ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old September 9th, 2003, 05:21 AM   #1
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Where were you....

...On this day in 1999?

I was ditching school at Metrocenter mall in Phoenix, where Bill and Ted was filmed, picking up my new Dreamcast, extra controller, VMU, Sonic Adventure, and Soul Calibur... right after my girl friend at the time dumped me.

Happy birthday Dreamcast.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #2
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
I was on my way to pick up Final Fantasy 8, when I saw NFL2K running on the big screen at EBGames(it was called Electronics Botique back than for ya youngens ).
I picked up a DC,NFL2k, Soul Calibur, and put my name on the list for Sonic Adventure- and still haven't picked up FF8...

I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep that night, In fact those first couple of weeks are as close to gaming euphoria as I've ever gotten
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 12:05 PM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
I went to class and stuff, and when I came home I was all over the forums seeing impressions, and reading up on all the Dreamcast happenings, waiting for my chance to get my console. It came two days later, when I was able to go out and get mine (09-11-1999).

*sigh* Still my favorite console of all time. Too bad its life was so short
Old September 9th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #4
packrat68

packrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 139
Send a message via ICQ to packrat68
I was lucky enough to have my DC at about 11 pm on Wednesday 8th of 1999. I registered my DC via modem before 12 midnight on the 8th. I played NFL2k till the wee hours of the morning and the next day I bought Sonic Adventure and Ready to Rumble boxing. Skipped all but one class and played all day...

One of my best memorys is booting up that DC and playing some football the next day and having a couple of neighbors step in after we were done and ask me who was playing the thursday night game... Not knowing that it was the DC on Demo mode

Edit: Happy 4th DC!
Rule #1

The Computer ALWAYS Cheats
packrat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #5
lmhstalker

lmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 127
I got mine on the 8th but more importantly... it's a damn shame a console didn't last four years, not even close.
lmhstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #6
packrat68

packrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enoughpackrat68 will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 139
Send a message via ICQ to packrat68
Whats a shame is the way it went down.. it wasnt because of superior hardware, it was because of the masses of sony hype drones who never gave it a chance.
Rule #1

The Computer ALWAYS Cheats
packrat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #7
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
I Reserved my dreamcast sometime in July and on the morning of 9/9/99 i sent my dad to pick up the dreamcast because i had school that thursday (like most kids)

I sold all of my super nintendo things and worked at random jobs to earn enough for a dreamcast. It was 8th Grade and instead of watching the VMA's that night...not like i missed anything anyway *shrug*

My first game was powerstone.
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #8
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
My first Dreamcast game was Sonic Adventure... I *think* my next game was NFL2K, but I can't totally remember.

I've bought more Dreamcast games then all of my other console games combined! and I still have them all
Old September 9th, 2003, 05:33 PM   #9
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I was in school and right when I got home, called EB to check if they got them in and they did, so went up and bought it
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:59 AM   #10
Orinoco Flow

Orinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 0
I bought my Dreamcast on 10Sep99 from WalMart. I can't remember what my first game was but it must have been either Hydro Thunder, Soul Calibur, Toy Commander, Re-Volt, or ChuChu Rocket. I'm betting it was Soul Calibur first and then Hydro Thunder.

Quote:
Originally posted by packrat68

Whats a shame is the way it went down.. it wasnt because of superior hardware, it was because of the masses of sony hype drones who never gave it a chance.
Naaaaah. Although that was a sizeable factor I think Sega could have dealt with that if not for the real major problem. Rather the real problem was how they replaced Bernie Stolar with Peter Moore. Moore is a real major bone head and he never had any vision or passion for the Dreamcast or even cared for it from the get go. It would be no big surprise if he wanted to shelve the Dreamcast from day one on the job. He certainly kept making decisions that were bad for keeping Sega in the hardware business. It's like his attitude was that Sega was already commited to the hardware before he came on so it was too late to go back on it and he was just playing it out long enough so the company wouldn't take too big a soaking but waiting for a chance when it'd be feasible to ditch the hardware. He certainly didn't put much effort into keeping it going. It's as if he believed from the start that the company's future was not in hardware but rather in software.
Orinoco Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:42 AM   #11
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Quote:
Toy Commander, Re-Volt, or ChuChu Rocket.
I don't beleive any of these three were launch titles, so that should help you narrow it down.

Quote:
Rather the real problem was how they replaced Bernie Stolar with Peter Moore.
I think there biggest problem was the shitty advertising. Should of had 30 seconds of in game NFL2K graphics, not the tripe they tried to pass as comedy.
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 07:15 PM   #12
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
I was a work on 9/9/99.

I took the day off for 9/10/99, walked right in to EB when it opened and picked up my pre-ordered DC. I had zero lines to stand in. Picked up Sonic Adventure, and Blue Stinger.

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #13
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
I was at work, probably. I had no interest in the DC until I saw NFL2k; which had me . After that, I had to get it.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #14
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
...I skipped my last college classes for the day and headed to the local EB w/Shin Ryo and picked up my pre-reserved Dreamcast, Soul Calibur, Hydro Thunder, Sonic Adventure, extra control pad, and VMU. It was a great evening.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #15
Big_PaPa_Moo

Big_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura aboutBig_PaPa_Moo has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 98
What is this Dreamcast you speak of?

JK, I never had one, but they did look pretty cool. I never played with the controller, but it look ungodly awkward. Besides that I learned not to buy Sega hardware a long time ago.
Big_PaPa_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 05:27 PM   #16
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally posted by Big_PaPa_Moo
What is this Dreamcast you speak of?

JK, I never had one, but they did look pretty cool. I never played with the controller, but it look ungodly awkward. Besides that I learned not to buy Sega hardware a long time ago.

Well, it wasn't, and you're missing out.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 06:26 PM   #17
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
I was ina HUUUUUUUGE line at EB starting on 9/8/99 around 10pm. It was an event and quite enjoyable.
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:51 AM   #18
SpiderJerusalem

SpiderJerusalem is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 286
Dreamcast day rocked! Mine was reserved so I went to pick it up around noon I think and got FFVIII, Sonic, and SoulCalibur with it. Then got to see NIN on whatever MTV bullshit awards that were on that night. It was a good day.
SpiderJerusalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:59 PM   #19
Swirlie

Swirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enough

Live!: N0REGARD4L1FE

Games Owned: 16
I told my boss that I had a family emergency, and that I had to leave work early to deal with it. Sucker!! I was home playing NFL2K, and that demo disc that came with the system. "Leeeeeeettttttss get ready to RUMMMMMMMBLEEEEEEEE! Afro Thunder was the shit!
Old November 29th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #20
KidRockDog

KidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond reputeKidRockDog has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to KidRockDog
Quote:
Originally posted by Big_PaPa_Moo
JK, I never had one, but they did look pretty cool. I never played with the controller, but it look ungodly awkward.
It molds to your hand like a fucking glove. Best controller ever.
KidRockDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #21
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 689
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally posted by KidRockDog
It molds to your hand like a fucking glove. Best controller ever.
Gives me hand cramps after extended use. Has something to do with the narrow "holds" of the controller.
Old November 29th, 2003, 06:51 PM   #22
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I was at home playing my imported Dreamcast.
Old November 29th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #23
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
I never bought a DC. I won mine in a NFL2K1/NBA2K1 tournament. In hindsight, I never would have bought one. I did enjoy the hell out of it though.
Old January 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #24
ScottK

ScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished roadScottK is on a distinguished road

On Dreamcast launch day I was waiting outside EB in my mall at 4am. EB didn't open until 6am and there were about 250 people waiting for them to open up. Around 5:30 an employee gave us all a piece of paper that we had to fill out which included a checklist of all available dreamcast items. We had to check the ones we wanted and then give them our sheet of paper and we got a number in return. At 6am they finally opened up, but only let 2 people in at a time as you had to wait until your number was called. They also had a mall security officer at the store.

I'm surprised that nobody said anything about the defective games at launch. There were like 20% of launch titles that were either blank discs or the dreamcast couldn't read them. With my dreamcast on launch day I bought NFL 2K, NFL Blitz 2000, Trick Style, Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, and Air Force Delta. NFL Blitz 2000 and Sonic Adventure were defective. I took Blitz back to Electronics Boutique (my eb was waldensoftware back then) and exchanged it for a working one. Sonic on the other hand I took back to KB Toys 4 times before the manager agreed to let me have a different title. I got another defective one all 3 previous times. I picked up Power Stone and also got $10 back as it was cheaper.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #25
Steel

Steel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these partsSteel is infamous around these parts

Live!: steelx360

Games Owned: 81
I got mine for my birthday in october and Sonic Adventure was my first game for the DC though.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: