ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old May 12th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #1
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 197
Games Wanted: 0

Korranator
X360 too Soon?

Instead of radically expanded graphics, expect the next Xbox to let players buy more downloadable content, said P.J. McNealy, an analyst at American Technology Research.

"This is more an Xbox 1.5 than an Xbox 2," he said. "It's like an Xbox with a broadband cash register built in."

As a result of such sentiment, some analysts voiced skepticism this week about whether the video-game market is ready for a new game console this holiday season.

Full article here

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #2
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 46
I agree. I won't buy one until its well below 200 bucks. MS is not gonna milk me to death.

Not even a perfect Halo 3 would be enough.
The Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #3
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 135

Karma Slave
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krakken
Not even a perfect Halo 3 would be enough.
Ok now you are smokin' sumthin....
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #4
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts
Games Owned: 0

Xeo
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
It's Sony propaganda... "fuck yeah, they're buying it..."

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #5
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Karma Slave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korr
[i]Instead of radically expanded graphics...
Sym seems to indicate otherwise....
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #6
Rico Suave

Karma Slave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
msnbc???
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #7
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I'm not.

Here's the thing. Gamers as a demographic whole continue to age. I'm not so stupid with my money as I was 6 years ago when I bought my Dreamcast (not that it was a mistake), or even 3 years ago when I bought my Xbox.

Companies now are going to have to earn my dough, instead of getting it by default, simply by releasing an updated graphics processor. Most of that Xtra shit doesn't interest me in the least. If I wanna take pictures, I'll break out my 2900 dollar Canon DSLR, and snap a damn photo. As far as I am concerned the way XBL did shit this time around was "good enough". I'm not paying an exorbitant amount of money for "graphical updates" and extra shit I'm not gonna use.

So until I have a compelling reason to upgrade (and Halo 3 alone--even perfect--is not enough), [i]I'm not buying[/b].......

My money is more precious to me now......
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #8
The Krakken

That said, there are some sequels to games that I am longing to see that would undoubtedly FORCE me to make the jump. The combination of the following games would do the trick:

SW: KOTOR 3
Jade Empire 2
Halo 3
DC vs Capcom 360 (DONE RIGHT, dammit!!!)
Flopza 2 (F*CK PGR)
Burnout 360
Rainbow 360 (DONE RIGHT, Dammit!!!)
Metal Gear.......360

Since we know half those games are NOT happening anytime soon....
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #9
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Krakken
That said, there are some sequels to games that I am longing to see that would undoubtedly FORCE me to make the jump. The combination of the following games would do the trick:

SW: KOTOR 3
Jade Empire 2
Halo 3
DC vs Capcom 360 (DONE RIGHT, dammit!!!)
Flopza 2 (F*CK PGR)
Burnout 360
Rainbow 360 (DONE RIGHT, Dammit!!!)
Metal Gear.......360

Since we know half those games are NOT happening anytime soon....
I don't think Halo 3 is far off... and did you see Ghost Recon 3... Fuck some Rainbaow...

I understand what you're saying about getting older and being wiser with your money spending, but I think the XBOX360 is going to offer gamers a lot more than what you seem to be seeing at face value. Read into it more... watch the special tonight... there's a lot of reason to buy the 360, aside from what ya'll are calling "minor" graphical upgrades.

That said, a real dedicated gamer is buying the latest and greatest, regardless of how minor the upgrade might or might not be. I'm not saying that's smart, but that's just the mindstate... the one I'm in atleast. Bring on the next-gen, I know I'm gunna' be satisfied.

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #10
The Krakken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I don't think Halo 3 is far off... and did you see Ghost Recon 3... Fuck some Rainbaow...

I understand what you're saying about getting older and being wiser with your money spending, but I think the XBOX360 is going to offer gamers a lot more than what you seem to be seeing at face value. Read into it more... watch the special tonight... there's a lot of reason to buy the 360, aside from what ya'll are calling "minor" graphical upgrades.

That said, a real dedicated gamer is buying the latest and greatest, regardless of how minor the upgrade might or might not be. I'm not saying that's smart, but that's just the mindstate... the one I'm in atleast. Bring on the next-gen, I know I'm gunna' be satisfied.

My status as a real dedicated gamer has been in question for about 4 months now. Guess this just confirms it.
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #11
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
What piques my curiosity is when does M$ plan on ceasing Xbox production.
Bigg Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #12
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 31
I already said its too soon, so i really do not care for xbox 2 or the rest of the next generation systems that is coming out. Dreamcast, xbox, n64 and psone is still cool in my book, playing it daily.
U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #13
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Perfect dark zero will blow everyone away it will be what halo was for xbox 360 and then some, just watch and see.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:40 PM   #14
Xeo

Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ
What piques my curiosity is when does M$ plan on ceasing Xbox production.
Rumor has it... at the end of the year...

Old May 12th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #15
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
easily too much time and effort would have to be dedicated to just make 1 game.....that's obvious......those thing will be selling gamestop's all over the country for $50 usec by next march.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #16
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint
Perfect dark zero will blow everyone away it will be what halo was for xbox 360 and then some, just watch and see.
Well perfect dark n64 is nice( plan to play it for real soon) , but 007 the world is not enough for n64 is much better, better weapons, better sound, better control, better missions, the graphics dont seem to be as good like perfect dark tho, even when using the pak, it still looks fuzzy looking.

But halo sucks, and perfect dark is not one of the greatest games, so it wont blow me away, try Grand Theft Auto man.
U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #17
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
Bring on the next-gen, I know I'm gunna' be satisfied.
At the expense of which pet this time?
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #18
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
That said, a real dedicated gamer is buying the latest and greatest, regardless of how minor the upgrade might or might not be. I'm not saying that's smart, but that's just the mindstate... the one I'm in atleast.
I'm glad you're not saying its smart....cuz it ain't. Its foolish and wasteful. In a way it makes you the ideal consumer; happily spending top dollar, demanding little in return.

Quote:
"This is more an Xbox 1.5 than an Xbox 2," he said. "It's like an Xbox with a broadband cash register built in."
Pretty funny actually. And probably accurate.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #19
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
... I think they should have waited until at least next Christmas, I feel no need to purchase any new consoles any time soon, but that's just me.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:38 AM   #20
BlackTJ

BlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to beholdBlackTJ is a splendid one to behold
Games Owned: 96

Bad TJ
Send a message via MSN to BlackTJ Send a message via Yahoo to BlackTJ
I'm sure I'll get one at launch but I am leary of stating my intentions so I don't get lumped in with Xeo.

Old May 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #21
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 28
Silly article.

Xbox 1.5?

Just the early screens indicate that it's a substantial leap over the current Xbox. Imagine what we'll see on it in a year or so once developers have gotten comfortable with the hardware...
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #22
coachcobbs

coachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these partscoachcobbs is infamous around these parts
Games Owned: 11

coachcobbs
Send a message via AIM to coachcobbs
my girl will buy my new xbox360, harddrive, a couple of joys, plus around 3 games for me this x-mas.

just like she did for the dc and xbox. this is nothing new for her. but to be real about it, this is much cheaper then what i allways buy her.

ps. if u want it, buy it.

coachcobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #23
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcobbs
if u want it, buy it.
pretty much
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #24
JakeTheSnake

JakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the roughJakeTheSnake is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 6

JakeTheSnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
I'm glad you're not saying its smart....cuz it ain't. Its foolish and wasteful. In a way it makes you the ideal consumer; happily spending top dollar, demanding little in return.
EA's favorite!
JakeTheSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #25
Mr. Smurf
Banned

Mr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these parts
I'm ready to something new. The $200 I paid for my Xbox has been well worth it.

MS needs the headstart on Sony. Hopefully they'll have software to back it up or it could end up flopping like the Dreamcast.
Mr. Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: