ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Retro Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Retro Games For the retro gamer in you, system unspecific.

Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:26 AM   #1
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 47
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Retro games revived...

...what old classic would you guys like to see re-made, or have the series that was long ended, be revived for the next generation consoles? Personally, I am longing for a Streets of Rage 4...with online play.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:39 AM   #2
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
My answer to this question has been the same for years and I finally got an announcement of my wish coming true last week: Altered Beast.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 04:47 PM   #3
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
A Boy and His Blob.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Re: Retro games revived...

Quote:
Originally posted by cagmere
...what old classic would you guys like to see re-made, or have the series that was long ended, be revived for the next generation consoles? Personally, I am longing for a Streets of Rage 4...with online play.
Oh fuck yea, cag! I'ds love that! One of the games on my wish list, Vectorman, is already being done. Shinobi was also high on my list, and that's been done already too.

One game that I would absolutely love to have a sequal for is Comix Zone. Maybe it could happen on GBA, but I would really love a 2D version of it on Xbox or something. GBA just doesn't have enough buttons.

Hmmm.... What else...

Sword of Vermillion, an action RPG by Yu Suzuki. That kind of a battle system would be beautiful in 3D. Of course, Shining Force is long overdue for a 128-bit remake. NiGHTS 2 is long overdue as well. In the very first issue of ODCM there is an interview with Yuji Naka in which he says that NiGHTS 2 is in development. That's the first and last that I've heard of that project. Above all else, though, I need a new version of Panzer Dragoon Saga. I really connected with that game, and to this day I feel that it is the best game ever.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:59 PM   #5
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2031
Games Wanted: 8
Streets of Rage - keep it 2D please!

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:39 PM   #6
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally posted by Game Rogue
Streets of Rage - keep it 2D please!
What about 3D rendered characters and backgrounds in a side scroller? Like what Konami did with Contra.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Crystalis NES
Vectorman Genesis - Finally Coming!
Landstalker Genesis
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #8
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Question What about 3D rendered characters and backgrounds in a side scroller?

How about actually making it look good this time, and be somewhat different from every other boring game where you walk down the street and punch and kick at people?
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #9
hawk54321

hawk54321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 110
Shining Force

although coming out or out already is a shining game for gba, but it's not like the ones on Genesis

Ask a stupid person, get a stupid answer.

If it tastes good it's trying to kill you.

Sometimes words hurt more than a tightly balled fist.
hawk54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 08:57 PM   #10
Mets31

Mets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 29
Anybody ever heard of gaiairies? (I messed up on the spelling)
Mets31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:05 PM   #11
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow Anybody ever heard of gaiairies? (I messed up on the spelling)

You mean Gaiares, and it's easily one of my all time favorite shooters. I still play this game.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:07 PM   #12
Mets31

Mets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 29
It's still in my Genesis, but I haven't taken it out in like 6, 7 years.
Mets31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #13
BigTime

BigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the rough

Live!: lamegamertag

Games Owned: 14
Here ya go Mets31, I did an RGD on that game in December.

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...threadid=18061
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:01 AM   #14
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Considering Ecco has been updated already, Id love to see Nights on a new system
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:02 AM   #15
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...threadid=13459

I said Bomb Squad back then. I did make a small stand-alone, online Java game, but there wasn't much to it.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #16
Bingo

Bingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond reputeBingo has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: CHEAP SU1T

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Stgreets of age and American Gladikators hahaha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: