ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old August 12th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
2014 Gamescom: Microsoft's Press Conference

Considering some of the rumors that were going around, Microsoft's Gamescom press conference is rather ho-hum, but there was a few cool things announced.

Quote:
The Halo 5: Guardians beta date is being moved slightly, from December 27 to January 17, to December 29 to January 18. Things you unlock in the beta will carry over to the retail game.

A "Halo Channel" is coming to the Xbox, which will feature GamePlay streams, powered by Twitch. There will be support for second screen displays, and according to JoyStiq, "players will be able to launch games from the network, which also organizes multiplayer data, videos, player rewards and social networking tools."

Pre-order and Pre-downloading is coming to select Xbox One titles, which includes Forza Horizon 2 and FIFA 15.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox.

The multiplayer beta for Fable Legends will be available on October 16.

The bundle featuring a white Xbox One, with a digital copy of Sunset Overdrive, is official. It'll retail for $399 US and release October 28.

Microsoft's indie development initiative, [email protected], is going to be launching a bunch of indie games first, to consoles, on Xbox One:
  • Blues and Bullets
  • Cuphead
  • Dungeon of the Endless
  • Fruit Ninja Kinect 2
  • Funk of the Titans
  • Ghost of a Tale
  • Goat Simulator
  • Gunscape
  • Massive Chalice
  • Inside
  • Knight Squad
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • IDARB
  • No Time to Explain
  • Plague Inc: Evolved
  • Rivals of Aether
  • Smite
  • Slash Dash
  • Space Engineers
  • Spectra
  • Pneuma: Breath of Life
  • Threes!
  • The Escapists
  • Volgarr: The Viking
  • Superhot

The beta for Evolve will begin in January.
Old August 12th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Being a fan of Max Payne and Alan Wake, I've really been looking forward to Quantum Break. They've finally released a gameplay demo:

Looks awesome, although I hope the frame rate gets smoothed out. However, since it's a demo, I won't be overly critical.
Old August 12th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Jerome

Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta trailer:

Old August 13th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta trailer:
Sounds like they fixed everything that was wrong with Halo 4.

Looking forward to the beta.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #5
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Quantum Break looks incredibly mundane.
Old August 14th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #6
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
Quantum Break looks incredibly mundane.
This. I was sadly disappointed. There is really nothing we haven't seen before. Action seems slow. Cool idea excited poorly, story wise I hope it holds up. Kinda wanna know what lets big armored guys in the "freeze" areas and what their point of view looks like compared to the main character. Then again, it also could not be that deep at all.

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 03:05 AM   #7
Jerome

Sort of an old threat to use, but there's apparently only 2 or 3 threads that even mention Quantum Break, so I'm putting it here:

Considering how good Alan Wake was, I'm still looking forward to this one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: