ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old November 1st, 2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Post Mini Reviews

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies - 90%

hours played - 10

Very fun game. Great graphics(although not quite photorealistic like they claim on the back of the case) and awesome sound effects. Gameplay makes this game shine though. Highly reccommended for anyone, especially flight sim freaks.

Devil May Cry - 95%

Hours Played - 15

Don't listen to anyone who dares to compare this one to any survival horror games, its much, MUCH better than those POS games. Awesome enviornments and and solvable puzzles keep the gameplay fast paced so you can spend your time on more important things like beating the shit outta puppets and scissor ghost like things. Oh yeah, the combat system ROCKS!!

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex - 90%

Hours Played - 2

Haven't spent much time with this one yet but it looks great so far. It's pretty much the same as the last 3 though and it's missing something since Traveler's Tales took over development but it is still classic Crash.

Soul Reaver 2 - 88%

Hours Played - 1

Haven't played this one much either. Looks to be more of the same though. Graphics are not as impressive as I expected but they're still easy on the eyes. Can't comment much more than that as of yet.

THPS 3 - 100%

Hours Played - 10

Awesome, amazing, spectacular, blah, blah, blah... It's Tony Hawk, what did you expect? Graphics aren't really that great but it doesn't bother me at all. Animations are amazing though. Your skater actually looks more like a real life skater now with all the new moves, bails, and other animations. Other than that expect everything you saw from THPS 2 except much more in depth.

Gran Theft Auto 3 - 100%

Hours Played 40

I don't really need to explain why, I think the rest of this forum has said enough.

Silent Hill 2 - 72%

Hours Played - 20

I have never liked survival horror games but everyone else seems to love them so I keep on buying them as the newest and best ones come out expecting to see something in this genre but I never figure it out. Game goes like this... Find a weapon, kill a guy, solve a puzzle, kill some more guys, solve some more puzzles, watch a stupid cutscene. kill more guys, ect.... in other words, boring.

ICO - 96%

Hours Played - 20

Probably the most original game I've seen come along in a very long time. Take the world of Myst, make it 3D, add a main character and a secondary character that you have to drag along through everything(she is incapable of doing most of the moves that you can pull off, thus forcing you to find alternative ways for the both of you to get through certain areas). Gotta play it yourself to see what I'm talking about.

Kenetica - 82%

Hours Played - 8

It's no rollcage but it's decent. Interesting courses, fast speeds, and tricks make the game fun but my god, I don't know what they were thinking when they created the control for these racers. You press left... You go LEFT at about a 90 degree turn. It's a bit frustrating but believe it or not, it is possible to get used to it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Blitzkrieg (edited November 01, 2001).]
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2001, 09:34 PM   #2
SineWave

SineWave is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
I'll do some, a little bit of a different rating system for me though (the lame 1.0 to 10.0, 1 the lowest, 10 the best of course!).

Devil May Cry - 9.0

Good solid action game. The story sucks, but the gameplay makes up for it all. The controllers are wonderful, the animation is excellent, and the graphics overall are very good. Like you've heard before probably, its like what Castelvania 3-D should have been. The things that hamper the game are its length (rather short game, I know its action game, but I still want more) and the fixed camera angles that Capcom loves soo much. Great game overall, kick ass boss battles too!

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - 9.0

The gameplay is almost the same, the revert has been added, not as a big as the addition of the manual was in 2 though. The graphics are decent, nothing great, game runs very smooth I haven't run into any slowdown. Great level designs, they are huge. The game is fun as hell (especially with friends, horse always rocks), just like the others, plus it has unlimited replay value potential with online play (I've yet to try it).

Grand Theft Auto 3 - 9.5

This game simply rules! I didn't really like the first 2 that much, but this one is incredible. The graphics aren't great, but the gameplay and the huge size of the city make up for it. The missions are cool and really fun, but if you don't actually want to play the missions, you can screw around all you like and jack cars and avoid the cops. The music in this game rules, the radiostations are cool and clever, they really nailed what modern radio is like. This game has soo much replay value and its really fun, great game, highly reccomended.

Thats it until MGS2 for me (still thinking on CvS2 though)!

------------------
Nobody likes nothing, I certainly wish with all my heart that it did not exist. But wishing is not enough, we live in the real world where nothing does exist, we cannot just disinvent it. Nothing is not comprehensible, neither you nor I have any hope of understanding just what it is and what it does. It is hard to know if nothing is actually nothing, and thus difficult to know if a policy of doing nothing is successful. Nothing however effective it may have proved up until the present can hardly continue to do so indefintely. If I had to choose between the continued possiblity of nothing happening and of doing nothing, I would unquestionably choose the latter....or the former.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: