ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

View Poll Results: Which DC game has stolen the most of your precious time?
Soul Calibur 2 7.41%
Sonic Adventure (1 or 2) 0 0%
Shenmue (Series) 1 3.70%
Crazy Taxi (Series) 4 14.81%
Skies of Arcadia 2 7.41%
Phantasy Star Online (Series) 6 22.22%
Sega Sports (Series) 6 22.22%
Other (please elaborate) 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 1st, 2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Arrow What DC game have you clocked in the most hours with?

With the dreamcast now officially taking a backseat behind the newer platforms in most of our homes (lets face it, there's only so much room under that TV!) Its safe to say that from most of us, it won't be getting the majority of our gaming attention.

That being said, what DC game do you think youve clocked in the most time with? I put what I assume to be the most popular choices in the poll listing, but if you select "other" (which I assume most of you will, just be be different), please feel free to elaborate.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:34 AM   #2
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

oh, and for the record, I gotta go with Shenmue. Hundreds of hours, easy... And DAMN- Im still looking for that man in the black car! Have you seen a black car??

~Bill Hicks
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM   #3
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally posted by Indra
oh, and for the record, I gotta go with Shenmue. Hundreds of hours, easy... And DAMN- Im still looking for that man in the black car! Have you seen a black car??
Hundreds??

Shit... I think that was like a 25 hour game or something.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:20 AM   #4
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 690
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
"I need to find the keeeey, where is the keeeey, where could it beeee?"
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:06 AM   #5
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 47
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
NBA2k1.
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:50 AM   #6
Shin Shinobi Ryo

Shin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura about

Live!: Drifter Sengen
PSN: drifter_sengen

Games Owned: 937
Games Wanted: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Shin Shinobi Ryo
PSO. Well over 300+ hours logged
Shin Shinobi Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 10:02 AM   #7
Indra

LOL. well, maybe Im exagerating, but I played through number one 3 times and change, and number 2 twice so far.

~Bill Hicks
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:59 PM   #8
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
I would say "Shenmue" as it was proably one of the games I've spent most hours on than the others...it was great so I'm waiting for Shenmue III (I'm playing Shenmue II on Xbox now )
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM   #9
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
Quote:
Originally posted by Overkill
Hundreds??

Shit... I think that was like a 25 hour game or something.
took me like two and half weeks to finish this game
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM   #10
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Skies of Arcadia for me. Easily one of my favorite RPGs of all time! I'm actually thinking about starting all over again, and trying to find all the characters, and finding all the disoveries.
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:02 PM   #11
SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 286
Phantasy Star Online by hundreds of hours. I think I stopped on DC at around 400 and I still mess with it on GC.
SpiderJerusalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:25 PM   #12
twohandtouch

twohandtouch is on a distinguished roadtwohandtouch is on a distinguished road

Live!: barryhill

Games Owned: 70
NFL2k1, followed by F355 Ferrari Challenge.
twohandtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2004, 03:20 AM   #13
LegendaryU.2.K.

LegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these partsLegendaryU.2.K. is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 15
Well i just got a used dc couple days ago, and im playing alot of ncaa2k2(which btw looks real), and max steel. Im tying to get fighting vipers 2 tho, i should have it real soon
Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:04 AM   #14
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
...I've spent the most time w/Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Jet Set Radio. Currently I'm playing Soul Reaver though.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 12:37 PM   #15
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Easily Crazy Taxi.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:12 PM   #16
MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to beholdMixMasterMike is a splendid one to behold

Live!: MixMasterMike

Games Owned: 4
Games Wanted: 3
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterMike
NBA2K1
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #17
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
Quote:
Originally posted by Aeon Storm
Easily Crazy Taxi.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #18
Shin Egg Robo X

Shin Egg Robo X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 23
Probably a good 200+ hours logged into Crazy Taxi. It got to the point where I'd get over $100k in the game on Arcade and $130k or so in the Original mode.
Shin Egg Robo X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:16 AM   #19
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 186
Just off the top of my head, I'd have to say Resident Evil Code Veronica. Never did finish that one.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #20
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
Top 3 would probably be NFL2k1, NFL2k2, Quake 3 arena

I loved Q3A because DC'ers were already at a disadvantage using a thumb stick to aim online when PC'ers would play on DC servers, but I owned them mass on rail servers
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #21
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Just off the top of my head, I'd have to say Resident Evil Code Veronica. Never did finish that one.
You really should. It's arguably the best installment (though the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube is awesome).
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:03 PM   #22
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 47
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
I liked Code Veronica the best, one of the reasons being the fact that it was the only game so far in the series that didn't have the fixed camera...not to mention innovative puzzles and tight controls.
Old March 9th, 2004, 10:23 PM   #23
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
NFL2k1 got like 90% of my online playing time.
Old March 12th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #24
CheeeseHead20
Staff Member

CheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura aboutCheeeseHead20 has a spectacular aura about

Live!: CheeeseHead20

Games Owned: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by cagmere
NBA2k1.
CheeeseHead20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #25
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
I went ahead and voted for Soul Calibur, but it easily could have been Virtua Tennis, or possibly even Seaman. My DC didn't live long enough to give me hundreds of hours of joy with any game.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: