ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Buying/Selling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Games Wanted: 0
Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 Black + accessories - $300

http://www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-...d-16gb-209554/

I don't know yet if I will sell it, but I'm considering going to the LG Nexus 4. Looking at Ebay, I see my phone in used condition getting bids for $300+, and that comes with less stuff than mine. So, I'm asking a FIRM $300 for CC members (I'm listing at $325 in 2 weeks on Ebay if not sold here).

What's included:
-phone in PRISTINE condition, no dings/dents/scratches anywhere except on screen protector, 16GB internal storage
-all original accessories, box, manual(s)
-SanDisk 32GB Class 2 (Class 6 performance as tested) MicroSDHC installed
-official Samsung MHL (phone to HDMI) adapter, supports 1080p output
-UK to US plug adapter (phone is UK model)
-SGP Oleophobic screen protector x2 (1 brand new in packaging, 1 installed for 13 months, slightly scratched)
-SGP Ultra Capsule case - black
-SGP Neo Hybrid case (black on black)

Works on all US GSM networks (AT&T, T-Mobile, and any resellers under them). Works on AT&T's Medianet plan ($10/mo unlimited non-throttled data with no tethering restrictions). Phone is non-carrier branded, gets updates faster than US versions. Has Android 4.0.4 on it right now, slated to get 4.1 late November/Early December (US versions will be after February, if at all). No carrier bloatware, just Google and Samsung software. Allows you to remove most pre-installed extra software (unlike carrier-branded versions).

Just to clarify, my intent is to move to the LG Nexus 4 as an option. That will only occur if I get my asking price on here or Ebay. I'm offering to sell to CC members for less than the going rate, and in better condition. If I don't sell it, then I keep it until I see a quad-core A15 in a device that I want. This desire for an upgrade is due more from "ooh, shiny new toy" syndrome than any need to get a "better" device.

EDIT: I have never rooted, installed a custom ROM, or overclocked this. Never desired to. Also, this really is the international version, complete with physical home button as pictured (the other android buttons are capacitive, located left/right of the home button). And how well does it tether? I'm just past halfway through my billing cycle, used over 20GB this month, and it's my home internet connection for my laptop right now due to a move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	samsung-galaxy-sii-galaxy-s2_1920x1080_534-hd.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	7201  

Last edited by Exodus : October 30th, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

/in before Peter claims overpriced

Last time I listed a bunch of items, I got equal to or higher than my CC asking price elsewhere on everything but three games, which I packaged to a well-known forum member for cheap to finalize the sale.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:18 AM   #3
ritesh_gehlot

ritesh_gehlot has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
Thumbs up

nice post i like this post and thanks for share .
ritesh_gehlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #4
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Spammer detected.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #5
notsofun28

notsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant future

how do you get AT&T medianet? I've never heard of it...
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #6
notsofun28

notsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofun28 View Post
how do you get AT&T medianet? I've never heard of it...
I should say that I'd be very interested in this phone if I can get a cheap data plan like the one you just mentioned. I already have an iPhone for all my needs, but I love tech and would enjoy being able to give Google Now a spin.
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofun28 View Post
I should say that I'd be very interested in this phone if I can get a cheap data plan like the one you just mentioned. I already have an iPhone for all my needs, but I love tech and would enjoy being able to give Google Now a spin.
AT&T Medianet is their unlimited data plan for non-smartphones. It's $15/month for unlimited non-throttled data (unlike grandfathered data plans that throttle after 3GB). If you have unlimited texting on your plan, then it's $10/mo for medianet.

Obviously, my phone is a smartphone. AT&T bases their knowledge of your phone on the IMEI number. Every phone falls under a database of IMEI numbers. If AT&T sells the phone directly, then they have the entire IMEI database and the phone is detected as a smartphone. If AT&T does not sell the phone directly, they they often do not have the IMEI database. Case in point, even though AT&T does sell a SGS2, it's slightly different and has a model number of SGH-i777, and falls under a different IMEI database. However, AT&T can add an IMEI database at any time, as international SGS3 and Galaxy Nexus users found out this past month. When that happens, you are automatically enrolled in the $30/3GB plan, and thankfully not retroactively.

If you want to be on AT&T's network and aren't already in a family plan contract like me, Straight Talk may be a better solution. It's $45/mo (or cheaper if prepaid for 3/6/12 months) for unlimited everything. Also, data is faster on there. AT&T's Medianet has a data speed cap of 7.2mbps, which I have hit quite often. Straight Talk doesn't have that cap, so you can use the full 21mbps radio of the SGS2. I've seen users hit about 15mbps with it.

See attachments for my recent data usage on Medianet

You're not limited to this phone, btw. There are countless phones out there that you could get brand new that have newer tech. Yes, I know that I'm pitching other phones to you which would reduce my chance of a sale. But, I want you to get the ideal device for you. Besides, I'm leaning towards not selling mine now and instead waiting on something better. So let me know if you're interested in these kinds of phones and plans. I made a thread for this kind of stuff:

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=191931
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-04-09-54-17.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	7204  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-04-09-54-42.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	7205  
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #8
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Is it possible to use the $15/mo data plan w/o any other services from AT&T?
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #9
Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgarriel View Post
Is it possible to use the $15/mo data plan w/o any other services from AT&T?
Not that I am aware of. Closest I know of is the $30 T-Mobile plan.
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #10
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
I'd like google now, how do you get it?

Exodus, i think the price is good.

DId you ever use the phone while going to the restroom?

Just making sure it doesn't have any poop on it.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #11
Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
I'd like google now, how do you get it?

Exodus, i think the price is good.

DId you ever use the phone while going to the restroom?

Just making sure it doesn't have any poop on it.
Google Now comes with Android 4.1. This phone is supposed to get 4.1 sometime this month. Not sure if/when the US variants will get it. Sprint is the only carrier confirmed as getting a 4.1 update on a Galaxy S2 variant. The benefits of a non-branded handset

Yes, I have used it in the bathroom. Sorry to disappoint. Worse still, the phone may have been used to text in donations to the Obama campaign.
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #12
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Google Now comes with Android 4.1. This phone is supposed to get 4.1 sometime this month. Not sure if/when the US variants will get it. Sprint is the only carrier confirmed as getting a 4.1 update on a Galaxy S2 variant. The benefits of a non-branded handset

Yes, I have used it in the bathroom. Sorry to disappoint. Worse still, the phone may have been used to text in donations to the Obama campaign.
Huh well hopefully i can update my phone.

Donate to whoever you want, just don't claim it on your taxes, wouldn't want to accuse you of being a tax dodger.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #13
Exodus

No longer on the market. After seeing the thermal issues with the Nexus 4 (using glue to seal a hard plastic case with glass front/back prevents ventilation!? no wai!), I've decided to avoid it. I had other issues with it as well.

I'm going to see what the Galaxy S4 (April/May) and the "Nexus 5" (November 2013?) have to offer. Ideally I want my next phone to have quad-core A15, 1080p (will gladly accept 720p though if they can keep the screen under 5"), HSPA+42, and hopefully US LTE bands (700, 1700, 2100). Given how cheap I am on data plans, the LTE support isn't necessary, just a bonus.
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #14
Exodus

Re-listing. I'll post the link to Swappa when it's approved, but apparently typical sell value hasn't decreased on this.

Once it's displayed, if you like what all is included (accessories have changed), PM me and we'll work out a Consolecity deal.

EDIT: http://swappa.com/listing/BQW873/view

Again, for CC users, you can get it cheaper. PM me if interested.

Last edited by Exodus : June 30th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #15
Exodus

To address previous questions:

Phone now has Android 4.1.2 w/Google Now. Android 4.2.2 update has been confirmed as the final update for this phone. No timeline given as it is already >2 years old (launched 04/11).

Still MediaNet compatible.

While you can't use it on only the $15 plan, if you add it as a line on a family plan, it's $9.99 for the line and $10/$15 for the unlimited data, depending on your texting plan. This is cheaper than a standalone TMO data plan and has more voice minutes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: