ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old June 4th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #1
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Microsoft's E3 2012 Conference (ended)

Microsoft's press conference

Time: 09:30 AM PT
Length: 90 minutes
Venue: Galen Center in Los Angeles

E3 Hubs: Streams:
Will also be available over Xbox LIVE.
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #2
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
O joy to more kinect crap.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
I'll have to see if my current internet connection is fast enough to stream it.
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
I'll just be getting on a bus back to NY when the conf. starts. The bus has free wifi so I should be able to watch it.
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold
Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
Hopefully they show some Forza Horizon gameplay.
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #6
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Splitner Cell has Spy versus Mercs again.

Looks like the stealth is basically completely gone in the campaign.
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post

Ugh... I can't say I'm surprised though, considering the direction the game was starting to take, after the last one. Shame.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #8
bigloser

Nothing really worth mentioning from this conference.

Halo looked nice I guess, that's about it.
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #9
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:

THey say it will haVE BOTH.

and IMFG YES YES YES YES!!!!!

SPY VS MERCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God if it's anything like SC:CT or SC:PT i'll cry.

What i finad hard to believe is that SC:Conviction came out in 2008, it shouldn't take 5 years to make a new game, from the same engine.

EDIT: it came ount in 2010, ehh 3 years aint bad, but would be nice if they could get on a COD like streak.....

Last edited by turningpoint : June 4th, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #10
bigloser

Activision is able to put out a yearly Call of Duty because they have multiple developers taking turns at the yearly release. So even though the games are being released every year, they are really on a 2 year development cycle with huge development teams.
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Splinter Cell looks like MGS now.

What a crap conference. I hope Kinect is just destroyed and never heard from again when the next Xbox hits. If it gets integrated with some "Kinect 2" then I'm going to cry.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #12
bigloser

Last edited by bigloser : June 4th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #13
Jerome

This was probably the worst E3 Microsoft has done to date. Am I the only one who was bored out of his mind during the demonstration of Black Ops 2? That's how they end the show? I actually put the streaming going shortly after they showed off Halo 4, so I went back and just got done watching the Halo 4 footage. They should have ended with that... and not just because Halo 4 is one of the most popular exclusives they have on the console, compared to some game that will be on like 3 other platforms... but at least it wasn't boring.

Halo 4 looked great. I'm also interested in the next Forza, and Gears of War: Judgment. I'm even curious about that new South Park game, considering it's actually an RPG Obsidian Entertainment! The only I'm concerned with is it's almost a year away and it looks like it's going to be a DLC, Episodic Content deal. Matter might be cool too, once they show more, but while watching it I couldn't help but think I was watching a trailer for the next Portal game.

Last edited by Jerome : June 4th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #14
bigloser

Nah, i completely agree. Awful conference. I dunno if it was the worst ever, I think the Nintendo 2008 conference where they featured Wii Music was pretty terrible, but it's down there.

And Call of Duty is just so noisey and boring at this point. I think I must be getting old or something, because each version sales over 20 million.
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #15
Jerome

Quote:
Nah, i completely agree. Awful conference. I dunno if it was the worst ever, I think the Nintendo 2008 conference where they featured Wii Music was pretty terrible, but it's down there.
Oh, it definitely wasn't the worst ever. I just think it was Microsoft's own personal worst, to date. I too think Nintendo's 2008 conference his terrible. That's probably the worst one ever, in my opinion... or it's one of the worst. It's hard to think back to some of the other bad ones, but that whole "we have stuff for the hardcore gamer, no here's Wii Music!" was awful!

Last edited by Jerome : June 4th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #16
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road
...gaming is dead to me now.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #17
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
...gaming is dead to me now.
I'm definitely slowing down. It's actually pretty terrible to think the only game I see myself purchasing in the next 3-4 months is the Olympics game. I'm always a sucker for those goofy button mashing games.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #18
bigloser

I dunno, I still love games. But I think I have wider tastes than most. So I usually can find something that interests me, even if it's a good XBLA title.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #19
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Quote:
I dunno, I still love games. But I think I have wider tastes than most. So I usually can find something that interests me, even if it's a good XBLA title.
Me too, it's just a lot of current games are pretty lame to me. The only game video that you posted that I will even watch is the South Park game. I will play the hell out of that game I am sure. I have 4 games in my current rotation right now. Diablo 3, UFC 3, NHL 12 and I've been puttering with Final Fantasy 9 off and on for a few months.

Between now and Christmas I honestly see myself purchasing only a handful of games. London Olympics, NHL 13, I might pick up Madden this year with the improvements, and the two different South Park titles that are coming out. The shooter genre is more or less dead to me, the last game I honestly enjoyed was Ghost Recon, and it was only when I played with you and Peter and Guru and all those guys. Hearing some whiny 12 year old call people racist names all day makes me want vomit.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #20
bigloser

Yeah, too many of the big budget games are trying to be Call of Duty it seems. Even Tomb Raider seems to have some COD in it's DNA.

I'll be glad when companies go back to being happy with a franchise that sells a few million copies, and not trying to do 20 million + Call of Duty numbers.

It's just making everything seem the same, even Resident Evil is doing it.
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #21
molsonmuscle

Quote:
Yeah, too many of the big budget games are trying to be Call of Duty it seems. Even Tomb Raider seems to have some COD in it's DNA.

I'll be glad when companies go back to being happy with a franchise that sells a few million copies, and not trying to do 20 million + Call of Duty numbers.

It's just making everything seem the same, even Resident Evil is doing it.
Gaming has become so mainstream these days that I just don't really see that happening until the next gen is over. Once games go totally digital then we will have smaller devs making more epic style games. And hopefully bigger devs taking a few more risks. But it will be a while, look at THQ. They are dying fast, and the games they put out last year all sold half decent, it's just they needed those games to sell like Madden or CoD to get themselves out of the hole they were in.
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #22
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
Halo 4 looks great....
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #23
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 77
Games Wanted: 61
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Fuck, Halo 4 looks awesome.
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #24
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 73

Bigg Russ
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Whew! Now that we got all of THAT outta the way, NBA 2K13 gameplay will be shown later tonight!!!
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #25
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
Gaming has become so mainstream these days that I just don't really see that happening until the next gen is over. Once games go totally digital then we will have smaller devs making more epic style games. And hopefully bigger devs taking a few more risks. But it will be a while, look at THQ. They are dying fast, and the games they put out last year all sold half decent, it's just they needed those games to sell like Madden or CoD to get themselves out of the hole they were in.
Smaller devs cannot afford to make epic games(I am talking Halo, Gears of War, etc). Digital distribution won't change anything.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: