ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > SEGA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEGA It's no longer thinking, but the occasional topic still pops up. Besides, the Dreamcast doesn't really feel old enough to be called Retro.

Old September 18th, 2002, 10:37 PM   #1
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 692
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Cheap DC games, worth it?

Circuit City has every DC game on sale for $10... Just wanted to get all of your guys' input on the games that I'm thinking about getting.

Floigan Brothers
Outtrigger

I'm aslo interested in PSO 1 and 2 (however, since they are coming to the cube I'm having my doubts) But can you still play either title online? Is there still a monthly fee?

Also snagged Evolution for $5 today... figured it was worth it at that price... like renting to own. =)
Old September 18th, 2002, 10:41 PM   #2
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
I only like one of those titles and it is Outtrigger. That game is an extreemly fast and furious killing spree. No where near Unreal Tournament and others of it's ilk but still very, very good.

God I HATED Evolution.

I have Floigan Brothers but have never played it.

PSO IMO should be POS.
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 12:06 AM   #3
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
When playing with people you know and can trust, PSO is a great game. Unless you're gonna take it online, tho, I wouldn't bother.

Floigan and Outrigger, enh. You could live without them and not suffer.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 12:41 AM   #4
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 415
Games Wanted: 4
Lightbulb Hmmm...

...I'll have to check my local Circuit City stores then. I would grab Outrigger for $10, but probably not Floigan (even though I heard it was decent). PSO kicks ass, with a revised ISP plan I may be able to play online again.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 02:01 AM   #5
Pugwash

Pugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura about

Live!: MrJ

Games Owned: 67
Can you play PSO off-line? Sorry if its a stupid question! Also, is there off-line play Bomberman Online?
Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 02:08 AM   #6
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
Flogian Brothers is an excellent, underrated game. Some of the best graphics on Dreamcast.

For $10, I'd say go for it. It's short, but I'd say it's worth it.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 07:28 AM   #7
Shin Shinobi Ryo

Shin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura aboutShin Shinobi Ryo has a spectacular aura about

Live!: Drifter Sengen
PSN: drifter_sengen

Games Owned: 960
Games Wanted: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to Shin Shinobi Ryo
Floigan Brothers is quite a fun title. I purchased it for $19 when it was first released and thought it was a steal at that price. Getting enough points to bribe Moigle(sp?) can be frustrating because some of the mini games are difficult. Tag may be the easiest and safest to play (you loose points if you don't win the game) but it offers the least amount of points earned (either 2 or 3 if I recall correctly). There were also supposed to be updates you could download monthly but I never tried it.
Shin Shinobi Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 11:19 AM   #8
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Pugwash
Can you play PSO off-line? Sorry if its a stupid question! Also, is there off-line play Bomberman Online?
Yes, you can... although it's not nearly as fun.
Old September 19th, 2002, 11:29 AM   #9
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
The Outtrigger demo was so bad I wouldn't touch the final with a 10 foot pole. Aweful interface, boring arenas. Terrible, terrible demo.

Is the full version ANYTHING like that wretched demo?
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM   #10
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Floigan Bros:
Outtrigger:
Evolution:
PSO without online:

If you're interested in playing PSO definitely get the GC version, there's more to it.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM   #11
Soupbones

Soupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud ofSoupbones has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 19
Send a message via Yahoo to Soupbones
Personally PSO on any system sucks shit I think,it's fucking retarded I think.I remember when I bought like my 4th Dreamcast and I got a new copy of PSO for free.I hated it,crappy everything,a green sword,a gun that shoots green balls...WTF is this shit!?!?!?!?!

I did however turn around and get PSO shrink wrapped like new,and sold it to some fucking moron for $30 and he couldn't play it cause PSO used that code thingy,lmao.

-Unknown
Soupbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 12:40 PM   #12
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

I never played Outtrigger demo. But I enjoy the full game. The arena's are small but I found that more fun as close quarters made things extreemly hectic but wild kind of fun.

I saw similar to the first power stone with the ability to decapitiate your opponent with a blade shooting gun!

It's cool IMO.
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Old September 19th, 2002, 01:30 PM   #13
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 415
Games Wanted: 4
Lightbulb

...sounds like you didn't invest much time into PSO soupbones. Online PSO kicks ass, offline it's entertaining but not nearly as rewarding.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2002, 09:42 PM   #14
The Punisher

I MAY...just MAY try PSO again with the Cube now that I have broad Banc. But I bet I still find it dull.

Old September 20th, 2002, 08:05 AM   #15
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
I'll be allover it when it hits for the Xbox, but I certainly won't be buying a cube just for that. I plan on picking up a Cube around Christmas time, but I think I'd prefer to buy my online games for the 'box...
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2002, 04:58 PM   #16
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 188
Get Outtrigger. For only $10 it's a steal.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2002, 03:03 AM   #17
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 692
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Also, how about Project Justice?

Got an 8.something at IGN... any good?
Old September 23rd, 2002, 05:54 PM   #18
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Originally posted by Viper
Also, how about Project Justice?

Got an 8.something at IGN... any good?
Its fun, kinda on the lighter side. You won't spend hours devoting energy to winning tactics n' shit, but for a quick bubblegum fighting fix it works just fine. Yeah give it a shot.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2002, 06:28 PM   #19
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Flogian Brothers could've been a good game, but the times action puzzles killed it for me.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: