ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old January 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM   #1
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Talking You get XB1 achievements for using fucking YOUTUBE!?

What the fuck!? LOL! Does the XBOX ONE give you achievements for EVERYTHING you do? I literally got two achievements for using Youtube on my console. One for liking a video, and another for subscribing to a new channel.

Is the same shit going to happen when I use Netflix and Hulu? I've been out of gaming for a while so this is all sort of of hilarious to me.
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:21 AM   #2
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Yeah, I seem to recall getting a couple achievements for using Netflix. I think one of them was for rating X number of movies. I also believe the achievements don't award you any actual gamer points.

Last edited by Jerome : January 4th, 2017 at 01:29 AM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
...there are achievements for Twitch and watching somethings for a while as well. It stops after a while and you'Lloyd just be earning regular game achievements.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 10:14 PM   #4
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

I just got a 'secret' 5G achievement for watching 5 hours of gaming content on Youtube on my XBOX ONE.
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:40 AM   #5
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
I just got a 'secret' 5G achievement for watching 5 hours of gaming content on Youtube on my XBOX ONE.
There are 10 achievements for YouTube and none of them give you any points. Only games can add points.

https://majornelson.com/2013/06/12/x...-achievements/
https://www.trueachievements.com/gam...e/achievements
Old January 13th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #6
Aeon Storm

Question

What was the 5 in the notification for? I don't know much about achievement points.
Old January 13th, 2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
What was the 5 in the notification for? I don't know much about achievement points.
I can't think what they look like now, but I know Microsoft recently added the % of people that have unlocked an achievement you got. Maybe it was 5% of Xbox users unlocked the achievement you got. I'm just guessing though.
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #8
Aeon Storm

I believe all three of the ones I got for Youtube had a 5 in the notification thingie.
Old January 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #9
Jerome

I fired up the YouTube app the other day and purposely liked a video (since I never did it before) and of course it triggered an achievement. There was no indication of any sort of points on the pop-up. It just gave me the achievement name, and that was it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: