ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old August 4th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #1
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Windows 10 and xbone

Anyone try it yet? I'm planning on getting the rare collection and GOW to play on my surface.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM   #2
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
Anyone try it yet? I'm planning on getting the rare collection and GOW to play on my surface.
I played Halo Master Chief Collection and it ran surprisingly smooth and responsive. The graphics are washed out a little bit but I rarely play my XB1 so it might be the game itself. My computer is wired but the XB1 I played on was wireless. It's much better than I thought it would be.
Old August 4th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #3
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Used on my Yoga 2 and it worked pretty decently, both wireless. Cant try it on my PC yet because W10 is being held back until they can fix some compatibility issues
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 07:17 PM   #4
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Installing now, btw should work fine on a Surface, has more juice than my yoga 2
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 08:54 AM   #5
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping to be able to DL w10 eventually... Good lord.

Old August 6th, 2015, 07:22 PM   #6
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
Don't have an Xbox One yet but I downloaded Windows 10 on my Yoga 2 last weekend and I am SO glad to finally be rid of that accursed Windows 8.1. I like it so far. Better organized and easier to navigate.

Have Windows XP on the Netbook, Windows 7 on the desktop and regular laptops, and Windows 10 on the Yoga 2.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I haven't tried streaming my Xbox One to my PC yet, but I am really liking the Xbox App for some of the other features it offers. Maybe this weekend I'll finally try the game streaming, just to test it out.
Old September 5th, 2015, 08:13 PM   #8
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
I been using the Streaming often, sometimes it has hiccups but most the time its smooth.

Helpful when the gf and 7 month old baby are watching TV

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #9
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

I finally did get around to streaming, a few days after my initial post, and it worked pretty well. Every so often there was a hiccup though. It wasn't bad, and my Xbox One is connected to my network via wi-fi, so I wonder how much it'd improve if I actually hard-wired it.

I was a little disappointed to discover my PC wasn't good enough to act as a DVR. Not that I'd use it regularly, but I went to try it and it said I needed a Radeon HD 7000 series or higher card. My PC has a 6850
Old September 14th, 2015, 01:19 PM   #10
turningpoint

I keep forgetting to do this, but, quick question.
Which controller do you use?

Do you use the actual Xbone controller? Or do you have to buy a Xbox one for PC?

And if so, can you use a xbox 360 controller.

Old September 14th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #11
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
I think its One controller only. You just plug it in the PC via micro usb cord

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM   #12
Jerome

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use a regular old Xbox One controller, on the PC, by just hooking it up with a USB cable. If you want to go wireless they have a USB/Wireless adapter for your computer.

However, when you're streaming to your PC the controller is still talking to the Xbox One, and not your computer. The only thing your computer is doing is getting the video signal.
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:00 PM   #13
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
If you want to go wireless they have a USB/Wireless adapter for your computer.
I'm a little out of the loop on this but I'm pretty sure the wireless adaptor isn't out yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
However, when you're streaming to your PC the controller is still talking to the Xbox One, and not your computer. The only thing your computer is doing is getting the video signal.
When you hook the controller up to your PC/tablet everything goes over your network. You can even plug a wired mic straight into your PC. Steam Streaming is the same way.

I've never heard anyone keeping their controller synced to their console and it communicating that way. Maybe it's possible but I doubt it. Shit would be out of sync.

Peter, you cannot use a 360 controller. And an Xbox One for PC controller is the same exact controller. It just comes with a micro USB cord.

Last edited by Ibe6yoube9 : September 15th, 2015 at 11:02 PM.
Ibe6yoube9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:04 PM   #14
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I'm a little out of the loop on this but I'm pretty sure the wireless adaptor isn't out yet.
Ah, you're right! It's coming out November 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I've never heard anyone keeping their controller synced to their console and it communicating that way. Maybe it's possible but I doubt it.
When I was streaming to my PC I was using my Xbox One controller wirelessly, and it wasn't connected to my computer via a USB cable. It had to have been communicating with my Xbox.
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #15
turningpoint

See that's what I'm trying to find out, because I want to play in my bedroom and xbox one is not within controller communication distance...

I'll try to get the ball rolling tonight, I just keep forgetting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: