ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > PC
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC The oldest and most flexible gaming platform, the PC has evolved and remained a mainstay for gamers. Get your PC gaming and general rig discussion here.

Old December 23rd, 2000, 12:48 PM   #1
Xero

Xero is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 41
Games Wanted: 0
Post New Unreal Tournament Bonus Pack

Epic posted a new Bonus Pack for UT (pack 4), with some new levels and skins. The skins are silly, I have not checked out the levels yet. Epic's servers were a bit clogged, you might also try getting it here, since it's a big (14MB) file.

------------------
If someone's getting on your nerves, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to raise your arm and bitch-slap the mother%&*$er upside the head
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2000, 01:00 PM   #2
Xero

I wen through and tried the new Deathmatch levels, and they're pretty cool. DM-Bishop is badass, and a few of the levels have new texture sets for me to play around with in UnrealED

------------------
If someone's getting on your nerves, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to raise your arm and bitch-slap the mother%&*$er upside the head
Old December 23rd, 2000, 03:29 PM   #3
GaMeRgUrU

GaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enough

Games Owned: 0
Question

Xero:
Hey, do you know of a patch for the Creative Labs bundled UT? I've installed it, then, installed the 436 creative labs patch, and everything seems fine. Then, I went to try to list some servers, and nothing came up, although my modem was transfering data in/out. Know where I would be able to get the pack to list servers?

------------------
GaMeRgUrU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2000, 04:39 PM   #4
Xero

I didn't know that It was a pack, since mine worked from the start (v432, patched to 436). The only time I've seen UT not find servers is either on demo versions and when the options/network tab has not been configured right.

------------------
Old December 23rd, 2000, 05:13 PM   #5
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
Paul,

You should be able to patch it with the regular patch I think, I was not aware that there was a difference... I guess there is, just went on Creatives News server. They pointed out this patch http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?...xe&scope=0&sec and I dunno, maybe the assault packs would help..

Unsure.. Why on earth do they bundle a version that won't take a standard patch

------------------
~Rookie
"Oderint Dum Metuant!"

[This message has been edited by RookieCAF (edited December 23, 2000).]
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2000, 10:54 PM   #6
GaMeRgUrU

GaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enoughGaMeRgUrU will become famous soon enough

Thanks again Bob. I had one of those 436 patches, yet when I tried to list for there servers, I had a big 0 show up on my screen, yet I know that UT works for my computer, since I had it before. I'll just try to uninstall this 436 patch I already have on my computer, and install the one that you presented. Thanks again Jabba Kingpin.

------------------
Old December 23rd, 2000, 11:14 PM   #7
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

No Problem, You may want to just kill the whole install and try that patch.

Worth a shot anyway...

------------------
~Rookie
"Oderint Dum Metuant!"

Quote:
that's correct.

Old December 24th, 2000, 12:14 AM   #8
GaMeRgUrU

Wink

Should I try to play it without the 436 patch? Because the server listing didn't work either with that 436 from the site that you refered me Rook.

Happy Christmas Eve to everyone anyhow.

------------------
Old December 24th, 2000, 12:37 AM   #9
RookieCAF

Arrow

What version is the CD? The server will let any version In I think, I have yet to install the game sice my last format. Can't hurt to try it without the patch, that or send of a email to Creative Labs Tech support and see if they have any ideas. They also have a news server at news://news.creativelabs.com/ (if you paste that in your browser it should set up outlook express for their newsserver I think

Happy Holidays to you as well Sir, and to all the posters here on the PC Board

*edits* F^%king UBB tags
------------------
~Rookie
"Oderint Dum Metuant!"

[This message has been edited by RookieCAF (edited December 23, 2000).]

Quote:
that's correct.

Old December 24th, 2000, 03:25 PM   #10
GaMeRgUrU

I think that I need some different drivers or something. That might be the issue. But, who knows. After the patch, the servers don't list. Uninstall UT and everything, and tried to play it through 428, and still no list. Oh well. I'm still waiting for the DC version of UT, hopefully it'll still retain of some the good qualities of UT.

------------------
Old December 24th, 2000, 06:41 PM   #11
RookieCAF

I still think you may get some ideas freom Creative Tech Support. It may take a few days with the holidays going on but maybe its a setting somewhere in the configuration..

------------------
~Rookie
"Oderint Dum Metuant!"

Quote:
that's correct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: