ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 12:24 AM   #1
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Question Burned/Drowned/Buried Alive?

I recently realized that I have an intense claustrophobia of being in very tight places.

I first got a hint of it a few years ago, at a burial. The casket had already been lowered into the grave before the service started, and as I stood there looking down into the six feet of final resting place, it gave me a shuddering sense of the willies.

It reemerged recently when I needed to take an MRI. They took me over to the machine, I looked at it and noped out. Not going to happen. Wasn't even going to lie down. Ended up going to a place that had an "open" MRI machine. Although I was sitting upright and could watch a TV across the room, it was a very snug fit with my arms crossed and my chest caved in. Don't breathe, don't move for the next 20 minutes. It was all I could do to not mash the panic button they give you.

I always thought that drowning was the worst way to go. Desperately gasping for air, flailing in panic... do not want. But I think I'd rather drown, or even burn, as much as that would suck, than to be enclosed and not able to move. Fuck that, all day every day unto eternity.

Whats your least preferred, oh God Please No, way of dying?

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2017, 08:53 AM   #2
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
I first got a hint of it a few years ago, at a burial. The casket had already been lowered into the grave before the service started, and as I stood there looking down into the six feet of final resting place, it gave me a shuddering sense of the willies.
Kinda off topic but years ago I went to a Vietnamese funeral where they had the casket in place, said a few prayers, placed some flowers, then lowered the casket and then immediately a bulldozer began pushing the dirt onto the casket. Seeing the dirt dropped onto the casket was disturbing for some people and they began trying to pull the casket back out and fight anybody who tried to stop them. I wondered if it was a Vietnamese thing and now that I looked it up it looks like it is:

Quote:
When the body reaches its resting place and is about to be placed in the grave, the wailing and crying grows even more soulful. In addition, close relatives often fight frenziedly with the bearers of the coffin to prevent them from burying their loved one.
https://offroadvietnam.com/vietnam-i...rites/funerals

I think I agree with you about being enclosed. Whatever my pain is, I want to be able to lash out.
Old July 25th, 2017, 06:44 PM   #3
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Eaten by a shark or hyena. They won't bother killing you before eating you.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I'm going to go with being burned alive... although being eaten alive is probably a very close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erp
Kinda off topic but years ago I went to a Vietnamese funeral where they had the casket in place, said a few prayers, placed some flowers, then lowered the casket and then immediately a bulldozer began pushing the dirt onto the casket. Seeing the dirt dropped onto the casket was disturbing for some people and they began trying to pull the casket back out and fight anybody who tried to stop them. I wondered if it was a Vietnamese thing and now that I looked it up it looks like it is
Not the same thing, but it sort of reminded me of an episode of "The Moaning of Life," when Karl Pilkington went to Taiwan, and met a professional mourner. People apparently hire them to show up at funerals to cry and even thrown themselves down on the ground, and weep for the deceased person.
Old July 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #5
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

Games Owned: 0
Nerve agent gas attack. Nothing you can do, no where to run, invisible enemy, extremely painful. They could even make the gas smell like Apple pie if they wanted.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 03:34 PM   #6
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Actually scratch that. Death by dehydration is a pretty miserable way to die.
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:53 PM   #7
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Eaten by a shark or hyena. They won't bother killing you before eating you.
Years ago I saw this documentary where two hyenas were chasing this baby antelope, they caught up to it and tore it in half, still alive. I was fucking mortified.
Quote:
Death by dehydration is a pretty miserable way to die.
I don't know what thats like but fuck that on principle.

Quote:
Whatever my pain is, I want to be able to lash out
Exactly.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:54 PM   #8
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
Dying from something simple like a spider bite or heart attack. Either one

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #9
CAPninja

Death by Bafunga!
Old August 21st, 2017, 02:07 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I'm a claustrophilic, if that's a thing. I LOVE tight, cramped and cluttered places. Especially to sleep in.

Anyway, I agree with the whole fire or being eaten alive as some of the worse ways to go. Drowning and electrocution are a close second.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: