ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #1
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Pacquiao vs. Clottey

Anyone going to watch this? This should have been Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Jr. in what probably would have been boxings biggest fight, but the two couldn't work anything out.

Clottey has 3 losses with only 2 in the past 4 years (Margarito and barely by Cotto) and one in 1999, for a 35-3 record. I've never watched the guy, so I'm skeptical.

More than likely I will order it, but it's not a 'huge' fight that I been anticipating. I don't even care who wins for the most part, but some of me wants Pacquiao to win so if Mayweather Jr. wins in May we could possibly see the fight between the two. Actually I want Mosley to beat Mayweather Jr's ass.
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Clottey lost a fight to Cotto that many (not me) felt he won...

he also was beating Margarito fairly easily until about the 6th round, when he broke both his hands and had to basically just cover up the rest of the way... and still, i felt the fight was very close...

Clottey is a tough fighter who doesn't leave himself open for punishment... he stays tight and has a granite chin... he's also big for the weight...

he should test pacman, but i don't know if he could mount enough offense to win... should still be interesting...

and mosley is gunna fuck mayweather up.

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:57 AM   #3
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Clottey lost a fight to Cotto that many (not me) felt he won...

he also was beating Margarito fairly easily until about the 6th round, when he broke both his hands and had to basically just cover up the rest of the way... and still, i felt the fight was very close...

Clottey is a tough fighter who doesn't leave himself open for punishment... he stays tight and has a granite chin... he's also big for the weight...

he should test pacman, but i don't know if he could mount enough offense to win... should still be interesting...

and mosley is gunna fuck mayweather up.
Right on everything, except for that last sentence. We'll have to wait till May 1st to find out. If Mosley does win, I don't think Pacquiao should fight him because he'd get his ass handed to him, IMO. I think Pacquiao should do 2-3 fights (nothing stupid), then go out on top.

As for tonight's match, it's a shame Clottey didn't give himself a chance. He knew he was going to lose and just wanted to survive rather than take a chance and risk getting knocked out. He was scared. It's a shame because he won't ever be in a fight this big in his career again.

Last edited by SmAsHeD IxNaY : March 14th, 2010 at 01:00 AM.
SmAsHeD IxNaY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: