ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old September 27th, 2001, 11:28 PM   #1
Xpepepac

Xpepepac is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Thumbs up a friendly message from X....GO AND BUY SILENT HILL 2 RIGHT NOW....(NO spoilers)

you have all gotta try this game...
i bought it today, played for 2 hours straight, and i had to stop playin cuz it was fuckin nerve racking
it's freaky as hell, and silent hill one is a disney movie compared to two
the key elements to playin the game tho...
play ALONE, in the DARK, with the sound cranked up and no outside noise interfering
the sound is a major element in this game, it really sucks you into the world, it can really creep the shit outta u
anyways, go and try this game
even if u didn't like the first one
this one's a keeper!!!

------------------
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he himself doesn't become a monster"
Old September 27th, 2001, 11:49 PM   #2
Voodooman

Voodooman is on a distinguished roadVoodooman is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Voodooman
hi2 Xpepepac... You should chill here more often its still the good shit its always been.

I'm definatly going to rent but buying I'm not so sure.

------------------
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2001, 02:08 PM   #3
RuFF RyDeR

RuFF RyDeR has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 6
This game is a MUST GET for me! I LOVED the first one even though it scared the SHIT out of me... I want this game badly!

------------------
RuFF RyDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2001, 02:32 PM   #4
Mugsy

Mugsy will become famous soon enoughMugsy will become famous soon enoughMugsy will become famous soon enoughMugsy will become famous soon enoughMugsy will become famous soon enoughMugsy will become famous soon enough

Live!: Mugsy

Games Owned: 1
Send a message via ICQ to Mugsy Send a message via MSN to Mugsy
Thumbs up

I picked it up yesterday and it is amazing. It is so creepy and the grainy look really adds to it. Graphics are great,cut scenes are great as well. Xpepepac is right, play it alone in the dark with the sound up. I was playing it at 2:30 am last night and it ws pretty creepy.

------------------
Canadian and proud of it!!

Take off EH!
Old September 29th, 2001, 05:26 PM   #5
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
No.

------------------
Bigg Russ
Old September 29th, 2001, 05:57 PM   #6
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2031
Games Wanted: 8
Arrow

I just got home with Silent Hill 2. I'm looking forward to playing it soon. I also picked up Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare and Ooga Booga for the Dreamcast.

I also paid off my Xbox pre-buy and added the Xbox Advanced S-Video cable to the bundle.

Other games I picked up this week.
PSO v2 - Dreamcast
Crusin World - N64

I'm consintrating on PSO v2 right now the other games are in waiting mode for a bit.

------------------
Back to Dreaming in InfraRed

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2001, 11:28 AM   #7
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Exclamation

Russ:

We have talked games here before and I think I have persuaded you in the past so hear me out!

I was not into the first Silent Hill at all. Mostly due to the story and bad graphics. But I rented SH2 yesterday and I can not put it down! The graphics are unbelievable and the story keep you riveted. Now understand one thing however....the mosters are NOT scary! My wife was watching me play and laughed at these things! But, what is scary is the human interaction. Seriously, a girl in a cemetary,a little girl in a hotel, and, well, I won't spoil it any further but when interacting with HUMANS you just feel like something is going on and you are the only one in the dar about it.

One complaint remains with this game and that is the back tracking. You have to use the map allot and you just KNOW the first 3 ways you try to get to your destination are going to be blocked only to be opened later when you have gone the way the game wants you to go first! I don't care for that style but I can get past it.

I am going to buy this game because IMO it is the best Survival Horror game I have ever played and I am a BIG Resident Evil fan!

Please rent it and see what you think!

------------------
I will no longer wallow in the filth of the General Forum. Cast notyour pearls before the swine you know?
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2001, 01:03 PM   #8
Xpepepac

Xpepepac is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah voodoo, i remember when we all used to post back on the old K board, man that was way back, i was in gr.9
now i'm in gr.12, so i don't post as much as i did before
but i still got the gamer in me, gaming rules!

and back to silent hill 2...pyramid head is one bad ass mutha fucka!!

------------------
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he himself doesn't become a monster"
Old September 30th, 2001, 01:12 PM   #9
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher:
Russ:

Please rent it and see what you think!
Ummmm....

No.

Seriously, man... SH1 left me SOOOOO pissed. I went to E3 '98 and previewed the game. I couldn't WAIT to buy it. Once I did, I seriously thought it was one of the most over-hyped, boring (albeit VERY eerie) games I ever played. What you're saying to me now is that SH2 is actually better?

For you, Bigg Punn, I'll try and get my hands on it. Of course, renting games in my area is like winning Powerball. But I'll try.

------------------
Bigg Russ
Old September 30th, 2001, 06:10 PM   #10
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Exclamation

Yea Russ, it IS better! Maybe it is because I rented it not believing the hype this time!

------------------
I will no longer wallow in the filth of the General Forum. Cast notyour pearls before the swine you know?
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2001, 09:34 AM   #11
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Quote:
As much (or more) than any game in recent memory, Silent Hill 2 gripped me personally - me, Jerry, Tycho, whoever - not as a reviewer, it's not my job to review. It gripped me like a good book would. It gripped me because I, myself am a husband, reacting personally to these events. It's got five endings - I earned what is supposed to be the worst one, and I didn't feel cheated in any way. As a student of The Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, and The Outer Limits, slipping into the tense psychological landscape of Silent Hill is an easy fit. One of the most natural translations in gaming history, truly invincible music and sound design, and full characters make me actually proud to own this game.

Isn't that crazy? To use the word proud in this sense? It's true, nonetheless. I'm actually excited to tell you about it, and a little bit jealous that you'll be going through it for the first time. Sure, this is all my opinion, but what the hell else do you want? We're not talking about a color, or a shape, or a volume - we're talking about something mysterious and bizarre and wonderful that occurs between a piece of rapidly spinning plastic and the human mind. Isn't that why we play them in the first place?
penny-arcade

------------------
Old October 5th, 2001, 09:59 AM   #12
Soul Survivor

Soul Survivor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Game Rogue:
I just got home with Silent Hill 2. I'm looking forward to playing it soon. I also picked up Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare and Ooga Booga for the Dreamcast.

I also paid off my Xbox pre-buy and added the Xbox Advanced S-Video cable to the bundle.

Congrats on your Xbox purchase. What Xbox games did you preorder?? Let me know how Alone in the Dark is for the DC!

Graphics are great,cut scenes are great as well. Xpepepac is right, play it alone in the dark with the sound up. I was playing it at 2:30 am last night and it ws pretty creepy.[/quote]
I have surround sound and playing SH2 at night time definitely ranks as the scariest
game i ever played.

The game starts off sloooooowwww, but once you get the stick and into the apartment, things really get interesting

------------------

~~Blaze Ski

Xbox Live! Gamertag: CLANDESTINE
Soul Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: