ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Thumbs down 2016 Elections are going to SUCK.

I don't recall ever seeing such a terrible selection of presidential candidates than the group we have right now. I can't stand Hilary, Bernie has no real chance, and the GOP is a clown car clusterfuck.

And it's like nobody really cares! If you wanted to make an argument about the disconnect between Washington DC, mainstream America, and the media, this would be the perfect case. It's all entertainment and insider political shenanigans.

Somebody is going to win this thing, but we're all going to lose.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2015, 12:13 PM   #2
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Yeah, I'm firmly in Bernie's camp, but he's going to get chewed up and spit out by Hillary. Which is unfortunate in the extreme.
Old October 24th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #3
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
I'm full Bernie as well. If not anything else he is going to make changes if he is elected or not. Hillary is already starting to side with some of his stances such as de-privatizing prisons. Hell our friend Ezra's group called that 6 months ago
http://www.vox.com/2015/4/30/8523793...ton-is-running

Trump on the other hand is causing the rest of the GOp to lean so far to right that they are all gonna look and sound nuts by general election time....
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #4
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is, it'll be very easy for her to campaign on that stuff and not do any of it. Especially if she doesn't have a Democrat Congressional majority.

Bernie really means it. I feel that, to Hillary, it's stuff she has to say to get elected.
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I thought the Republican field was pathetic back in 2012, when you had people like Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann vying for the nomination. It was bad enough they started off with 16 candidates, and have to split the debates into two groups, but there's not one of them I would vote for. I don't really know much about him, but I've heard decent things about John Kasich. Outside of that though, it's a mess.

What really boggles my mind is you have a guy like Ben Carson, who's a former neurosurgeon, so you're thinking "well this guy must be smart," but then he says some stupid stuff about the school shooting, in Oregon, or how perhaps the Jews could have prevented the Holocaust, if there was no gun control. How we may be nearing the end of days. That Obama Care is the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery. In a recent interview he basically proved he doesn't understand what the debt ceiling is... and this guy is leading in some polls. Don't get me started on the other main, front runner.

The Democratic side isn't much better, there's just far less to pick from. Lincoln Chafee had no chance, and man was it painful to watch him use the death of his Dad to explain his vote of Glass Steagall, during the debate. Jim Webb should have been at the Republican Debates. Lawrence Lessig is running on one single issue, and claims he'll resign once he accomplishes it, but he can't even get invited TO the Democratic debate. The Dems have one thing going for them, and that's Bernie. I'm hoping he can pull off what Obama did nearly 8 years ago, when a lot of people thought it was Hilary's to lose.
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #6
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Bernies job is to placate the liberal left. His role is to keep us optimistic and feeling like someone in that party cares about us. In reality, everyone knows that it's Hilary's "turn" so they're getting out of the way so she can lose and retire from public life.

Old October 29th, 2015, 04:04 PM   #7
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
...yeah, regardless of which way you lean there are no winners here.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:41 PM   #8
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
It really does blow my mind how much you guys drag this shit out. No wonder nobody gives a shit, it seems like its a just perpetual election going on down there.

I like how we had an entire campaign and election in 78 days (which makes it one of the longest in Canadian history) and you guys are still like a year away. I dont know how you all stand it. I was so over it after 2 months.
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:39 PM   #9
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
It really does blow my mind how much you guys drag this shit out. No wonder nobody gives a shit, it seems like its a just perpetual election going on down there.

I like how we had an entire campaign and election in 78 days (which makes it one of the longest in Canadian history) and you guys are still like a year away. I dont know how you all stand it. I was so over it after 2 months.
It's easy to ignore right now, they don't do a lot of advertising for the primaries.

But fuck, once the primaries are over and the actual presidential race begins I can't stand watching tv, youtube, listening to the radio, checking the mail, etc... The ads are terrible and frequent. Unbearable.
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:44 PM   #10
Pahn

Our House people serve 2 year terms, and I'm convinced 3 years of that is campaigning.
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #11
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Quote:

Our elections are messed up. I would love to see a set time frame, for when campaigning actually begins, and definitely not a full year ahead of the elections. People wonder why nothing ever gets done. When politicians are spending 80% of their time campaigning, what do you expect?

I also don't see why we need so many debates. I remember reading about some people criticizing the number of debates the Democrats are having (6 I think), compared to the Republicans (8 or 9). Just have 2... maybe 3, and be done with it!
Old October 30th, 2015, 08:35 AM   #12
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I also don't see why we need so many debates. I remember reading about some people criticizing the number of debates the Democrats are having (6 I think), compared to the Republicans (8 or 9). Just have 2... maybe 3, and be done with it!
That touches on another crazy aspect. How are there like 25 people running for president? Talk about an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Essentially they are all campaigning to be the representatives of one of the parties. So why dont the parties themselves say "okay look. 97% of you have no fucking chance of winning so here are the two actual, viable candidates. Pick one and lets move on". Why do they indulge all these people who clearly have no point being in the race?

Last edited by speKtor : October 30th, 2015 at 08:37 AM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2015, 08:38 PM   #13
EvenFlow

EvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enough

Live!: Elev8ion

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
That touches on another crazy aspect. How are there like 25 people running for president? Talk about an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Essentially they are all campaigning to be the representatives of one of the parties. So why dont the parties themselves say "okay look. 97% of you have no fucking chance of winning so here are the two actual, viable candidates. Pick one and lets move on". Why do they indulge all these people who clearly have no point being in the race?
Money
EvenFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 04:46 PM   #14
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
I really hope Ted Cruz wins the Republican nomination.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 11:32 AM   #15
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I have zero interest in the elections next year. I know who Trump and Hillary is, but I could care less for either of them, along with everyone else running. Unless someone I find something about someone that interest me, I probably won't even vote. I know I should, but we'll see.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM   #16
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:34 AM   #17
Jerome

I just like this video for the reaction of the guy in the background. The added music was a nice touch:

Old November 6th, 2015, 09:45 AM   #18
Pahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
God, I fucking hate Republicans.
Old November 7th, 2015, 10:17 PM   #19
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
God, I fucking hate Republicans.
Just watched... disgusting...

Getting back to the length of the Presidential Election, I may have changed my tune somewhat. Bill Maher is onto something (starts at 2:17):

Old November 13th, 2015, 09:43 PM   #20
Jerome

The Republican primary has become so ridiculous that after Jeb Bush said "Hell yeah" to killing a baby Hitler, if he was able to go back in time, Ben Carson had to chime in and give his take on killing baby Hitler. It seems to me the smart thing to do would be to not even bring it up, and just let Jeb Bush be ridiculed for it... but obviously not every GOP Presidential Candidate is smart enough to realize that.

Last edited by Jerome : November 13th, 2015 at 09:46 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2015, 10:17 AM   #21
speKtor

This statistic absolutely blew my mind.

There are 120 million households in America. Over half of the money raised by presidential candidates comes from just 158 households. Not 158,000, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY EIGHT.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...=top-news&_r=0

That is fucking astounding. How is that allowed to happen? What the actual fuck are you guys doing down there?
Old November 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM   #22
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
What the actual fuck are you guys doing down there?
At least we're not under the Queen of England.

Every presidential election year sucks, even more so now with social media. You can't get away from it.
Old November 15th, 2015, 07:16 PM   #23
Shaolin

Quote:
This statistic absolutely blew my mind.

There are 120 million households in America. Over half of the money raised by presidential candidates comes from just 158 households. Not 158,000, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY EIGHT.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...=top-news&_r=0

That is fucking astounding. How is that allowed to happen? What the actual fuck are you guys doing down there?
Campaign contributions are free speech. Some people simply have more free speech than others.

I've gotten away from thinking that "the game is rigged" but this year almost has me convinced. THIS is the best we can do?

Old November 15th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #24
Jerome

I still can't believe that in the first Democratic debate, when Hilary was defending her position on the banks, Wallstreet, etc., she basically said "I went down to Wallstreet and told them 'hey, you guys have to cut this out.'" I figured her handlers would have said "Hey, that sounded utterly ridiculous. Don't say something that stupid again." However, she actually did say it again several days later. I wonder if she wagged her finger when she told them to stop it.

If that wasn't bad enough, in this most recent debate, she actually invoked 9/11, when defending her Wallstreet ties... and people actually applauded. Give me a break.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM   #25
Jerome

It happened a couple days ago, but I see Bernie Sanders finally delivered his big "Democratic Socialism" speech. I haven't checked it out yet, but has anybody else watched it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: