ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old September 15th, 2004, 08:29 AM   #1
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Games Wanted: 0
Lightbulb Prime 2 Box Art

From IGN:

September 13, 2004 - IGN Cube recently acquired official box art for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. While missing the final rating, the package shot appears final and should be exactly what you'll be hunting for come November. The official box art comes amidst a slew of fan-made art that has been popping up all over the web.

While some of these unofficial art pieces incorporated the light/dark theme seen in Echoes through lavish action shots, the designers behind the official package settled on a simple depiction of Echoes' new dichotomy.

Without further adieu, here's the official shot:

PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #2
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Meh.

NA box art sucks most of the time.
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
That box art's terrible. But as stated, North American box art usually does.
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #4
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
As far as NA boxart goes, it's not that bad (Ico anyone?). I'd like to see just about anyone here top it...
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #5
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
As far as NA boxart goes, it's not that bad (Ico anyone?). I'd like to see just about anyone here top it...
If I was given some untainted vector art and the character sheet for Samus Aran along with about 5 hours of free time, I could do a better job.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #6
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
I'm a graphic designer and I don't think I would having any trouble toping that steaming pile.
Old September 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #7
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Thumbs up Make your own

Post em, I'm really interested in seeing your own Box Art of Metroid Prime 2 compared to this one....actually I think i'll make a new post.
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #8
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
Here is a homemade MP2 box art a guy from GA did. All he used was photoshop.

Another one

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”

Last edited by Korr : September 15th, 2004 at 07:38 PM.
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #9
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow I'd like to see just about anyone here top it...

As many artists and designers as there are here, it wouldn't be a revelation. I didn't think that the art for Ico was that bad, it was just weak compared to the Japanese version. That box art for Metroid Prime 2 is straight vanilla.

Much better IMO; both actually.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : September 15th, 2004 at 07:42 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #10
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
I like that second one that Korr posted. If you were able to see Samus's eyes through that face shield, it would have been even better. simillar to some of the stills from Metroid Fusion. those were awesome shots.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:27 PM   #11
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

All the ones posted so far are just other people's art photoshopped together in interesting ways. Let's see something from the ground up...
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #12
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I saw this one featuring John Q. Consumer on the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	5452  
Old September 16th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #13
Groo the Wanderer

Brilliant!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: