ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old May 25th, 2004, 01:51 AM   #1
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
Games Wanted: 0
Been playing Metroid Prime...

My brother just bought a Gamecube, so I've been hitting up the Metroid Prime. This game plays spectacularly. Very intense, very clever. I never thought I'd enjoy an FPS this much.

Even so, as much as I enjoy Metroid Prime, I'd probably rather be playing a 2D Metroid.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Xpepepac

Xpepepac is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
yeah i played it last week
it's a wicked game, but it gets fuckin hard. i was goin through the phazon mines for a good 2 and half hours. the enemies get tough, really tough, especially when they are cloaked, and come in packs of 2-3. they just shred ya to shit. they tore me to shit anyways...it was the first time i played the game for around 6-8 months, so my metroid skills had gotten pretty rusty. i faced tons of enemies and a couple mini bosses for 2 and half hours, with no save spots in between. it was getting pretty tense, cause i only had 40 health for about an hour. i ended up getting the power bomb though, and was able to get to a save spot...which is good cause i was an inch away from turning the damn thing off and losing 2.5 hours of play.
i hope they bring in more save spots in the next game though.
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #3
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

I recently got back to playing MP after not playing since it came out. Still an amazing game and lots of fun. I'm near the end now and working on trying to finish it.

The phazon mines was the first area I had trouble with. The space pirates there really come at you and, as you pointed out, there's a long gap between save spots.

I still can't get over how polished the game is. Every area, every aspect of the game has been totally thought through.
bitWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #4
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Yeah I felt the same way Groo. I was very skeptical at first, but after playing it and getting into it, I thought that it was the perfect way to take Samus into 3D.

I like 2D Metroid games as well, but I seriously think 2D gaming is going to become a rarity after the PSP launches. Everyone is so "Nintendo is holding back the handlheld market by not making it 3D!!!" But really....some games were just plain MEANT to be that way. That's why I love my SP...2D gaming goodness
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:24 AM   #5
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
Wow, MP just keeps getting better the more I play. The only gripe I have is that the control scheme is perfect for exploring and fighting primitive enemies, but it's a little clunky for boss battles.

One of my favorite elements of the game so far is "scanning" everything I can. I love having stuff added to my DB.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #6
m3k

m3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enoughm3k will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to m3k
One of the best games i've ever played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christfollower
I like Anal sex!
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #7
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
One of my favorite elements of the game so far is "scanning" everything I can. I love having stuff added to my DB.
The more you scan, the better. If you scan enough stuff you open up unlockable art galleries. If you have a GBA with Metroid Fusion you can take your Fusion suit into Prime as well.
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #8
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
It is proably one of the best Metroid games I've longed to play since "super metroid" on the super nes that was nearly 10 years ago.

awesome graphics, awesome perespective of view, and awesome weapons...everything is just plain awesome.

I especially loved using the x-ray vision...so perfect to use in battle with the ghosts and stuff like that lol

But the game is pretty hard and confusing so I've used the stragetgy guide to help me get through the game quicker without so much confusion in my head lol but it was a very well challenged and experienced game I've longed to play ever since.

However, I just don't think this game has enough enemies that would most quickly be quick and to attack you when you are off guard or something like that you know? So maybe with the next Metroid game, I hope that there would be an improvement over the orginal which would try to contain more enemies than ever before. I just want to keep fighting and shooting endlessly until the end! that's what FPS games are for, after all...

(I know some of you don't consider this as a FPS, but it's just everyone's opinons anyway...)
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #9
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
But the game is pretty hard and confusing so I've used the stragetgy guide to help me get through the game quicker without so much confusion in my head lol but it was a very well challenged and experienced game I've longed to play ever since.
I'm not too sure what you are trying to say here, but Prime isn't anymore confusing than previous games in the series. They are made to be that way, it just wouldn't be Metroid otherwise.

Quote:
However, I just don't think this game has enough enemies that would most quickly be quick and to attack you when you are off guard or something like that you know? So maybe with the next Metroid game, I hope that there would be an improvement over the orginal which would try to contain more enemies than ever before. I just want to keep fighting and shooting endlessly until the end! that's what FPS games are for, after all...
But this is also a Metroid game, and Metroid games are more about puzzle solving and level design than shooting and killing. You'd be better off with Halo or Unreal Tournament 2k4...

Quote:
(I know some of you don't consider this as a FPS, but it's just everyone's opinons anyway...)
yeah it is FPS, fashioned from the Metroid franchise, which is why it is exactly as I described. Miyamoto made sure that Retro didn't go and screw things up. I hope the second is more of the first, and not more like every other FPS out there....which is usually MDK and more MDK.
Old June 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #10
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
I did not like this game at all when I played it. Reminded me of Jet Force Gemini for some reason
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: