ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > PC
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC The oldest and most flexible gaming platform, the PC has evolved and remained a mainstay for gamers. Get your PC gaming and general rig discussion here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 690
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Steam

I created a Steam group for ConsoleCity. Anyone that's interested in joining, post your SteamID in this thread. Perhaps the group will encourage some CC matches and such.
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Games Wanted: 0
Sweet. I'll sign up when I get home Friday night.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart Gamer View Post
Sweet. I'll sign up when I get home Friday night.
It's invite only (seems that stats aren't available to public groups, so I decided to stick with invite only). So gimme your SteamID and I'll invite you.

URL: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/consolecity
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #4
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
[email protected]

IT WAS A JOKE EMAIL THAT JUST STUCK! REALLY! HONEST!

I have the Orange Box.
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #5
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
"gyro"

I usually only play Dystopia on steam and not much else though. I will be playing the Insurgency beta 2.0 tomorrow though when comes out.

I'm still thinking about getting tf2.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Lunch_Meat

Lunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to all

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to Lunch_Meat Send a message via AIM to Lunch_Meat
Lunch_Meat - [email protected]

whichever works. I mainly play tf2 on steam but I've been having trouble finding time to play lately. Hopefully get some playing in over the holiday.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #7
Viper
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
"gyro"

I usually only play Dystopia on steam and not much else though. I will be playing the Insurgency beta 2.0 tomorrow though when comes out.

I'm still thinking about getting tf2.
I can't find you by name, you can PM the email you use if you'd like.
Old November 20th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #8
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
EPenaloza - [email protected]
SmAsHeD IxNaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM   #9
Null

Null is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: nullifiedone

Games Owned: 0
nullifiedone

played a lot of CSS.

right now its basically TF2 is the only game i play.
Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:01 AM   #10
Viper
Administrator

Invites have gone out to all (except you OFG).
Old November 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM   #11
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2031
Games Wanted: 8
Sorry... but what is Steam? I have heard and, or seen other threads but never read them. Can someone direct me to a site that covers the subject?

Thanks.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM   #12
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM   #13
Viper
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
Sorry... but what is Steam? I have heard and, or seen other threads but never read them. Can someone direct me to a site that covers the subject?

Thanks.
I'm sure the link Rookie pasted explains it pretty well, but on a basic level it's a lot like Live! in that you can maintain a friends list, download updates for your "installed" games, check out news/media related to your games, etc... It also acts as a store for PC games. Various publishers (not just Valve) put their games up on Steam for you to purchase/download, no retail copies necessary. The games you purchase/install are all tied to your Steam account, so if you change machines, or want to play at a buddy's house, you can re-download the game onto another PC (as long as you're logged in as yourself when you d/l and play).

I actually just got into messing around with the Community features of Steam recently after I purchased The Orange Box, thus the creation of this thread.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM   #14
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'm home.

Is it my Steam contact e-mail you need, Viper?

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #15
Viper
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart Gamer View Post
Okay, I'm home.

Is it my Steam contact e-mail you need, Viper?
Whatever I can use to look up the account. For some peeps just the "SteamID" has worked, for others I needed the email, as Steam couldn't find them by their ID (perhaps because they have their profile set to private?)
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Null

Null is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: nullifiedone

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Whatever I can use to look up the account. For some peeps just the "SteamID" has worked, for others I needed the email, as Steam couldn't find them by their ID (perhaps because they have their profile set to private?)

in most cases its because people are actually giving you their chat name in steam thinking its the id. when the id is totally separate, some dont know their actual steam id, because all they used it for was to sign up to steam and never used it for anything since.
Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #17
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold

That may be the reason why viper couldn't find my profile by the name I gave him. My account name is different from the community id.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #18
Old Fart Gamer

My Steam ID is "auldpharte".

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #19
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
RookieCAF I play a round of Red Orchestra once in a blue moon...
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #20
Viper
Administrator

Rookie and OFG added, and invited.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #21
Old Fart Gamer

Invite received and accepted.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Old November 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #22
Repeater

Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
2InchAstronaut - [email protected]

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #23
Noodle

Anyone playing Call of Duty 4 via Steam? I thinking about getting it through steam if it supports friends list, stats, and voip and stuff. Just curious if anyone else is playing it.
Old December 4th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #24
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Parabola is my community page if you can add me from that.
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #25
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
Thought I would kick this old thread up.

Steam id: Korranator

Why invite only, and why not sticky ed?

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: