ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Tough Mudder

Any of the locals want to join the Muddy Helmets in this (or next really) year's Tough Mudder?
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM   #2
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
This just might be the event that convinces me to train. Marathon training, while great for my well-being, was very anti-climatic. That said, there's no way I could train and even be close to ready for April.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2010, 08:34 PM   #3
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
2012 for us. I am recovering from my back injury. In the process of strengthening.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault's Head View Post
Any of the locals want to join the Muddy Helmets in this (or next really) year's Tough Mudder?
The last two events sound insane, the live wire thing and fire thing...are those real? I kinda just browsed through it, sounds too crazy for me though.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
The last two events sound insane, the live wire thing and fire thing...are those real? I kinda just browsed through it, sounds too crazy for me though.
Can't wait for the live wire run.
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Meursault's Head

Hardest 11 miles I've ever traveled. I don't think I've ever put my body through that kind of workout. Beaten, sore, cut and bruised this morning.

The live wires threw my bud down into the mud. I got lucky and only had two shocks.
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #7
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 22
Send a message via AIM to texbumTHElife
I will be doing my time on Oct 8th. Looking damn forward to it too.
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #8
Meursault's Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbumTHElife View Post
I will be doing my time on Oct 8th. Looking damn forward to it too.
It was a blast.
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #9
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Send a message via AIM to Xeo
This looks fucking awesome... now looking to recruit some buddies to try Tri-State 2011...

gunna' give me a reason to train even harder in the gym, beyond wanting to look good at shore this summer, lol...
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #10
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 186
I'll be running the Warrior Dash on June 11th. I believe it's very similar in nature to Tough Mudder, only this race is much shorter. 3.5 miles I believe. I'd like to do one of the longer races in the future though.
erp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Meursault's Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by erp View Post
I'll be running the Warrior Dash on June 11th. I believe it's very similar in nature to Tough Mudder, only this race is much shorter. 3.5 miles I believe. I'd like to do one of the longer races in the future though.
At the 3.5 mile mark while running through the woods (and after a number of beatings) there was a huge banner saying "WARRIOR DASH FINISH!!! But you're doing the Tough Mudder - You still have over 8 miles to go!!"

I saw there were spots available for the Sunday Dash - I may sign up for that.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #12
texbumTHElife

texbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond reputetexbumTHElife has a reputation beyond repute

Head, what kind of training, if any did you do for Mudder? Are you generally a very fit person or did you train up?
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #13
Meursault's Head

Quote:
Head, what kind of training, if any did you do for Mudder? Are you generally a very fit person or did you train up?
Generally pretty fit for an over 40 guy. I didn't actually train for it specifically. Prior to signing up I was doing my normal 3-4 mornings at the gym and running a few nights and weekends (usually tossing in a 10 to 15 mile run in on Sunday morning). Around November I started having issues with a planter's heel which really curtailed my running over the next few months. I actually did nothing for the two weeks leading up to the Mudder and was really only getting one run a week in to allow for recovery time for my foot between prior to that. I was a little worried going in.

I felt really good up until about the 9th mile and then I started to really feel it in my legs (and on that last mile you have to carry a log up and back.. just cruel). If I do this again next year I will make a point of running more trails and hills. My general route did not prepare me for running up the required elevations over and over and over and over again.
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #14
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Even though I stand up for long periods of time and never stop working....for me otherwise an endurance challenge would be seeing how fast and I can run to the fridge to grab a beer, find the remote, and remember what I was watching before the commercials end. You guys are bad motherfuckers.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #15
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

The wifey and I are thinking about doing this. We did the Mud Run and that was fun and exhausting. If so it will be Oct 8th.
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Meursault's Head

Here is a nine minute tour of the Saturday run.
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #17
texbumTHElife

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
The wifey and I are thinking about doing this. We did the Mud Run and that was fun and exhausting. If so it will be Oct 8th.
Let me know when/if you sign up. We can hit it together. Well, until I leave you lillies stuck in the mud that is...
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #18
texbumTHElife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault's Head View Post
Here is a nine minute tour of the Saturday run.
Oh man, that log carry looks absolutely brutal!
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #19
Meursault's Head

Next is the Goruck Challenge. Makes the Mudder look like pussyshit.
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #20
George

Quote:
Let me know when/if you sign up. We can hit it together. Well, until I leave you lillies stuck in the mud that is...
Ha! Bet. =)
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #21
texbumTHElife

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Ha! Bet. =)
Name your price.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #22
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 186
I had a great time at the Mid-Atlantic Tough Mudder on Saturday. For me, the greatest challenge was dealing with the weather. It was 45 degrees and we were soaking wet. One guy in our group was very under prepared so it took way longer than anticipated.

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was also there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...c-tough-mudder

Unfortunately there was a death during the race. It happened at the "Walk The Plank" obstacle about 15 minutes after I went through. It requires you to climb a wall then jump down about 15 feet into a pit of water. That obstacle freaked me out the most. As I stood at the top looking down I thought about how easily somebody could get seriously injured.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,3954904.story
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM   #23
Meursault's Head

Damn... you hate to see something like that. I saw a few guys that required help getting out of the water after the jump when I did it (not encouraging when you're scaling the wall to the platform).

They were pretty good at only sending people one at a time to ensure they surfaced and had a number of divers in the water around the landing area. That rush of cold was a shock (not to mention trying to swim with sneakers). I made a beeline for the guide rope.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: