ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old January 7th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #1
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
What are you playing™ 2017 Edition

New year, new thread.

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
- Starts off kinda slow and frustrating, but after you figure out how its supposed to work, its pretty good. The orcs and Uruks talk ALOT of shit. I enjoy the way you can kill an orc, and take revenge for someone they killed on your friends list. Although I'm generally not a fan of stealthy gameplay, its pretty fun to creep up on an Uruk and shank him prison style.

I've got Titanfall2, Overwatch and Forza Horizons 3 in the wings, but I want to finish this and clear up some HD space before starting in on those new titles.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2017, 12:04 AM   #2
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Breakthru on (NES)
Puyo Pop Fever (GC)
Pocket Fighter (Saturn)
Space Invaders Extreme (DS)

I MIGHT put some more time into Two Worlds II on the 360. It's been a while, but not so long that I'll forget everything...yet.
Old January 10th, 2017, 09:24 AM   #3
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Currently playing...

World of Warcraft: Legion
Diablo 3, season 9
Overwatch
occasional games of Heroes of the Storm
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
In alphabetical order...

Astroneer
Everspace
No Man's Sky
Skyrim

...and NES Classic games

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 08:16 AM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Halo Wars (Xbox 360/Xbox One)

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Nintendo Wii) - I've only played for about 30 minutes, but so far it's definitely not as good as the original, or HD remake on the Xbox.

Pokemon Moon (Nintendo 3DS)
Old January 15th, 2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
...I'm still Forza'd out with Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6. In between those I'm trying to get another Mass Effect trilogy run done before Andromeda lands, still working on Halo 2 on the MCC and I also started Firewatch since it should be short. I did manage to finish INSIDE and Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition recently though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
...Overwatch and Forza Horizons 3 in the wings
...let me know when you start Overwatch man, I'very been meaning to check it out, but w/of people you know to game with it doesn't work as well. Co-op on Horizon 3 is a blast as well.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U

Last edited by Syndicate : January 15th, 2017 at 08:38 AM.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 06:20 PM   #7
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

Games Owned: 0
Overwatch
Astroneer
Shantae: half genie
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #8
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Aladdin (Genesis)
Elemental Master (Genesis)

I cleaned up the tangle of wires behind my cabinet and hooked up the Retron5 and some other systems that were collecting dust, so I'll probably be playing most retro stuff for a while.
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:50 PM   #9
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
I'm a moron and started getting addicted to Elder Scrolls Online again.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #10
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I've been all over the place lately, been on a Japanese games kick for some reason... will probably continue with Nioh coming.

DOTA2 - Just bought like my 6th or 7th compendium. The latest update changed a whole lot.

Resident Evil 7 - This reboot seems legit... one of the most tense games I've played in a minute.

Dragon Question Builders - This game is very cool. Instead of playing a hero in Dragon Quest, you're a builder, trying to rebuild what's been destroyed by evil. Basically Minecraft, but prettier, and more of an actual game.

Gravity Rush Remastered - I love and hate GR... when the control and camera are working as designed, mixed with the beautiful art and charm GR has I really enjoy it. Then the other 30% of the time you just wanna give up due to terrible camera and control issues.

Final Fantasy World - I enjoyed my first 20 hours with FFW, which is a throwback to old FF games from yesteryear mixed with Pokemon. But the overly easy combat system, sort of uninteresting story, has gotten me burned out. Might not be able to finish this one.

Then again maybe I can finish it, FFW is such a cute game, lol

Old February 12th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #11
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Finished or not, any game you put 20 hours into is a game you got your money's worth.
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #12
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPninja View Post
Finished or not, any game you put 20 hours into is a game you got your money's worth.
I dunno, if I got really into the story but couldn't finish because of gameplay, I'd still be pretty pissed.
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:21 PM   #13
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

I started playing Titanfall 2 last week, and the single player campaign is pretty good.

Spoiler Below, select the text to read
I'm currently on the mission where you get the wrist device that lets you travel back and forth through time. It's pretty sweet that you're in this half destroyed, burning building and in some rooms you get attacked by the giant creatures. If you go back in time the building is nice, but then you're suddenly in a firefight with the IMC soldiers that use to be in the base.
Old February 13th, 2017, 09:45 PM   #14
CAPninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
I dunno, if I got really into the story but couldn't finish because of gameplay, I'd still be pretty pissed.
Well it's not like the gameplay suddenly changed 20hrs in. Seems a little far into a game to decide you don't like the gameplay in my opinion, I can normally tell in the first 15mins or so.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #15
Jerome

Grand Theft Auto 5 (Xbox One) - I completed the main story, but now I'm just doing some various side missions I missed before.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Playstation 4) - I beat the first game, and now I'm on Uncharted 2.
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #16
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

I'm playing Shovel Knight and all the DLC on the Switch.

Awesome retro platformer.
Old April 20th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #17
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I'm playing Shovel Knight and all the DLC on the Switch.

Awesome retro platformer.
That game is pretty great. Rogue Legacy is another indie platform that is insanely good. Not sure if it'll ever come to the Switch, hopefully there's a sequel it's a good 4 years old now.
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #18
Jerome

Has anybody played Snake Pass, on any platform? I think it looks pretty cool, and something I can enjoy along with my kids. I've debated picking it up, but I also have Voodoo Vince Remastered on my wish list.
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:29 AM   #19
bigloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Has anybody played Snake Pass, on any platform? I think it looks pretty cool, and something I can enjoy along with my kids. I've debated picking it up, but I also have Voodoo Vince Remastered on my wish list.
I want to get this as well.

It's from a good developer, Digital Sumo, and has lots of good word of mouth and reviews. But it's a very hard game from what I've read. The control scheme is unique, works well (from what i've read), but has a steep learning curve.

So while it looks like a very kid friendly game, from what I've been seeing it's difficult... so depending on the age of your kids I might hold of.
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #20
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Pretty much just playing Doom for now, probably about 3/4 through the campaign. Its...Doom. Its pretty much what you'd expect it to be, nothing more but also nothing less. Run to new area, kill everything, repeat. I'm not sure why Giant Bomb was so high on it, but its not a bad experience either. Just good old fashioned shooting demons with shotguns. Some pretty intense firefights to be had.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #21
Vid Gamer

I've been on a retro kick with the Switch lately.

Beat Shovel Knight and the 2 DLC (fantastic), Wonderboy (fantastic), and currently playing through Blaster Master Zero (so far so good).

I also played Graceful Explosion Machine which is a great shmup for $10. Bomberman has a new patch that makes it 60fps so finally went ahead and beat story mode which had surprisingly great cut-scenes that felt like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon show and the end credits were pretty badass. The grind for coins to unlock things in the shop is a huge hassle, though.

Still need to play Binding of Isaac, Voez, Neo Turf Masters (Neo Geo golf game) and I have Puyo Puyo Tetris and MK8 Deluxe on the way.

I already like the Switch better than the Wii U.
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #22
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Pretty much just playing Doom for now, probably about 3/4 through the campaign. Its...Doom. Its pretty much what you'd expect it to be, nothing more but also nothing less. Run to new area, kill everything, repeat. I'm not sure why Giant Bomb was so high on it, but its not a bad experience either. Just good old fashioned shooting demons with shotguns. Some pretty intense firefights to be had.
DOOM was by far my favorite game of 2016. Yeah, it sounds repetitive as hell but killing demons and exploring secret areas were the best part. Way better on the PC though.
Old April 26th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #23
bigloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I've been on a retro kick with the Switch lately.

Beat Shovel Knight and the 2 DLC (fantastic), Wonderboy (fantastic), and currently playing through Blaster Master Zero (so far so good).

I also played Graceful Explosion Machine which is a great shmup for $10. Bomberman has a new patch that makes it 60fps so finally went ahead and beat story mode which had surprisingly great cut-scenes that felt like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon show and the end credits were pretty badass. The grind for coins to unlock things in the shop is a huge hassle, though.

Still need to play Binding of Isaac, Voez, Neo Turf Masters (Neo Geo golf game) and I have Puyo Puyo Tetris and MK8 Deluxe on the way.

I already like the Switch better than the Wii U.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of the best puzzle games I've ever played. I imported it from Japan two years ago for the PS4 because I thought it would never come to North America, but somehow it has.

So I bought it for the PS4, and gamefly'd it for the Switch. Disappointingly almost no one is online for the PS4. The most I've seen is 5 total people, I hope the Switch version has a more activate online community.
Old April 27th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #24
Vid Gamer

I suck at puzzle games, damn...

Kamiko comes out on the Switch eShop today for $5. It's a short game but for $5 you can't really go wrong. It's like Zelda x Hyper Light Drifter.

Last edited by Viper : April 27th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old April 27th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #25
bigloser

Hyper Light Drifter... I really need to play that. I bought a physical copy from Iam8bit... they did a limited run. Pretty happy with the package, but I have yet to play it.

https://store.iam8bit.com/collection...-physical-game

Last edited by bigloser : April 27th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: