ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old October 5th, 2002, 12:20 AM   #1
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Racing has returned!!

I rented both NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 and Burnout 2: Point of Impact tonight... they are both GREAT!

First off, I've never played Burnout so I'm not sure how much "better" this 2nd installment is, but I'm enjoying it. Raze is correct. The sense of speed, coupled with the great handling that some of the cars offer, has been done VERY well. The "boost" that you can acheive is perfect. When you're in first person mode, the screen does that "stretch" thing, like in the movies. Nice touch! The car damage is THE best ever done in a video game, period. The only "negative" that I see in Burnout is that it borrows pretty heavily from the Gran Turismo series in that the menus look, feel and sound like the GT menus, with that familiar "bling" sound when you choose something. Other than that, it simply BLOWS away any racer I've played in the past few years.

Now, I've not played as much of NFS: HP2 as I have Burnout 2 tonight, but the one race I did complete has left a strong positive impression on me. Oh, how I've MISSED this great series! NFS was one of my fave racers on the PSX and it looks like it will continue to be so on the PS2. The graphics are very "NFS-ish", if you know what I mean... it's just unique in its stylings. A nice blend of textures. The controls are throwing me a learning curve at this point but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough. The weather effects are AWESOME and definitely get in the way of you making a clean getaway from Po Po. Oh, how are the cops in this edition? Well... let me just say, these ain't the same cops from the PSX version. These are like supercops or something! They are RELENTLESS. They're not as relentless as the border patrols of Smuggler's Run, but they're pretty darn close. Wait until you see how the helicopters try and take you out.

Anyhow, I think it's GREAT to have these two racers available for those who can appreciate them. Now Auto Modellista is bringing up the rear really fast. Most of you might be able to appreciate it as well. I have the Japanese release and am loving it. It's really just a VERY WELL cel-shaded GT3/Ridge Racer hybrid that handles and plays very well. No cops chasing you and no car damage to speak of, but if RACING is what you're into, then AM is just the ticket. Wait until you see the "wind" blowing by the car.
Old October 5th, 2002, 11:06 AM   #2
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
PSM raved about Need For Speed, so I've been curious to try it out. I enjoyed the first Burnout, though I ultimately returned it because I felt it was demanding too high a level of precision from me, but I've still wondered how B2 would turn out. And yeah, I'm intrigued by Auto Modellista too.

Given the number of other games coming out from this point on through the next 4 months, I'd be lucky if I got to any one of them, and much more likely to wait fr some price drops. It's always good to have a racer in the rotation, but they're not the games I anticipate.

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2002, 11:07 AM   #3
J33Edwards

J33Edwards is on a distinguished roadJ33Edwards is on a distinguished roadJ33Edwards is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 33
Send a message via AIM to J33Edwards
racing is the homo gay
Old October 5th, 2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Patrick Sutton

Patrick Sutton is on a distinguished roadPatrick Sutton is on a distinguished roadPatrick Sutton is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
I have Burnout 2 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. It's both great games! gotta love it!
Old October 5th, 2002, 10:00 PM   #5
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
WHoa! Missed this topic.

If you could only chose one which one would you chose?
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2002, 10:12 PM   #6
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher
WHoa! Missed this topic.

If you could only chose one which one would you chose?
Damn... that's touch actually! Well, I've been waiting for a new NFS title for a while. And I'm actually new to the Burnout series as I have not played the first installment. I like the "newness" of Burnout 2 but if I absolutely had to have one, it'd be NFS2. Not because NFS2 is better, but just because I've anticipated it's release for a while now.

Plus, Burnout 2 is coming out for the Xbox in 6 months.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: