ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:07 PM   #1
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Games Wanted: 0
Guardian Heroes Officially Unveiled

from magic box

Quote:
Sega has officially announced Advance Guardian Heroes for GameBoy Advance, the game was release revealed by Treasures in April. This game is a sequel of Guardian Heroes for Sega Saturn in 1996, and it will ship in Japan on September 22.
well now we have it in stone, or writing at least. Although I wonder when Sega will release it here?
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:35 PM   #2
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
It'll probably be a crappy card battle game.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:05 PM   #3
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow

I'm the only person I know who's played "Gaurdian Heroes" and didn't care for it (shit...I hated "Streets of Rage" as well), and I'm about the biggest SEGA fan you'll find here. I hope this new one's more appealing.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
I'm the only person I know who's played "Gaurdian Heroes" and didn't care for it (shit...I hated "Streets of Rage" as well), and I'm about the biggest SEGA fan you'll find here. I hope this new one's more appealing.
Well I think you have to be more of a Treasure fan to love Guardian Heroes... I loved my Saturn back in the day, and I still think it had some of the best gaming experiences of the era, but I no longer own Guardian Heroes. Maybe someday I'll buy it back, but I highly doubt it. I'm becoming far less of a collector these days, I just traded in about 15 games! There's a few though, that I won't ever get rid of.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:48 PM   #5
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow Well I think you have to be more of a Treasure fan to love Guardian Heroes...

I am a Treasure fan...but I still don't like Gaurdian Hereos. The ugly ass blocky/pixely graphics and the way that you moved from one level of the playfield to another by jumping were what I hated about the game.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:51 PM   #6
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
I am a Treasure fan...but I still don't like Gaurdian Hereos. The ugly ass blocky/pixely graphics and the way that you moved from one level of the playfield to another by jumping were what I hated about the game.
well then you're in luck for the requel because they've removed the foreground, middleground and background playing layers and replaced them with just one.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:08 PM   #7
Aeon Storm

Question

One that you can "move around" I take it? It'd probably be sorta' shitty if there was only one and you could only move forward and back ala "Last Battle".
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:16 PM   #8
Symytry

yeah I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Last Battle style. That's just suicide.
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #9
Symytry

first shots of the game

the first screens of the game can be seen here
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Unhappy Hmmm...

It doesn't look that great to me so far...
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #11
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Only 3 selectable characters, kiddified, and no apparent connection to the former characters.

The "boss" enemy shown in the first pic looks like one form the original game though.

Dumbed down graphics + kiddy look + changed characters (and likely resulting story) = no interest.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:49 PM   #12
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
All 3 of those characters look the same, but with different clothing. I expected alot better from Treasure
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #13
Aeon Storm

Arrow I expected alot better from Treasure

I don't know why...it's "Guardian Heroes" on the Game Boy Advance after all. :O)

I wish they'd have sank this effort (times 3) into one of their signature shooters for the GBA instead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: