ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old December 28th, 2016, 08:36 PM   #1
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Double Dragon 4 Trailer

I'm I crazy or do I remember there not only being a 4th Double Dragon game back in the 90s, but a 5th as well? Why not just call it Double Dragon and give it a reboot?

Also, not feeling the look of DD4. I love pixel art, but the good pixel art games look like they could of been released in the 90s, but use modern techniques to make them look much nicer than they ever could of in the 90s. Double Dragon 4 looks like it's trying to be a little too faithful to the early 90s aesthetic.

Old December 29th, 2016, 12:12 AM   #2
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Wow, that looks like shit.
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Wow, that looks like shit.
I kept waiting for the part that didn't look like shit, but it never came....

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #4
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs down

I mean this is REALLY garbage.
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:54 PM   #5
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
...I'm beyond confused why they went for NES style graphics when there's an arcade game look that they could have run with.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM   #6
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser
I'm I crazy or do I remember there not only being a 4th Double Dragon game back in the 90s, but a 5th as well? Why not just call it Double Dragon and give it a reboot?
I remember there being a 2nd and 3rd, but had to check Wikipedia to see about a 4th and 5th. The 4th game was called "Super Double Dragon" and it was exclusive to the SNES. Then came Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls, for the SNES and Genesis... except it was a head-to-head fighting game, and not a side scrolling beat-em-up.

Double Dragon
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone
Super Double Dragon
Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Double Dragon (head-to-head fighting game for the Neo-Geo)
Double Dragon Advance (remake of the original, for GBA)
Double Dragon Neon
Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons (3D remake of Double Dragon II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...I'm beyond confused why they went for NES style graphics when there's an arcade game look that they could have run with.
Yeah, I don't get it.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:12 PM   #7
Aeon Storm

I can't stop talking about how HORRIBLE this shit looks.

Gaming is just ALL OVER the place now!
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:11 AM   #8
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
The new trailer makes DD4 look a little better... also believe it's coming out later today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: