ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Retro Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Retro Games For the retro gamer in you, system unspecific.

Old February 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #1
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: xIceCBx
PSN: IceCB

Games Owned: 56
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
Rebuilding Collection

Just pick up a brand new looking Saturn with box which still had its original price on it for 16$. It even came with the original manual. Also pick up a brand new looking Genesis model 2 and Sega cd for 30$. Both look like they have never been used.
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFan View Post
Just pick up a brand new looking Saturn with box which still had its original price on it for 16$. It even came with the original manual. Also pick up a brand new looking Genesis model 2 and Sega cd for 30$. Both look like they have never been used.
Good job, and good lucking on finding the games you want.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Awesome. One of these days I gotta' check out eBay and see if I can grab a few other Saturn games I never was able to get when the system was out.
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #4
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Please the used book store up the street is LOADED with Sega shit.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #5
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 77
Games Wanted: 61
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Good job, and good lucking on finding the games you want.
Is it your Saturn or 32x collection complete ?
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I didn't think either is. I know that he has almost ever domestic 32X release, but I thought that he was missing Spider-Man :Web of Fire. I could be wrong though.
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #7
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
I enjoy seeing collections online, but I have no desire to own one myself anymore. I have a shitload of games and systems in boxes, (yes, even after the infamous Dumpster Purge), and I'm getting sick of having them. I don't have the urge to set up a "real" system anymore. When I want Retro I use the Wii's VC.

I used to miss the old physical systems, the weirdly shaped N64, the freakishly enlarged US TG-16 version of the tiny PC Engine complete with giant plastic briefcase for the CD / TG-16 combo.

But I don't anymore. For me personally, the nostalgia and fun is all about what was on the screen, not what was sitting beside the TV. And I really don't miss buying those Radio Shack composite video switchers that seemed to work for a year before frying. (Now they have really expensive ones that probably work a bit longer.) I don't miss the nest of cables behind the TV either.

The only retro bit of hardware I wish I had is the Virtual Boy since that can't be duplicated on the VC, (or the PC). I have two of the damn things. One I can't find, (somewhere in the maze of boxes in the house), the other has that stupid Virtual Boy ailment, the lines through the screen. I found out that's incredibly common as VB's age, even if you don't use them, so I suspect the other VB is in the same sorry state.

Old Systems I still own:

Genesis/Sega CD
NES
SNES
2 (busted) Virtual Boys
Game Boy (Original B&W Model)
Atari Lynx (The original giant model with the easily scratched screen.)
Sega Master System and (somewhere) the 3D glasses.
PS1 (purchased lauch day, and still working...as far as I know.)

And a bunch of games for those systems, plus Saturn and Dreamcast games.

Someday when I have time, I'll organize them all and start selling the collection off. Don't worry, I'll put them up for sale here first.

Last edited by DG : February 28th, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM   #8
krazy

krazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond reputekrazy has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 77
Games Wanted: 61
Send a message via AIM to krazy Send a message via MSN to krazy Send a message via Yahoo to krazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
I didn't think either is. I know that he has almost ever domestic 32X release, but I thought that he was missing Spider-Man :Web of Fire. I could be wrong though.
I swear I thought one of them was. By complete I mean domestic.
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
I swear I thought one of them was. By complete I mean domestic.
http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74618

This was a few years ago. Perhaps he's since completed his 32X collection.
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
Is it your Saturn or 32x collection complete ?
My Saturn collection will never be complete. There are too many games, and when you get into imports, it gets ridiculously expensive. One of the most valuable "games" is a Japanese import that some real estate company used to show off homes. Honestly, a complete Saturn collection doesn't interest me.

My US 32X collection is nearly 100% complete. I have every single US released game, plus the Fifa UK import. The only thing I'm missing is the book to something (I forget which one), and the book and box to Dion Sanders WSB. I am happy to just own the cart, though, considering how insanely expensive it has become. However, I am always keeping my eye out for it.

That said, I'll probably never own the UK DarXide or the JP Romance of the Three Kingdoms, considering that they sell in the 100s. A UK Primal Rage went for over $1000. I am content with the US set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Check my collection. I finally got one. Just a few weeks ago. Pretty big collecting milestone for me. I'm also pretty sure I never told Alex about it.

I do have a complete domestic Microvision collection including the EU only Super Blockbuster. Although one game may be missing an insert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
Please the used book store up the street is LOADED with Sega shit.
Probably just shit. If there's something good there, I'll buy it from you.

Last edited by Overkill : March 1st, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: