ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

Old May 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM   #26
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375
Games Wanted: 0

BizzyBum
annnddd the dagger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560478

No wonder they didn't mention any of this during the reveal

Last edited by Vid Gamer : May 21st, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM   #27
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 56

xIceCBx
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
They really couldn't come up with a better name then that.
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:48 PM   #28
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFan View Post
They really couldn't come up with a better name then that.
Trust me, there are going to be Sony fanboys who think that the Xbox 360 is 360 times more powerful than the Xbox One. Not because they are fanboys, but because they really are dumb.

We've been spoiled to have Peter here as our village idiot. There are people out there dumber than him.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM   #29
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Xbox One requires a one time activation for every game per system. To activate each game on another system, there will be a fee.

The Xbox One TV features require a cable box.

Quote from one of the Xbox One's lead designers "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play."

There's absolutely no backwards compatibility. All those XBLA games we bought are stuck on your 360.

Xbox One requires Kinect, will not work without it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by bigloser : May 21st, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM   #30
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Well... at least it looks like they fixed the D-Pad...
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM   #31
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

xIceCBx
So Microsoft made there own CPU for this? What happen to AMD making it and the GPU?
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:27 PM   #32
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Xbox One | Clarification on Used Game Fee | Phil Harrison via Kotaku

Quote:
But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM   #33
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

BizzyBum
I can't believe how fail this thing is so far.

It even looks like an old, ugly cable box or DVD player.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #34
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4

Syn Zero
…other than Forza 5 I didn't see anything I'm interested in. Honestly these new system announcements are very mesh.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM   #35
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 3

Erbs
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
It fucking REQUIRES a kinect?? Please tell me this shit comes with it. I just wanna play NHL14. Fuck that if I have to buy a kinect, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

Haven't played a playstation since like 1998. That may change.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #36
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
…other than Forza 5 I didn't see anything I'm interested in. Honestly these new system announcements are very mesh.
I'm waiting for E3 to find out what these 18 XBOX exclusives are before I decide for sure what I'm doing, but I'm about 85% sure I'm going to be getting the new XBOX. I am getting a bit bored with this generation, and I'm usually an early adopter.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #37
Vid Gamer

BizzyBum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbs View Post
It fucking REQUIRES a kinect?? Please tell me this shit comes with it. I just wanna play NHL14. Fuck that if I have to buy a kinect, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

It comes with it.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:19 PM   #38
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 689
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Regarding the pre-owned fee stuff, it sounds like Microsoft may implement some sort of online trading marketplace:

Quote:
Harrison also said that owners can trade their secondhand games online, however the company is "not talking about it today".
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM   #39
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Quote:

PS4 basically lost it's sale to me when it used the same damned controller. That thing is hell on my hands. Especially since I have arthritis in my left thumb near the base, and my fingers are really long, so the way I have to hold their controller gives me a cramp in like 10 minutes. I can play for like 4 hours without a cramp on the xbox controller.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:53 PM   #40
YoungFan

xIceCBx
So it sounds like you have to connect to the internet once every 24 hrs at least to keep playing single player.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM   #41
YoungFan

xIceCBx
Quote:
, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

It sounds like as long as your signed in to your live account on whatever console your be ok to play that game.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #42
sickmind

sickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
annnddd the dagger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560478

No wonder they didn't mention any of this during the reveal

Yikes, I don't see myself ever buying this shit. I will wait and see with the PS4 whether or not its worth a purchase. Otherwise it looks like PC-only for the foreseeable future.
sickmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM   #43
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Like Vid Gamer mentioned, it'll come with it. During the event they said they're packing it in with every system.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #44
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
I lol hard -

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM   #45
bigloser

I don't quite understand why there's supposedly 3 operating systems running on the Xbox One.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM   #46
molsonmuscle

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was even possible for Francis to get any bigger. Dude is gonna just drop dead during a rant at his computer some day.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM   #47
Shinobi128

Shinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the roughShinobi128 is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 104
I do not have a need to watch a trailer for a movie while watching a movie.
Shinobi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:30 AM   #48
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
I'm confused on what was so bad, on top of this do we even know anything about the PS4?????
- Forced online activation for all games
- Complex used games system that is anti consumer
- Charged fee for playing used games on non linked profile
- Console that needs to be connected to internet every 24 hours to play games
- Very few games shown at the event
- Massive emphasis on TV, services and non game related stuff
- Rumoured (relatively weak) hardware confirmed
- DDR3 confirmed instead of GDDR5
- Only 5GB of the 8GB ram available for games (a whopping 3GB reserved for the OS)
- No self publishing for games
- Epic PR disaster with conflicting reports from Microsoft and it's heads
- Xbox support on twitter going AWOL
- Microsoft's failed attempts to correct PR with contradicting FAQ's, vague responses, misinformation, lies etc
- Live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device
- Lots of announced services are for US only
- Kinect needed to be plugged in for Xbox One to function
- Over emphasis on Kinect
- Always watching and on Kinect is a tad creepy
- Xbox One having non-replaceable Hard Drive's
- COD Ghosts not looking that great (and the only game that had actual direct gameplay shown)
- Xbox One not being backwards compatible with the 360
- Only HDMI for output, leaving people unable to use composite or component cables
- Console quite large whilst still also using quite a large external power brick
- No headset included
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:31 AM   #49
bigloser

3 of the 8 gigs being dedicated purely for the 3 OS' just seems crazy to me.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:50 AM   #50
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
i like the look of it more than the look of the original and the last one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: