
Aeon Storm

Arrow

Quote:
I knew a guy who would buy just about any PS2 game as long as it had anime on the cover.
...and he went by the handle; "Aeon Storm".
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #7
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
They probably would have sold more copies if it had some cutesy Japanese anime girl on the cover. I knew a guy who would buy just about any PS2 game as long as it had anime on the cover.
that is what's on the cover of CSII
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #8
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Its funny, cuz that lousy cover kept me from even considering the game. You wonder sometimes who makes these marketing decisions...

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #9
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Its funny, cuz that lousy cover kept me from even considering the game. You wonder sometimes who makes these marketing decisions...
I don't wonder, I know who makes them! Stupid uneducated people in buniess suits who know fuck all about gamers and are only interested in the money they think they can make.
Old January 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Arrow Its funny, cuz that lousy cover kept me from even considering the game.

Seriously. I NEVER even bothered to pick up the case and turn it around to see what the game even looked like, much less read anything about it on-line or in mags. In the end I can't even remember what made me investigate it, but I had to shake my head at what I discovered. At any rate, since I actually love these types of shooters, I ended up buying MLF 2 for $5.99 online, and MLF1 (GunBird 2) for the PSone for $6.99 at Gamestop.

These games would have sold 10 times as many copies (which still would have been a huge number, but fuck) if they would have kept the original names and cover art.

Quote:
I know who makes them! Stupid uneducated people in buniess suits who know fuck all about gamers and are only interested in the money they think they can make.
If they only knew about the money that they loose doing stupid shit like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: