ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old July 14th, 2001, 02:27 PM   #1
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Post Game soundtracks... Do you care? Do you buy? Can you care less?

Well, opinions?

I've only bought a few game soundtracks ever, but I REALLY liked those. I've purchased:

FF7
Soukaigi (underrated, IMO)
R4
Xenogears (boxed set, btw)
Bust A Move (the dancing game, not the puzzler)

I think I may have another, but I can't remember.

Are they any great soundtracks that my short collection is missing?

Bigg Russ
Old July 14th, 2001, 02:41 PM   #2
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8
I would never, ever purchase a video game sound track unless the price was under a buck. However, I have managed to collect quite a few of them for free from all the electronic conventions I've attended over the years.

------------------
Cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2001, 03:05 PM   #3
Swirlie

Swirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enoughSwirlie will become famous soon enough

Live!: N0REGARD4L1FE

Games Owned: 16
I dont care about what music accompanies the game. GT2 and GT3 have probably the best soundtrack I have heard as far as getting big name talent. I wouldnt ever buy a game soundtrack no matter how much it cost though. I laugh at my boss' kid for listening to a WWF music CD.

------------------
Obsessively technical. Meticulously refined. Viciously fast.-GT-3
-------------------------
"When we started this band, all we needed, needed a was a laugh, years gone by I'd say we kicked some ass.....When I'm enraged and hittin' the stage, adrenaline rushin' through my veins and say-were-still-kickin'-ass
Old July 14th, 2001, 09:48 PM   #4
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
Like I said on the other thread, I like the SSX soundtrack, and would buy that in a heartbeat. Any idea if it's available? I was a little bit disappointed by the music in NBA Street, by comparison.

Onimusha has really good music, but I doubt I'd buy the soundtrack, unless it was cheap as hell. The only one I ever see is The Bouncer soundtrack, and I can certainly live without that.

In the end, some game music might be fun to have just to slap on mix tapes or something, but I would actually LISTEN to SSX, a lot.

------------------
Doubt is not a pleasant position, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2001, 09:22 AM   #5
Diamond W

Diamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Yeah, I buy and like game soundtracks. But I do not buy soundtracks for sport, fighting or racing games - most of the times the music for those games are worthless and only intended to be some filler noise in the background. However, I own quite a few soundtracks for RPGs and adventure games. I also have some arranged albums, ie albums where the music from the games are played by real orchestras.

A few albums I own:
Final Fantasy 5-9 Soundtracks
Final Fantasy 4,6,8,9 Piano Collections
Xenogears Soundtrack
Xenogears: Creid (arranged)
Metal Gear Solid Soundtrack
Silent Hill Soundtrack
Final Fantasy Tactics Soundtrack
Skies of Arcadia Soundtrack
Biohazard Orchestra Album (Resident Evil arranged album)

My fav is the combo Xenogears Soundtrack/Xenogears: Creid. Both are fabulous albums.

------------------
Murphy's Laws on Combat #55: "When in doubt, empty your magazine."

"So much blood has been shed by the Church because of an omission from the Gospel: 'Ye shall be indifferent as to what your neighbor's religion is.' Not merely tolerant of it, but indifferent to it. Divinity is claimed for many religions; but no religion is great enough or divine enough to add that new law to its code"
-Mark Twain
Here were produced rubbishy newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means...

- GEORGE ORWELL, Nineteen Eighty-Four, about the Ministry of Truth
Diamond W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2001, 12:08 PM   #6
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Could care less.

------------------
"You know what Jack Burton always says... what the hell?" -Jack Burton

"Come back here, so that I may brain thee!" -Chip Douglas

No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza? -John McClane

"Well, you know what they say about women and trolley cars. There's alot more of them in the sea." -William Lichter
Old July 15th, 2001, 08:59 PM   #7
gabopagan

gabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nicegabopagan is just really nice

Games Owned: 7
Could care les or Couln't care less?...
Anyway, some older PSX games with techno soundtracks can be played on a regular CD player. There are some good tunes from Crystal Method, and others in games like Wipeout.
I have the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack that EB gave away. I have also some ripped songs from Einhander and Tenchu. I really like the music in both Tenchu games. I like the music of most Final Fantasy games too. Ridge Racer has some great tunes too.
What I would like to see is some DJ remixing a couple of really old favorites like the Gyruss theme or Moon Patrol. That would be fun to listen at least once.

------------------

http://www.viequeslibre.com
Old July 15th, 2001, 09:43 PM   #8
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
I like some music during gameplay but nothing I would spend money on in soundtrack form.

------------------
Crystalis on NES - The BEST videogame ever made!

Licking a dogs ass isn't so bad.
-King_MightyStud
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #9
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
Soukaigi (underrated, IMO)

Bigg Russ
Whew!! Lost it... and JUST found it again! Been searching for YEARS for this mofo!!
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
i bought one ever, halo 2: vol 1
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #11
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #12
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
oh and red dead redemption's soundtrack is good
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:43 AM   #13
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Bought a used copy of the GTA: San Andreas soundtrack. Theres also been a lot of music that I got turned onto, because I heard it on a game's soundtrack.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #14
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
I've been looking for that. Still can't find it.

EDIT: N/M. Just found it. LOL!

Last edited by Bigg Russ : August 27th, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #15
Mooreberg

Mooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really niceMooreberg is just really nice

PSN: Fahrenhype

Games Owned: 112
Send a message via AIM to Mooreberg
Not particularly into them. The only game that had original music that I could listen to outside of playing the game was Silent Hill 3, and that included the soundtrack on a CD.

It's too bad I've yet to see a game that implements custom soundtracks the way they worked on Xbox. 360's NXE iPod menu just runs the music constantly rather than when it should (ie in a car in GTA IV) and I've never even bothered to look which PS3 games support it. If it weren't such a mess I'd probably swap out some game soundtracks for better ones.
Old October 24th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #16
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Bust A Move (the dancing game, not the puzzler)

Bigg Russ
FLAC, if anyone's interested. Sounds just as great today as it did then.
Old October 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #17
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
I think I payed $2 for the thousand arms soundtrack and I do have some of the GTA Vice City soundtracks.

What I listen to mostly are the soundtrack from the Shin Megami Tensei (mostly Digital Devil Saga 1&2). Those came with the games.
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #18
Bigg Russ

If anyone needs the Xenogears 2CD OST, let me know.
Old November 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #19
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
If anyone needs the Xenogears 2CD OST, let me know.
NEED? No.

WANT? No.
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #20
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
NEED? No.

WANT? No.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Would you mind clarifying for me? Thanks.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #21
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

The yellow duck flies at midnight.
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #22
Bigg Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
The yellow duck flies at midnight.
Ahhh. Got it. That's all you needed to say initially.
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #23
Bigg Russ

The GT5 soundtrack is pretty effin' insane.
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #24
Pahn

Suikoden GMV for most awesome soundtrack.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: