ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old August 4th, 2016, 01:33 AM   #76
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
I'm REALLY starting to believe that Trump is a Democratic double-agent, dispatched to destroy the GOP and then to self destruct. I've followed politics since I was a kid, and I've never seen a candidate try so hard to piss people off. Its just unreal: everyday he says something newly petty, freshly chickenshit. Never seen anything like it.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2016, 08:34 AM   #77
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Consider yourself lucky that you've never had to spend any time in the presence of people who can afford to pay people to do nothing but blow smoke up their ass.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #78
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
I'm REALLY starting to believe that Trump is a Democratic double-agent, dispatched to destroy the GOP and then to self destruct. I've followed politics since I was a kid, and I've never seen a candidate try so hard to piss people off. Its just unreal: everyday he says something newly petty, freshly chickenshit. Never seen anything like it.
I would be more inclined to believe that theory if he didnt have a history of being a misogynistic, racist moron as far back as i can remember.

I'm pretty sure he is just an idiot.
Old August 11th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #79
Orinoco Flow

Orinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 0
Trump is dodging fraud charges for his shitty "school" by running for President. Clinton ... whitewater, filegate, travel gate and don't count on her for helping women, just ask Jones, Willey, Broaddrick and others she tried to hush up. Damn, our choices are fucked.

Okay, what we need is a campaign to put Bernie back on the ticket, a write-in campaign or something.

Then again even he doesn't know how to fix the economy. Maybe he could hire Rana Foroohar for economic policy.

A quick rundown of her view : Market capitalism is broken. Because banks, hedge funds, mutual funds, insurance firms, trading houses and such, i.e., institutes of finance, put most of their capital to lending against existing assets such as housing, stocks and bonds. Only around 15% of finance capital is used for business investments. But earlier in the twentieth century mostly what banks did was this. The system has broken because market capitalism has been abandoned for runaway financialization. Because everybody has failed to comprehend the relationship between capital markets, i.e., the financial system and businesses. It is the fatuos and erroneous belief that business (perhaps all other bodies as well) must revolve around finance which has caused the problem. When finance is so grossly oversized it sucks the air out of the economy. Finance must come around to serving business before a solution may occur.
Tell the entirety of your Parliament to ask Adair Turner, a former British banking regulator and now chairman of the Institute for New Economic Thinking, how you became mired into financialization and how to get out.

http://time.com/4327419/american-cap...-great-crisis/[
Orinoco Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 09:16 AM   #80
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinoco Flow View Post
Trump is dodging fraud charges for his shitty "school" by running for President. Clinton ... whitewater, filegate, travel gate and don't count on her for helping women, just ask Jones, Willey, Broaddrick and others she tried to hush up. Damn, our choices are fucked.[
It also sounds like there's an investigation going on, involving the Clinton Foundation... though I'm sure nothing will come of it. The perks of being a part of the establishment.
Old September 26th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #81
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Is anybody going to watch the debate tonight? I have no desire...
Old September 27th, 2016, 12:44 AM   #82
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Is anybody going to watch the debate tonight? I have no desire...
I watched it.

I dislike both parties, but I have no idea who would vote for Trump after that debate.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:55 AM   #83
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 696
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I watched it.

I dislike both parties, but I have no idea who would vote for Trump after that debate.
Misogynists, Racists, Xenophobes, basically his base.
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:28 PM   #84
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it. I have honestly ran out of things to say about Trump. He is so bad it is literally indescribable.

• He said China should invade North Korea
  • He said the USA should steal Iraq's oil
  • He pretty much threatened all of NATO
  • He could not give a straight answer about his feelings on a first strike nuclear strategy
  • His plan to protect the US against cyber attacks somehow involved his 10 year old son who "has computers"
  • He tried to claim that he did the African American community a favour by accusing Barack Obama of not being born in America
  • He repeatedly lied about things that are unequivocally true. even doubling down when the moderator pointed out he was lying.

Any one of those things would have catastrophicly imploded a regular candidates campaign. He said them all in the span of an hour and it wont cost him a single vote.

Old September 27th, 2016, 01:37 PM   #85
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Don't forget about bragging not paying federal taxes and thinking stop and frisk is the solution to cops and violence.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #86
Jerome

Quote:
Don't forget about bragging not paying federal taxes and thinking stop and frisk is the solution to cops and violence.
Not only did he say it was "smart" of him to not pay taxes, he apparently denied saying it afterwards!

Quote:
REPORTER: "Question for you, first of all, it sounds like you admitted that you hadn't paid federal taxes, and that was smart. Is that what you meant to say?"

TRUMP: "No, I didn't say that at all!"

Last edited by Jerome : September 28th, 2016 at 07:31 AM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 09:57 AM   #87
Jerome

Quote:
Endorsement: Hillary Clinton is the only choice to move America ahead

Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles.

This year is different.

The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.

That’s why, for the first time in our history, The Arizona Republic will support a Democrat for president.

Full Article
Their full article goes on to explain their reasoning. I wonder if Trump will offer some sort of response. I'm sure it'll be something like "Well I haven't read it, but it's a newspaper. It's a bad business to be in these days. Terrible. I'm a smart business man. I'm the smartest at business. I could start my own paper. Trump paper. It'd be the best. It'd have the best words. But it's just not good business. These people are losers."
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #88
speKtor

Quote:
The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified.
Donald Trump not being conservative is probably one of the few nice things about him because these days a lot what is referred to as "conservationism" is just far right wing crazyiness.

It used to mean, limited government, fiscal responsibility and protecting the rights of citizens. Now it seems to mean hating anything socially responsible and valuing money/business over people.
Old September 30th, 2016, 11:20 PM   #89
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Moderator: "Stop and Frisk was declared unconstitutional."

Trump: "No it wasn't"

Moderator: "yes it was"

Trump: "well that was an anti-police judge...."

What
The
Fuck??

Honest to God, I've never seen a "debate" anything like this before. And to think that I was considering skipping out. Utterly insane performance.

Old October 4th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #90
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
I brag about not paying taxes also, anyone with half a brain that can get into the tax loophole should, it's not their fault.

It's like not using a coupon given to you for 100% off.

Stop and Frisk was cringe worthy lol.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #91
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
I brag about not paying taxes also, anyone with half a brain that can get into the tax loophole should, it's not their fault.
You really don't see how a presidential candidate bragging about not paying taxes is a bad look?

(not that I'm surprised at all by your complete lack of awareness)
Old October 5th, 2016, 08:25 AM   #92
Jerome

Did anybody watch the Vice Presidential Debate? I really didn't feel like listening to two Republicans argue, so I skipped it. I did see the official RNC blog declared Pence the 'clear winner'... before the debate even started.

The post even listed his top moments from the debate.

USA Today Article
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #93
BrntGuy

BrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Brntguy

Send a message via ICQ to BrntGuy Send a message via AIM to BrntGuy Send a message via MSN to BrntGuy
Didn't bother with the VP debates at all. But I like businessmen who don't lose a billion dollars in one year. This asshole is totally unqualified to lead this country, he is a con man who is only out to benefit himself.
I'm gonna put it down here. If Trump wins he will have the US out of the UN, out of NATO to allow Putin to take over countries he is dying to invade. And China will take over Taiwan to pay those countries back the billions he owes them.
Old October 5th, 2016, 09:30 PM   #94
Jerome

Didn't even take a full 24 hours for an attack ad to come out, in regards to Pence at the debate:

Old October 7th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #95
Shaolin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
Ya fucking think? Let's see, accomplished statesperson known for being cool under pressure debating someone who can't help but speak aloud whatever bullshit he just thought up and who has shown himself, repeatedly, to not be able to talk to a woman without making himself look like a complete and utter jackass. If I'm Paul Manafort or anyone on Trump's senior staff I lay awake every goddamned night dreading debates between him and Hillary. I legitimately think he will come up with a laundry list of excuses as to why he can't debate her and try to make it look like her fault as much as possible because he cannot stand on stage with her and come away looking like anything less than a fool.
You called it!

Old October 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #96
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but I don't see how you all can criticize him and just ignore everything Hillary has done. She may not make idiotic/sexist/racist comments but she is a liar, a criminal, a hypocrite and an overall piece of shit.

This is supposed to be a race for the most powerful position in the world and these are the issue we're are talking about? Not one person in the last dozen or so posts has mentioned one legitimate issue. It's nothing but mudslinging.

This election is not only going to suck, but it's also a complete joke.
Old October 13th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #97
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but I don't see how you all can criticize him and just ignore everything Hillary has done. She may not make idiotic/sexist/racist comments but she is a liar, a criminal, a hypocrite and an overall piece of shit.

This is supposed to be a race for the most powerful position in the world and these are the issue we're are talking about? Not one person in the last dozen or so posts has mentioned one legitimate issue. It's nothing but mudslinging.

This election is not only going to suck, but it's also a complete joke.
To be fair I haven't popped back into this thread a whole lot, and my last two posts were after the first Presidential and Vice Presidential debates. I'm definitely not ignoring what she's done. Up until the last few days there just hasn't really been a whole lot we haven't already known.

Now, because of the WikiLeaks emails there's stories about her telling people you need to have a public position on a policy and then a private one. That she's really not in support of gay marriage. The collusion with the DNC and certain media outlets during the primaries. Etc., etc. I don't trust her AT ALL, and I wonder how the primary would have gone if Bernie Sanders was actually treated fairly.

Either way, on the very first page I criticized her about her BS with Wall Street. On page two I said she is "a Democratic candidate nobody trusts, who is under investigation by the FBI, and is practically a Republican." I find it hilarious that during the primaries she said she knows how to be a leader, but said she isn't four single payer health care because it'd be too hard to get done, so we should just stick with what we have. She was pro TPP until Sanders railed on her for it. She's pro fracking. She called inner city youth "super predators," and when asked about it this year she said she was talking about the drug cartels. Anything great that happened under her husband she tries to take some credit for, but when asked about the increase in incarcerations, and other bad things, she basically goes "well that was my husband," and tries to have it both ways. I could go on.

If the election were today I'd rather vote Jill Stein or write in Bernie Sanders, then check off her name.
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #98
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but I don't see how you all can criticize him and just ignore everything Hillary has done.
Really. REALLY?

Is Hillary perfect? Fuck no. Few politicians are especially ones that have been around as long as her. But her opponent is a fucking moron, and might legitimatley be one of the worst people on the planet, who isnt qualified to run a hot dog stand let alone the most powerful country on the planet.

You can bring up whatever you want about Hillary and talk about it till the cows come home. None of it matters though because the other option is a guy who probably fails a grade 7 geography class, understands nothing about government, has a history of blatant racism and, oh by the way, might be a multiple rapist.

http://gawker.com/the-time-donald-tr...lly-1721129617

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b..._10619944.html

let me just repeat that for a second. The current Republican candidate for President has a hearing set for a month after the election because he is being sued for allegedly raping a 13 year old girl. AND HE IS STILL IN THE RACE! Mitt Romney and everyone else who lost due to some stupid gaffe must be ready to kill themselves.

If he were to somehow win the election that means that one of his first acts as the incoming president would be to go to court to defend himself against accusations of child rape.

That is the single most insane thing I have ever heard.

Last edited by speKtor : October 14th, 2016 at 11:54 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 09:39 AM   #99
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Really. REALLY?

Is Hillary perfect? Fuck no. Few politicians are especially ones that have been around as long as her. But her opponent is a fucking moron, and might legitimatley be one of the worst people on the planet, who isnt qualified to run a hot dog stand let alone the most powerful country on the planet.

You can bring up whatever you want about Hillary and talk about it till the cows come home. None of it matters though because the other option is a guy who probably fails a grade 7 geography class, understands nothing about government, has a history of blatant racism and, oh by the way, might be a multiple rapist.

http://gawker.com/the-time-donald-tr...lly-1721129617

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-b..._10619944.html

let me just repeat that for a second. The current Republican candidate for President has a hearing set for a month after the election because he is being sued for allegedly raping a 13 year old girl. AND HE IS STILL IN THE RACE! Mitt Romney and everyone else who lost due to some stupid gaffe must be ready to kill themselves.

If he were to somehow win the election that means that one of his first acts as the incoming president would be to go to court to defend himself against accusations of child rape.

That is the single most insane thing I have ever heard.
Dude you are so lost in the Liberal Media Campaign it's sad.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 01:41 AM   #100
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Their full article goes on to explain their reasoning. I wonder if Trump will offer some sort of response. I'm sure it'll be something like "Well I haven't read it, but it's a newspaper. It's a bad business to be in these days. Terrible. I'm a smart business man. I'm the smartest at business. I could start my own paper. Trump paper. It'd be the best. It'd have the best words. But it's just not good business. These people are losers."
Outstanding!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: