ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Old July 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
UFC 155-lb. Champion, Challenger Positive for Steroids

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8333

Quote:
Thursday, July 19, 2007
UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk (Pictures) has tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite following his title defense July 7 in Sacramento, Calif, the state's athletic commission revealed Thursday. Sherk scored a dominating five-round decision win over Brazilian Hermes Franca (Pictures), whom the CSAC also said tested positive for the banned substance Drostanolone.

After testing both "A" and "B" samples of the urine specimen provided by Sherk the day before the fight, the UFC champion's Nandrolone level was certified by the Director of Science and Technology at the lab conducting the tests at 12 ng/ml, two times higher than the threshold allowed by the CSAC, said the state regulatory body.

The Minnesotan lightweight has been fined $2,500 and suspended 365 days from the date of the fight, including an additional 10 days that would need be served if Sherk reapplied for a license to fight in the Golden State.

Calls to Sherk and his trainer Greg Nelson were not immediately returned.

Franca was also fined $2,500 -- the maximum fine the CSAC can levy -- and suspended through July 5, 2008. The Brazilian told MMAweekly.com that he had used a "banned substance" prior to the fight.

"I offer only an explanation and not an excuse," Franca said. "I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret."

Saying an injured ankle prompted him to look for ways to "accelerate the healing process" Franca said he made the "shortsighted" choice to use a banned substance. "Under the pressure of literally not being able to pay next months bills I made a choice," he told MMAweekly. "I had to fight and did whatever I could to do so."

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (Anderson Silva' class='LinkSilver'>Pictures) and Nathan Marquardt (Pictures), participants in July 7's other title fight in Sacramento, Calif., were both cleared for any banned substances.

This news comes on the heels of a CSAC report that revealed 28 violations, including nine for steroids, of its anti-doping policy from March 31, 2007 through July 6, 2007. Seventeen of the 28 violators were fighters in mixed martial arts contests.
I knew there was something up with how big and strong Sherk was... Franco I never expected it.

Fuck 'em both.
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #2
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
I knew something was fucked up with Sherk from how he just dominated every aspect of that fight...
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #3
HORNSUP

HORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to allHORNSUP is a name known to all

Games Owned: 0
A UFC guy taking roids. Surprised?
HORNSUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:52 AM   #4
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
yes, considering they knew they'd be tested.
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #5
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
lends alot of legitimacy to UFC that they're policing the big names, cause sherk's a big name right now.

i want to believe it was a tainted supplement because that really does happen, especially with nandrolone, but who knows, i guess we'll see what develops.
Jesus H Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #6
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
As a UFC fan I know this is not good for the sport but I'm glad Sherk got busted. The dude was the epitome of boring. He wasn't quite a Lay'n Prayer because he did keep real busy and worked for more dominant positions but he never did anything damaging from those dominant positions. He dominated all ten rounds of his two title fights and never once came close to finishing either of his opponents. He wont be missed by this guy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: