ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #1
DefMATRIXense

DefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond reputeDefMATRIXense has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: ShadowBigBoss

Games Owned: 25
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to DefMATRIXense
Sega CD

What were the great games for sega cd? because I never play those games.. any suggestion?
Old July 10th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #2
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Anything made by Working Designs is a good start: "Vay", "Popful Mail", "Dark Wizard", "Lunar: The Silver Star" and "Lunar: Eternal Blue", those all pretty good games. If you're into point and click adventures, "Rise of the Dragon" is decent, as is "The Mansion of Hidden Souls". "Time Gal" is a pretty good (my favorite) FMV game as is "Night Trap" for the cheese factor alone -- however since you're deaf it would be nearly unplayable, as the dialog is essential to the gameplay.

As shooters go, "Robo Aleste" is decent, as is "Android Assault: The Revenge of Bari-Arm", "Soul Star" and to a lesser degree "Sol-Feace". "Final Fight CD" is much better than the Super Nintendo version, but nothing you can't already get on MAME.

If you've never played the "Ecco" series on the Genesis, "Ecco the Dolphin" and "Ecco the Tides of Time" are both worth picking up. The same with "Dungeon Explorer" if you haven't already played it on the TurboGrafx16.
Old July 10th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #3
BigTime

BigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the rough

Live!: lamegamertag

Games Owned: 14
Lunar was fucking great. Don't forget Snatcher and Sonic CD as well.
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:05 PM   #4
UnREALlifer

UnREALlifer is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
goodtimes with SEGA CD

snatcher was good. It had a buddy named METAL GEAR .ALSO the original MORTAL KOMBAT CD was awesome better than the snes/genesis versions
UnREALlifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:21 AM   #5
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Silpheed is a fantastic Sega CD shooter. Very innovative.

It looks like a fully 3D shooter, but in reality the backgrounds are a streaming movie off the CD. Only the objects in the foreground are rendered on the fly.

It's very intense, very difficult, and to this day, very fun.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #6
Zach

Zach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enoughZach will become famous soon enough

Maybe you can help me DG

I have been looking for a particular shooter on sega CD for a looong time. I am not sure if its slipheed, but for some reason I think it starts with an X - but I am probably wrong.

Its a shooter, horizontal I believe, an dits in space. It has like a side-panel that lists your ship status etc.. and as you take damage it updates, warnings go off, etc.. It was just very cool but I only saw it once.

Do you have any idea what this game might be ?
I must have it !

edit/ been looking at slipheed shots, and I don't think it is it.. I -think- the status panel was from top to bottom.

Last edited by Zach : July 15th, 2004 at 11:45 AM.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Wasn't there a Shining Force game on the Sega CD? Or was it a remake of the first or second game on the Genesis?
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:43 PM   #8
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
Mortal Kombat CD was badass except for the stupid half second loading time before a fatality.

Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side was pretty sweet.

I also enjoyed Rebel Assault, WWF Rage In The Cage, and Demolition Man.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:07 AM   #9
Kev

Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 36
Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective was one of the most innovative "FMV" games I ever played. Basically, you went around interviewing people and they'd give you audible clues as to what you were supposed to do next - no inventory or "You Found a Clue!" pop-ups or anything like that.

The only downside was the acting was so bad a mate and I missed a vital clue because we were laughing so hard at one guy's Dick Van Dyke "cockerneee bantah..."

And the actor playing Holmes seemed to have a cold, as he kept talking about reading "duh Luhndum Tibes..."

And Night Trap was great fun. Especially when all the girls sang the "Don't you get caught in the NIGHT TRAP!" song and one picked up a tennis racket and played it as an air guitar...

Cheers,

Kev
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #10
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
Maybe you can help me DG

I have been looking for a particular shooter on sega CD for a looong time. I am not sure if its slipheed, but for some reason I think it starts with an X - but I am probably wrong.

Its a shooter, horizontal I believe, an dits in space. It has like a side-panel that lists your ship status etc.. and as you take damage it updates, warnings go off, etc.. It was just very cool but I only saw it once.

Do you have any idea what this game might be ?
I must have it !

edit/ been looking at slipheed shots, and I don't think it is it.. I -think- the status panel was from top to bottom.

I'm pretty sure that's Silpheed.

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...light=silpheed

Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #11
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
Wasn't there a Shining Force game on the Sega CD? Or was it a remake of the first or second game on the Genesis?

It was actually a remake of the Game Gear versions.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #12
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Ah, okay. I have Shining Force: Sword of Hayja (sp), and I really like it. I never played the other. Wasn't there one other Game Gear Shining Force game, but it was only released in Japan?
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #13
lmhstalker

lmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 127
I'd bust out my Sega CD just to play Sonic CD if I knew where the disc was.
lmhstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM   #14
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 31
Sega CD sucks ass. Serious, ride with 32x yo and grab spiderman and you set for life. I gotta get my hand on some more 32x games, infact the whole collection. In due timeeeeeeee.
U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #15
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.2.K.
Sega CD sucks ass. Serious, ride with 32x yo and grab spiderman and you set for life. I gotta get my hand on some more 32x games, infact the whole collection. In due timeeeeeeee.
Why don't you start up some new 32x games, like you are with the Dreamcast!
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM   #16
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 31
Nope. My main focus dealing with the future of gaming is "Dreamcast and its rebirth" and the xbox. I wanna get people to do some xbox games for me in the future too, its only 1 game for the dreamcast that i plan on releasing on the xbox and that is the GTA clone i was talking about couple months ago. The rise & Fall: TBA

Its gonna be the second best gta clone ever, 4 cds for dreamcast and 2 cds for the xbox. The 4 disc pack for the dreamcast will cost everybody 20 bucks, instead of 15 and the xbox version will be 19.99. Good time for real, just gonna take time, but mark my words, its on. If you think about tho, its a pretty good idea to bring the dreamcast back in way , where people can buy some new games for the system. I always wanted to do it, ever since the dreamcast died, i got mad for real. So i was like, one day i will get enough money, talk to people, and its on. So its close, just gotta do more talking and get a little bit more money. And besides i wanna start to get in a position to change the world first , and do the dc thing later on.

Thats why i was like, its a side project because its for fun, its something i will do and work on in my spare time. You feel what i'm saying.

U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: