ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old September 22nd, 2002, 12:12 AM   #1
BigTime

BigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the roughBigTime is a jewel in the rough

Live!: lamegamertag

Games Owned: 14
Games Wanted: 0
Gasp...Too many games!?!?

Damn I'm still playing NCAA 2003 and Mario, and here comes Star Fox Adventures next week. Not to mention I haven't yet played Animal Crossing and I still need to pick up Madden, and Eternal Darkness so I can finish that. I don't have the time or money right now to play all this stuff.
Old September 22nd, 2002, 12:38 AM   #2
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
I never thought I would see a post like this in a Nintendo forum!
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2002, 06:50 AM   #3
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2002, 07:37 AM   #4
MaesterMatthew

MaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 86
I haven't beaten SMS, and Starfox comes out Wednesday! I have the money, but where's the booth where you can buy time?! Jeez, I need to just sit down and play through my games and finish them all off...
MaesterMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2002, 01:21 PM   #5
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Well, let's see, I have more GC games than I do Xbox games, soooooo...
Old September 22nd, 2002, 01:41 PM   #6
MaesterMatthew

MaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond reputeMaesterMatthew has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Pahn
Well, let's see, I have more GC games than I do Xbox games, soooooo...
Me too...but I've also had the Cube since launch, and got my X-Box over a month ago. I got like 3 games at Gamcube launch, and have 3 games for my X-Box right now. I have about 8 Gamecube games now...
MaesterMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2002, 06:46 PM   #7
BLaZe-Ski

BLaZe-Ski is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 37
Damn, there are a lot of games. Too bad they lose my interest really quick. It's just because I played them to deat...maybe.

I realized that the bosses (smaller bosses) in Super Mario Sunshine didn't talk. That kind of sucked because I liked it in Mario 64 when they talked crap. I need a game with a damn soul! SMS had the dullest characters with no brains. Give me a damn story and great characters! I'm hoping Star Fox Adventures is the game.
Currently playing: FF Tactics, Ninja Five-O, MegaMan Zero 2
BLaZe-Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 01:40 PM   #8
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Re: Gasp...Too many games!?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTime
Damn I'm still playing NCAA 2003 and Mario, and here comes Star Fox Adventures next week. Not to mention I haven't yet played Animal Crossing and I still need to pick up Madden, and Eternal Darkness so I can finish that. I don't have the time or money right now to play all this stuff.
Looks to me like you could instantaneously drop NCAA 2003, and Madden and save yourself some time!
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2002, 03:20 PM   #9
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Us Xbox owners are in the same boat. Too many titles, too little time and / or money.

Just sell your Game Cube and get a PS2. No more worries.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2002, 03:42 PM   #10
Cowboybebop

Cowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 102
Quote:
Well it's true 13 and counting waitwhat's today....14 and counting
Old September 24th, 2002, 04:11 PM   #11
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Us Xbox owners are in the same boat. Too many titles, too little time and / or money.
Either you're REALLY broke or you're Punisher-like in your gaming tastes. The PS2 gets more quality titles in a month than the Xbox will get all year. I'm more right than you, cause more people agree with me. (Recall total system sales.)
Old September 24th, 2002, 04:46 PM   #12
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Either you're REALLY broke or you're Punisher-like in your gaming tastes. The PS2 gets more quality titles in a month than the Xbox will get all year. I'm more right than you, cause more people agree with me. (Recall total system sales.)
*LOL* That's the funniest thing I've read today, in this forum.
Old September 24th, 2002, 05:23 PM   #13
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Most people used to think the Earth was flat.
Old September 24th, 2002, 08:59 PM   #14
Pahn

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Most people used to think the Earth was flat.
The difference being, in your example, they were wrong. I think it's hard to deny that the PS2 has the broadest range of appeal.

On a side note, some guy was asking me whether he should get an Xbox or a PS2. I told him (among other things) that he'd find better graphics on the Xbox. He then immediately assumes that all PS2 games look like shit like it's comparing the Xbox to the Atari 2600 or something. I just quit talking to him and went back to my book.
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:11 AM   #15
DG

Quote:
I think it's hard to deny that the PS2 has the broadest range of appeal.

-Pahn
Actually I deny that. It has the broadest sales. It's range however is in question. Nintendo covers the kid market, Xbox has the adult market. The PS2 has (for the most part) the teenager market. The gaming population is aging. Once the Xbox gets more kid oriented games, (a few are on the way like Blinx and Tork), the Xbox will have the boadest range of appeal. It may NOT have the biggest sales numbers, however.

The best selling item isn't always the best.

If you go by sales numbers alone regarding appeal you'd have to say that the Mighty Gameboy has a far broader range of appeal than even your PS2.
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:17 AM   #16
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally posted by DG
If you go by sales numbers alone regarding appeal you'd have to say that the Mighty Gameboy has a far broader range of appeal than even your PS2.
well, except that the GB really does have the broadest range of appeal.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2002, 10:24 AM   #17
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Quote:
Nintendo covers the kid market, Xbox has the adult market. The PS2 has (for the most part) the teenager market.
Nah. You're just flattering yourself. Adults don't go after the latest fad. The folks who bought Halo are the same crowd who was playing Goldeneye.
scottt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2002, 11:34 AM   #18
DG

Adults who grew up playing games go after game machines.

I started playing games when I was around 12 years old. I'm 35 now and still playing games. Game machines have been around too long to be called a "fad".
Old September 25th, 2002, 01:37 PM   #19
Nightwarrior

Nightwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
"Put some Christians, Atheists with their religion of Evolution, and Muslims together in a room together to argue about the Bible. Hell, throw in some Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, and a few other religions for good measure. What do you get? Other than potential for a few homicides, not a whole lot. Nothing will ever get any resolution. "[/b]

Posted by OrinocoFlow...
Nightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2002, 07:05 PM   #20
Pahn

Quote:
Xbox has the adult market.
How do ya figure? The Xbox doesn't "have" ANY market. The PS2 already has games aimed towards the younger crowd, so it's clearly got the Xbox beat there. I guarantee that it has games for mature gamers too. Now maybe you're looking for The Geritol Game for Xbox, well...in that case, maybe it would have the Old Fart Gamer market. But that's it.
Old September 25th, 2002, 10:56 PM   #21
BLaZe-Ski

BLaZe-Ski is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 37
Quote:
Originally posted by DG

Once the Xbox gets more kid oriented games, (a few are on the way like Blinx and Tork), the Xbox will have the boadest range of appeal.
RRrright. Parents go to my store and I tell them there is jack shit for kids on the X-box. They know this before I even tell them. A couple games geared towards kids is not enough to sell the X-box to little kids.
Currently playing: FF Tactics, Ninja Five-O, MegaMan Zero 2
BLaZe-Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2002, 01:52 AM   #22
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Pahn...are you of the morons who when asked at www.gamefaqs.com

"What do you think of Microsoft buying Rare?"

Chose this answer;

It sucks! I hate Microsoft!"

???????
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2002, 11:26 AM   #23
Big_Bag_Man
Registered

Big_Bag_Man has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The funnything is he's right. The Xbox doesn't have*any* market right now, the PS2 is absolutely destroying it amongst the older gamers. They may have"second place in the adult market"... woopee.
Old September 27th, 2002, 11:03 PM   #24
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
where is the hard evidence for any of this?

Whatever number you come up with for PS2, subtract about 30%, because that is how many make their way back to my store (SEARS), on average. Not one XB has ever been returned. EVER. I could subtract more for people who own more than one (I met a kid today who is 8 and has one at his mom's house, his dad's house, and his grandmothers house), but that is pointless.

I bet you this much. On average, those of us who own an X box, enjoy it more than those who only own a PS2. I'll stake ANY amount of money on that.

The difference between XB (and NGC owners fit this description too), and PS2 owners is that people who generally bought an X box did so because of games we Personally wanted to play.

We did not buy one because: "that's what my boy down the street has" (this has to be the most stupid of all reasons to buy a console--because "everyone else is playing it")

We did not buy one because: "Well, I can play all 3 of my PS1 games on it"). How many PS2 owners even still play their PS1 games? Not many. I know I don't. My PS2's blue light hasn't been on in 5 months. I don't even know why I still have it (DMC2 maybe?).

People who bought XB and NGC bought them for games they wanted to play (friends be damned). And that is what makes both systems cool to me.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2002, 11:24 PM   #25
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
Quote:
I bet you this much. On average, those of us who own an X box, enjoy it more than those who only own a PS2. I'll stake ANY amount of money on that.
I'd ask for a certified deposit, but with comments like that your word isn't worth the amount I'll be spending on games in October.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: